Kill the Cows: Hidden Sequel

(Taking place before the events of 'Kill the Cows: Epilogue' and during 'Kill the Cows: Finale' and 'Kill the Cows 2'... enjoy the film)

Also just a small note because oh shoot I did NOT find any names that I liked for FarmTale Pap and have been referring to him as 'farm's brother' for the longest time now, which is SO painful. So... to cut down on awkwardness, I temporarily created a placeholder name for the big dude. Sorry I'm lazy if you have any suggestions from like the canon creator please suggest them all I could find is girly stuff like 'Hazel' or taken titles like 'carrot' so yeah the new name is Green. I'm not second guessing that this time. 

(And uhh frankly, I'm aware there isn't a canon FarmTale Muffet, so please improvise for this one... maybe I'll share my design on tumblr later?? I have no idea how you'll imagine her but I'll add a little book description ok? Thanks, love y'all.) 

{Meanwhile}

Crooks felt sick. 

He gripped the corners of his seat as the car rattled along down unfamiliar roads. The ride was long. Unpleasant. Crooks was not comfortable.

Green made things no easier. He drove along, occasionally glancing at the smaller skeleton via the rear view mirror, but for the most part, he contributed to an icy and concrete silence. No attempt at conversation whatsoever. 

Crooks just wanted to sink into the car cushions and disappear. And the weight on his shoulders encouraged it. He could not relax for the life of him. He prayed the stop would come soon. 

In the backseat, by himself, Crooks felt claustrophobic. The walls of the vehicle seemed to close in on him whenever he looked, and that fact made him quite uneasy. 

He felt like he might vomit his breakfast, but swallowed the apprehension down, clenching his lower jaw. He was fine. Nothing bad would happen. Horror was safe and soon enough he would get where he was going. 

That was exactly happened. After the long, long trip, Green pulled into a long, long driveway. On either side were great big pastures. Bigger than the ones on Font Farm. There were so many different plants that Crooks somehow recognized, along with many different animals and even— wait were those spiders?

Pressing his face to the car window, Crooks ogled the small arachnids as they scuttled about. Spiders could farm? That was new. That was cool. 

Crooks' inner mirth sparked as he watched them work, spotting a sign to read as Green continued up the driveway at a respectable pace.

'Muffet's Croft'

Muffet's Croft. That's what the sign said. Spiders crawled over it too, one of them trimming an unruly vine that had latched onto the corner. Crooks wondered how long it took to grow. 

At last, Green came to a stop, arriving in front of a large estate that made Crooks' stomach drop. His metaphorical tummy had butterflies spring to life, flying about and making his insides feel funny. 

When he got out the car, he could barely stand on his suddenly weak little legs. Queasiness overtook him and he wondered if he might actually lose his breakfast. That'd be a major shame.

"Crooks," Green cooed in low, calming chords. Crooks immediately glanced up, looking the larger skeleton right  in the eye sockets. "Calm down. I assure you nothing that happens here will endanger you in any way."

Crooks blinked. Green's hand slowly reached down and wrapped around his, encasing his much smaller hand in a bony cage of confidence. Courage flickered to life within him. 

"Besides, Ms. Muffet isn't one to judge." Green chirped, voice rising a pitch or two as he started towards the doors of what looked like a mansion. "She's quite nice! Just— don't step on her spiders. That would be a very pitiful incidence and would not end well for any of us."