Friends

—Crooks' POV—

I glanced endearingly at the small human, they seemed to really enjoy my prized spaghetti. They looked up at me, their large eyes full of joy and wonder.

 "This is delicious Mr. Crooks!" They said softly, finishing up their bowl of spaghetti and putting it in the sink to be later cleaned. 

They smiled at me, and I couldn't help but pull them into a hug. Sure they wheezed a little, but I didn't hear any cracks that my brother warned me about, so I hugged them for a moment before setting them down. 

They gasped for air, making me slightly confused, but every human does this when I give them friendship hugs and I'm used to it. "SO HUMAN ARE YOU READY TO GO ASK EVERYONE TO CLAEN THEIR ROOM?" I still didn't completely understand why they needed my greatness to accompany them, but a friend is always there to help another friend in need, correct?

"Of course, Mr. Crooks." They replied breathily, a small tiny returning to their face. "LET US BEGIN!" I announced, marching up the stairs with them close behind, upon reaching the landing, I looked down the hallway leading to everyone's respective rooms. First up was Dust, then Killer, Horror, Cross, Error, and Nightmare. At the very end was the guest room, now occupied by the human. 

I heard them breathing more loudly than usual and turned to check on them. "HUMAN ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" I asked, full of concern.

"Yes Mr. Crooks, just trying to calm myself." I nodded, and turned back to the hallway to go to Dust's closed door. I stood next the the human, knowing they were probably uncomfortable around my brother's friends, unlike me.

I knocked lightly on the door, waiting patiently as shuffling and movement was heard on the other side of the door, a lazy 'coming' from the other side as well. In a couple of awkward seconds, Dust slung the door open, brightening when he saw me, not noticing the human. 

"What brings you by big guy?" Dust asked, casually leaning against the doorframe, tiredness in his eyes. "THE HUMAN WANTED TO KNOW IF THEY COULD CLEAN YOUR ROOM." I gestured to the human, Dust looked at them a snickered maliciously. 

"Oh yeah sure, I'm not an edgy bitch who'll keep you from your job." Dust stood up, obviously assuming that was all, and murmured a barely audible: 'I'll just make it harder.' much to my disdain. 

"NEXT IS KILLER." I said, side stepping down to the next door. The door had a large unforgiving 'KEEP OUT BITCHES' sign posted on it, which was no new addition. It's been there for as long as I can remember. I chuckled, seeing the human's wrinkled nose in reaction to the door's text was silly. 

I knocked on the door, a bit startled when it swung open before I was finished. "Sup, Crooks." Killer said nonchalantly, eyeing the human with suspicion and malice. 

"WE CAME BY TO ASK IF YOU OKAY WITH THE HUMAN CLEANING YOUR ROOM." Killer laughed at that, stepping forward to grab the human's chin, sending a visible eruption of panic across their face, along with their eyes going straight to me. 

"M-Mr. Killer...?" The human muttered, blinking back fearful tears. "Sure doll, just don't mess up my shit, kay?" Killer sneered, letting go upon noticing my heated glare. 

"O-ok." The human muttered, wincing when Killer slammed his door shut. "ARE YOU OK HUMAN?" I asked, concerned for their safety. "Yes Mr. Crooks..." They responded, rubbing their chin. 

"SOME OF MY BROTHER'S FRIENDS HAVE STANDARDS THAT DO NOT EVEN BEGIN TO COMPARE TO MINE. VERY BAD MORALS. BUT PLEASE DO NOT BE UPSET WITH THEM, AS THEY ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH YOU YET." I said, gently patting their head. They nodded afterwards, already on her way to the next door. 

"Your brother already gave me the clear for his room, so I guess we can skip it." They said, skipping to Cross's room. Me and Cross were just acquaintances really, he was never the type to be very friendly, but we weren't just strangers to each other. 

With a kind knock, our presence was made known. Cross came to the door within a couple seconds and surveyed me and the human uninterestedly, waving us off causally as he gave me an answer before I could even query. 

"Hell no." 

Then, just like that, the door was slammed in our faces, swiftly and curtly. The human and I scoffed simultaneously, and then proceeded to giggle at each other. 

"ON TO ERROR THEN." I said proudly, walking down the hall, to his room. There was an odd gap between his room and Cross' but no one ever questioned it for safety matters. 

This time, the human knocked, earning some aggravated glitchy noises from the other side of the door. "K-K-Killer I sw-swear if this is another o-o-one of your sh-sh-shitty knock— knock j-jokes you're f-f-fucking DeAd!" He hissed, the fizzing and glitching completely evident in his speech. 

"ACTUALLY ERROR, IT IS I THE GREAT CROOKS." I said smoothly, relaxing at the little 'oh' from Error's side of the door. "W-well what do you w-want." He replied, not half as glitched as before. "IS THE HUMAN ALLOWED TO CLEAN YOUR ROOM?" I asked once more.

There was an awkward silence, and some incoherent murmurs before Error spoke up. 

"No."

I frowned and looked at the human, they were softly trembling, shakily walking to the next door. I walked over and they hid behind me, breathing audibly again to try to calm down. I patted their head again, this time, with a bit of magic to calm their nerves. They calmed down, and I knocked on the door, wondering why they were so scared of Nightmare.

I mean of course, it's rational, his name, appearance, attitude, abilities, and I'm sure behavior plays a part as well. I stood here for a long moment, everything seemed to slow down. There was no response even though I'd knocked twice now, and I was becoming slightly suspicious. 

"Behind you~." 

The moment shattered, and it wasn't Nightmare's voice, it was the human's panicked squeak. Immediately I turned around, but I saw no one. Everything was so confusing, I felt so utterly befuddled. 

With a groan I went to the room reserved for me and sat down, a sickness accumulating in my nonexistent stomach. This was horrible, what was my brother going to think? What did Nightmare do? Why did Nightmare do that?

In between his worried thoughts, Crooks didn't notice himself nodding off. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Woah bruh, where did this idea come from? Hell, absolute Hell. Get ready for a rollercoaster, because the drama might do a huge pickup from this point. Hope you enjoyed... Drop a vote... thanks for reading... every view counts......

- De Moogus