Core's Maturity

—Your POV—

"Get yer' slow ass over here!" Red barked as he yanked you along, part of you wanting to retort with something nasty, but you decided against it. "Damn you... gettin' me into all this shit! I'm just tryna' do my frickin' job!" He grumbled, dragging you down a long hall to a door on the end, and leading you in. 

Inside was practically nothing, a large white expanse stretching out to what seemed to be infinite. You immediately spotted two figures, that nerdy skeleton from the bus, and the familiar gray child from your dream a month or so ago. 

"Yo Core!" Red yelped, startling the nerd and the kid, and causing them both to look over. He then proceeded to speed-walk over, likely to keep from straining his voice. (How so without a voicebox or vocal cords? We will never know.) "Eh... sorry for interrupting you two, especially you Core, since yer' on break, but I found this... hooligan slinking around Sector Fragile." Red huffed, glaring at you disdainfully.

"Oh my!" Core squeaked, holding one finger up towards the blushing nerdy skeleton, who nodded, looking a bit inert. "I knew it Red! I saw her in my dream a couple days ago, running around the jail looking for someone." Core said, making you tense up, did they know you were here for Horror? Were they going to keep you from him?

"Didn't I tell you Red?" Core chirped, beckoning the three of you along, well... really just the nerd and Red, but you got dragged into it as well. "What? I don't remember any of that... I think I fell asleep or something kiddo." Red muttered, earning a whine from Core. "What about you Sci? I'm sure you were there too." Core tried, and received a shake of the skull from him. 

Core sighed, just when the three of you came to a door at the edge of the white abyss. "Let's take this to my office. Red, you go and patrol, Sci and Y/N please come with me." The mention of your name made you jolt, but quickly follow the skeleton and child into the 'office' which looked fit for a full grown adult, but it wasn't. 

You wondered how Core got everyone to listen to them, and why they did so anyway? It was odd watching all these people who were 2 and 3 times their size just wordlessly obey their every command, and yet it didn't seem the slightest bit forced. You furrowed your brow in thought, walking into Core's office without a word of protest, and began to study it, exploring it's every feature with your eyes.

"Sit here please." Core advised as they guided you to a chair, right when you saw another person in the room, only because they were staring at you. It was a tall lanky skeleton like Crooks, with a large orange hoody on and dark green shorts. He shot you a wink, and you shuddered in response, something about this skeleton seeming off. 

"Oh Stretch, you didn't have to stay here, you should probably get some rest." Core suggested, following your gaze to examine his as well. Stretch simply nodded before disappearing, leaving you, Core, and Sci. You looked at Sci, who promptly shuffled over to Core and whispered something that clearly alarmed them, causing the large black eyes to widen in fear as the previously soft and relaxed smile twisted downwards with terror. 

Core whispered back, saying something that shocked the skeleton, as he more audibly whispered for clarification. Core nodded, attention snapping back to you as Sci dashed out. You just stared, thinking heavily about why all these humans and monsters alike would passively agree to serve this child, and how easily they could be overthrown. 

"Umm? Y/N?" Core mumbled, pulling out a chair to sit in. You looked at them, plastering on a smile that heavily contrasted how your wrists and hands felt, being forever choked by these dreadful cuffs. As if they could read your mind, Core walked over and whipped out a key, gingerly unlocking your binds and letting them slide off, catching them in their gray hand.

"Oh th-thanks." You uttered, receiving a gracious smile. Core walked back to their chair and hopped in, watching joyfully as you massaged some feeling back into your wrists, grinning widely at the child when you were done. "So... mind explaining why you're here?" Core asked, their expression shifting to concerned, but still friendly. 

You shifted, an odd feeling of discomfort suddenly overtaking you as you struggling to meet Core's huge, expansive black eyes. They seemed to be questioning you— the eyes, trying to look into your soul and slowly take out whatever they were looking for, before Core just beamed at you, content with whatever they wanted to learn. 

"I know everything now..." Core said, smile dropping along with their jaw. "N-Nightmare..." Core whispered, making you horrified. "SHHH!" You hissed, as Core sat motionless, mouthing nonsense before regaining composure, looking at you desperately. "Ok, ok. I'm sure you have your share of questions about me... right?" Core said, looking at you with an apologetic smile. 

"The simplest way of saying this is... I'm essentially omnipresent." 

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Sorry! I had to pull an all-nighter after I refused to do my asynchronous work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I couldn't update yesterday because I was over at my best mate's house getting the work and completing it. Thanks for reading anyway though! :D

Hope you enjoyed!! Procrastination isn't always bad!

- De Moogus