A day with Crooks

—Your POV—

It was 12:00PM, you'd spent you whole entire morning vacuuming, mopping, dusting, scrubbing, sweeping, washing, and moving. You flopped across a random well cleaned sofa, feeling breathless from the endless work you 'agreed' to. You didn't really care about the blue strings sewn into it, or the discarded cat cradle that you laid on top of. You were tired, and had a bad feeling your tiredness would be your demise. 

"WAS MY HELP USEFUL HUMAN?" A towering Crooks came into view, looking at you with confusion and concern on his features. You gave him a tired smile, and then thought, was the help useful? Well, he didn't clean much, he helped dry the dishes and laundry though. He also provided you with the cleaning items and materials you needed. So, in your book, Crooks did a great job. 

"Of course Mr. Crooks." You said, sitting up to actually acknowledge your surroundings. You were on the sofa you'd seen Error on, and immediately got up, rushing to Horror's couch. Later you'd play it safe by cleaning Error's sofa again. Crooks came and sat next to you, the change in weight causing you to bounce up before landing back down. 

"WHEN IS OUR BREAK OVER, HUMAN?" Crooks queried, his small, black, round eyes full of wonder. 

"Ah... how about 20 minutes?" You suggested, the length of the average anime episode sounding appropriate. Crooks nodded, then relaxed on the couch, his body lightly sagging as he sunk into the couch, smiling softly as he got comfortable. "I Will Relax Now." Crooks said quietly, his eyes closing as he seemingly went dormant, leaving you to yourself. 

Stealthily, you left, heading to Horror's room to... well, just be there. You'd cleaned it earlier, and now it doesn't smell like blood and angst, but instead fresh linen and a hint of the fragrance you accidentally put on. Upon walking in, you saw the bright clear window, open to let the room air out a bit. 

You went to shut it, gingerly pressing the doors together before tightening the lock. Then, you put the curtains back over it, a dim light quietly shining through the thin fabrics. You smiled sweetly, admiring you work of cleaning a room that was so dull and stuffy earlier. 

Of course you'd kept all Horror's belongings in place, and you didn't mess with anything, you simply came in to vacuum, wash the sheets, polish the dresser, and clean the window. And the same went for every other bedroom. 

You sat on Horror's nicely fluffed and cleaned bed, full of contentment. Earlier, while you were in here with Crooks, you'd found a bear trap under the sheets with a note attached, saying 'I'd hate to bear witness to what's going to happen to you~ -Horror!' Sure it was a sick joke, seeing as less than a second after you touched the note, the trap snapped shut, nearly catching you entire arm.

If it weren't for Crooks' precautionary measures, you would've bled out and died. 

You sighed gratefully as the horrifying memory raced back, concluding the trap wasn't for you, but maybe one of Horror's companions that infiltrate his room often? You suspiciously glanced at the trap in the corner, safely propped on a wall where it couldn't hurt a fly. (Like one of those trophies... idk why I feel the need to specify but it's in the air. Perhaps 6 or 7 feet up on the wall.)

Playfully, you smirked at it, feeling an odd sense of satisfaction with Crooks' job of suspending the trap. You shook your head vigorously, shaking out the last bits of the awkward emotion just as your phone started to vibrate, reminding you of your timer. You whipped it out with precision, chuckling nervously at the clock that said 15 minutes instead of 20. 

You hadn't lied to Crooks, you just made a mistake, yet right now 5 minutes seems like a big difference. You walked out of Horror's room, sparing one last glance at the bear trap before making your exit.