Sleep Talk

—Your POV—

Away from the arguing, you and Horror are unceremoniously stuffed into some random room. Fresh and Papyrus sort of dropped you off, claiming that the two of you need to 'rest up' and 'get ready for the big days ahead of you' and while you were struggling to stay awake in the slightest, Horror seemed a little too energized for his own good. 

You want to ask about Nightmare, but you decide to put it off, instead glaring at the double bed which is for some reason in here. Prison guards didn't usually even reside at the place they were supposed to guard, this whole thing was already cheesy, but did they let couples share a room or something?

It made you fume in a small little snippet, but the other part was just incredibly flustered. You're sure Horror is baffled when you march into the bathroom and lock yourself in, abruptly deciding that a shower was mandatory at the time. 

You won't be long, just strip your clothes off and set the new ones out on the rack. Your old clothes will be folded and washed later, but now you'll worry about the present and only the present.

You hop in the shower, glaring at the complexities within before fumbling for the knobs and tweaking the water pressure and temperature to your liking. 

Too many fancy things in such a cluttered space as such puzzled you. Who needed eight different soaps and body washes in one bathroom? Castile soap, hand soap, glycerin soap, guest soap, hell, there was even a small section dedicated to different novelty soaps, which leaves you a tad uncomfortable. 

It's only a short 10 minute shower, you clean up, soaping down and rinsing off, hopping out and applying lotion and deodorant before you're convinced to try on your new gear. 

You examine all the pairs. Taking an inexplicable favor in the cream colored jacket, but you're already settled on the idea of napping directly after this, so you put on your undergarments and top it off with the 'Five More Minutes' shirt and indigo bottoms.

You march out the bathroom afterwards, met by the sight of Horror suspiciously hunched over in a corner, but he shoots up and comes over for a small hug. You choose not to question the strange behavior, instead going on and perhaps starting small talk, a leisurely smile on your face as you enter the main room. 

"Hey Horror... how are you buddy?" You ask tiredly, not too fond of the way he's bouncing up and down with extreme and anxious mirth, but you don't kill his vibe as you take your dirty clothes and place them somewhere responsible.

"Feels great to be back on my feet Cupcake!" He chirps, following you to the bed as you stare longingly at it before climbing in, grabbing the blanket and throwing it onto yourself. 

"Yeah, I'm glad." You mutter, nuzzling into the pillow as you heard some uncertain noises from Horror. 

"You're going to sleep?"

"Mhm." 

"Can we talk a little longer...? I've been... kinda worrying about this for a while now." Horror explains, fidgety phalanges within his gloves. 

Well... you're sleepy, you know that. But, you weren't talking to Horror even before your rescue. You feel guilt slap you in your tired face, providing you with a little more energy, but also causing a small twist in your gut, which accompanied by hindering hunger is not a good combo.

You flip onto your back, the decide against that and sit up, legs covered, back against the headboard. Horror slides onto the bed in a similar position, except he's sitting crisscross applesauce. 

"So... riddle me this then, cause it's been on my mind," You start, interrupted by an inconvenient yawn as Horror takes your hand and gives it a light squeeze, grounding you far from the tempting clutches of slumber. 

"How are we gonna get out of here? I got bus tickets, but Nightmare said something about giving  him a call when I find you, but I pissed him off and I doubt he's gonna heed my call." You mumble, a sleepy sigh coming from you as you gently lean on Horror's shoulder, a bony finger tracing your fingertips.

Horror hums, his grip tightening as he adjusts so your head rests in the crook of his neck. He seems to stall for a moment, most likely minding the words in his head so you don't take whatever he's going to say worse than it already is. 

"...He can't." Horror supplies vaguely, and you furrow your brow, the sleep-deprived brain in your head moving slower than usual. 

"Can't what?" You ask dully, blinking heavily as you almost lack the strength to do such an easy motion with your eyelids. You're slipping, slipping fast, away from consciousness by the second, and you're not slowing down. 

"Overhear some guards talking, and Lust told me too. Nightmare can't come here anymore. From the moment that portal dumped you out, Fresh and Asgore knew what was going on. You didn't even say a word which is the worst part." Horror sighs gently, petting your head softly and pressing his teeth to your hair. 

"After they figured Nightmare sent you, they wanted to make sure he couldn't do anymore of that, yet he still weasels his way into dreams... oughta sleep with holy water in my skull eh?" Horror muses, a small chuckle coming from him as you hum in acknowledgement. 

"Noot's gonna be pissed." 

"Yeah." 

"Oh yeah, I'm excited to leave though, such an exhilarating thought in my skull." Horror beams, and although you can't see it, you can tell he wears a optimistic smile, eyes shining with determination as your hand is squeezed once more. 

You nod in agreement, tiredness making it's final blow as your vision darkens and your eyelids both suddenly weigh a ton. Once you're sleeping, you don't dream at all, just deep dark emptiness that permanently stains the back of your eyelids. 

Another dreamless night, another pointless fight, but it'll all be worth it in the end. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Me when I write freeform after school in the afternoon: Boring, take long. 

Me when I write freeform after school in the afternoon, but I'd written a couple hundred words that morning: Energizing, take short!

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus