Mellow after a Meal

—Your POV—

Oh how time flies. 

Fully changed, and ready to go, is you, in between Horror and Lust.

You sit at the table, a small grin visible on your face as you await Fresh and Epic's return. They'll be sending you off in around 20 minutes, giving directions and some words of advice before you're all on your merry way. 

Papyrus mentioned something about you guys being caught on some camera feeds, so Epic and Fresh are apparently fixing that as of now, checking databases and whatnot to make sure no evidence of your existence remains available. It's kind of cool, you guess, sneaking out of a heavily guarded prison on your way back to your friend's boss' mansion. 

Well, maybe not a friend, but the point is clear and you're going to overwork yourself thinking about it, so you focus on the now and not the nouns. 

Lust is rambling about obnoxious nonsense with Papyrus while Horror simply stares at you, unblinking in a way you aren't all too fond of, as it kind of creeps you out. 

You decide to aimlessly stare back, a lightness in you gaze as you go over his face, the familiar crooked grin, the one empty socket, and of course the glowing eye light which is usually red, but currently the penetrating green you're still not entirely used to. 

"Sup Cup...cake." Horror says with a slight slur to his tone, suggesting he had one too many bowls of spaghetti. 

You narrow your eyes at him, the grin on your face disappearing as you study him sharply. He's not sitting up straight, and his elbows are on the table, but you try not to mind him as he sighs, dropping his gaze and hanging his head. 

Ok, confusing behavior but you choose not to pry. You need to save your energy right? Then don't waste it on dumb stuff. 

Horror puts his head down on the table, closing his eye sockets as you try not to stare. Maybe Horror ate too much, though it doesn't seem he has a stomach so that's confusing enough. 

Maybe it's just an unexpected rush of euphoria going through him, or something like that. Usually prisoners don't e get busted out by some guards and a couple people they like, but Horror's lucky, you suppose. 

You glance about, boredom running a wreck within you as you huff out some pity. No need to feel sorry for yourself... not yet at least, but that's to come later. 

You rest your chin on the table and catch Lust's gaze for a moment, before he goes back to his boisterous chatter. His eye lights are still white as snow, a good sign for you and Horror, meaning he's not going to be lewd for now. 

You smile softly, looking around for a brief few humorless seconds before again locking eyes with Lust, raising an eyebrow as he nonchalantly looks away, continuing his chat with the taller skeleton. 

"Well, I guess it's going tibia mundane little wait then." Horror mutters, shifting on the table with a small grumble from his midsection. 

You deadpan at the horrible pun, but sigh nonetheless. Horror's right, you're not exactly enjoying it until Lust lets out an exasperated groan and looks at the two of you with what looks like disapproval. 

"You two really don't know how to do anything exciting, do you?" Lust tuts, and you shrug while Horror growls, clearly thinking up a comeback. 

"If by exciting you mean erotic, Slut." Horror hisses, you wince, Lust bristles, Papyrus recoils a little bit. 

You look between the two, both clearly insulted, but not completely provoked to the point where their up in arms about who the more tasteless skeleton. You sit up straight, maybe this is a sign for some bickering, you don't know. Though,  it's probably more fun than occasionally making eye contact with someone, so you let it happen. 

"Let's not get the wrong idea here, Horror." Lust coos, temper simmering down as you've seen him demonstrate before, and fascinatingly, it works. 

Horror just grunts, barely nodding at Lust as the latter lets out a more content sigh, flashing you and Papyrus a smile before continuing his point. 

"Like I was saying, why don't we engage in a friendly conversation? Or play cards." Lust suggests, though the secondary option is said with less mirth than the first.

"You two can chat and I'll talk to Papyrus here, maybe we'll switch sometime." Lust advises, turning back to Papyrus to continue speaking on whatever topics they just so happen to be discussing.

Horror picks his skull up and turns it at you, enthusiasm deep within his eye sockets. It's weak, like a flicker, but you'll do your best to ignite it into something more compatible. 

You open your mouth to speak, but then close it.

You really haven't legitimately sat down to speak with Horror civilly for a while huh? It's a little baffling, yet somehow that draws you closer to some extent. 

Maybe you should just pick up where you left off. Last time you sat and spoke you remember going over the topic of relationships, and that Horror promised to tell you the full extent of his 'love life' at some point. 

You're not completely sure with Lust around, but you'll lean in close to him and ask quickly, wording it simply as to get the message across. 

"Hey, aren't you ever going to tell me about your love life?" It comes from you as a whisper, before you pull away, just in time for Horror's reaction.

Horror bolts straight up in his seat, enthusiasm torn apart by what looks like alertness, and maybe a tad of embarrassment. 

Crimson begins to seep across Horror's cheekbones, but it's quickly concealed by the gloved hand that comes to his mouth and hides it. 

"Later, on the bus or something." Horror murmurs low, sending you and unwarranted glare while Lust gazes at you two quizzically. 

You hum, satisfied and excited to get out of the prison even more. Lots of things waiting for you, like freedom and some cookies, a story and finally the bed you call your own. 

It's all distant, like a foggy dream, but you're sure you'll enjoy every second of it. 

You just have to be patient. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Me now: Huh, I should probably make books where the reader is gender neutral to attract more crowds. 

Also old me when writing the earlier chapters: She, her, hers, she's, lady, girl, female, woman, feminine, w—

I was so cringe, and I still am. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus 

(Also writing shit in first person lmao. So stupid I was. So very redundant and unsmart.)