Bath time

Tw: More suggestive dialogue 

—Your POV—

It was 3:20PM, you'd spent the remainder of your afternoon cleaning the rooms Reaper interrupted you from doing, and now you were taking a well deserved bath. It was quite refreshing, you thought as you sank a little deeper into the water, breathing carefully through your nose to avoid breathing in any water. 

Glancing over at your phone, which you'd propped up on the toilet, you noticed how long you'd been bathing, about 15 minutes. You brought up your hand to grab the rubber duck, that you found abandoned in your closet. It had an odd golden design on it, little glistening swirls around it's eyes and on the beak, fascinating you just a bit.

You squeezed the adorable toy, feeling content with every squeal-like noise that it made. You filled it with water, via the hole on the bottom, and playfully sprayed the freshly cleaned walls of the tub, giggling quietly to yourself as you did so. You watched the ducky 'swim' around as you pushed it through the water, seeing it bob up and down every time you touched it. You smiled softly at it, the toy giving you vivid and pleasant memories of your childhood. (A whole paragraph of childishness, better enjoy it.) 

A knock at the bathroom door startled you, prompting you to pull the shower curtain closed just in case someone came in. "Babe, can you hear me?" It was obviously Reaper, which made you cut your eyes and readjust your position with a sigh.

"You know, I have a name." You retorted, trying not to sound too sour with the reply. "I know." Reaper purred smoothly, making you want to strangle the skeleton, knowing you wouldn't get far. "Then why do you call me babe??" You hissed, limiting the venom in you voice.

There was a long awkward pause, the silence sort of strangling you. "Is that a complaint?" Reaper queried, sounding a tad more serious, causing you to think over your words multiple times before saying them. "...y-yeah..." You mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear, and just loud enough for you to regret it based on his next line of dialogue. 

"You want something sexier~? I mean we just met so I didn't want to be too direct, but if you—" 

"NO! Babe! Babe is fine Mr. Reaper, completely perfect!" 

"I'm just saying I read somewhere that humans love sexy nicknames~."

"No! Babe is perfect!" You squeaked, you didn't want him to give you a nickname that would make you uncomfortable, or turn your face to a tomato every time he spoke to you. Although 'babe' was a bit suggestive, you were fine with it. You ruffled your hair with your wet hands, flustered as to why you'd get so bent out of shape by a simple nickname. 

"Ok then, back to what I was here for~." Reaper cooed, making your involuntarily shudder, and you didn't know if it was because of the way he said it, or your water which was getting cold. "Crooks is making spaghetti and wants to know if you'd like any." Reaper chirped simply, making you relax and nod even though he wasn't there. "Oh!— Of course!" You replied, just as your phone hit 20 minutes, marking the end of your bath. 

"Kay babe catch you later~." Reaper said before leaving, the lack of footsteps bewildering you, but you quickly remembered that he usually floats about. You looked at the duck solemnly, your playtime coming to an end as you stood up, only to bend back over and fish the stopper out of the tub. You watched the water drain, rinsed off, and then stuffed the duck into the front pocket of your apron before drying off. 

—Time Skip—

You observed yourself in the mirror, remembering the dejected medical wraps you left on your neck for an unhealthily long time, memories from that mystical night flooding back, making you flush. You gingerly unwrapped them from around your neck, eyes immediately spotting the small bruise Horror left you with, which had healed up quite nicely. It had been a few days, and you assumed it would be gone in a short amount of time. 

You flicked up your collar to hide the bruise, which was low enough to be fully covered without making you look suspicious. Then you put the medical wraps in the garbage, and exited the bathroom. You had went to the downstairs one, and were just up the hall from the kitchen, so you made you way down and saw Reaper and Crooks chatting. You decided to be just the slightest bit nosy and hung around the corner, intent on eavesdropping and sure they'd stop if you did come around the corner.  

"—your bro coming home?" 

"HE USUALLY COMES HOME AROUND SIX O'CLOCK, BUT MOST TIMES EARLIER."

"Ah I see, like a late working job or something right?"

"..."

"Crooks?"

"OH! YES I ASSUME YOU COULD SAY THAT."

"You sure are grown bud." 

"NYEH?"

"You already said you don't remember me, so don't force yourself."

Crooks just sighed after that, and refused to talk to Reaper, even when he tried some cringey pick up lines, which only made him groan. That's when you got bored and poked you head around, catching their attention.

 "I was wondering when you'd stop hiding." Reaper said locking eyes with you for just a moment before flicking his gaze to the plate in front of him. "YES ME TOO, YOUR FOOD WAS GETTING COLD HUMAN." 

You felt your face heating up, the fact that they both knew you were there the whole time!! And didn't bother saying a thing. You ignored it and quickly shuffled over to the table, where your portion was already prepared. You sat down and silently ate, fearing anything you said would be used against you. You must've had some type of tunnel vision because you didn't notice either of the skeletons staring at you, though that probably would've creeped you out anyway.

However, your focus was broken when the door handle jiggle for the second time this afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~

thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! 

I'm going to go nap now. 

- De Moogus