Mysterious Grim Reaper

—Your POV—

Everything had calmed down... significantly. Horror and Nightmare were currently upstairs, checking all the rooms you were given the permit to clean. The other four were downstairs eating spaghetti, and steering very clear of Reaper, especially Cross, who would show hostility at the mere thought of him. Crooks however, didn't seem all too fazed, and was haphazardly sat next to Reaper, joyfully dining on his spaghetti. 

You were at the table too, currently in the process of calculating everything that just went down, occasionally shoveling forkfuls of spaghetti into your mouth, and a bit too focused to hear Reaper addressing you. As you finished your last mouthful however, you straightened up from your previous hunched over position, and pleasured your eyes by looking around at things other then the dull surface of the table. 

You jolted slightly upon meeting Reaper's pissed gaze, his eye sockets narrower than he'd previously exposed you to. "Hey babe." He growled, his vision flicking to something or someone behind you before his face relaxed, melting back into his usually smug and or nonchalant demeanor.

"M-Mr. Reaper?" You addressed, flinching under his stare but recomposing quickly. "Sup." Reaper purred, inching closer just to see you wriggle back. He chuckled darkly, his features were fond, but you could tell there was more under the surface. (Edit: Can I just say I watched encanto the day I wrote this? Yeah.)

"Is there s-something wrong?" You squeaked, shuddering when his facial expression hardened for just a moment before he shrugged it off and rolled his eyes playfully. "Dunno babe, maybe there's just something wrong with your way of perception?" He said through a dangerous smirk, and causing memories of your first encounter with him flash through your head, and a shudder through your body. 

You tore your attention away from the smirking skeletons to observe the idiots in the front room, who were either eating on their respective sofas, or checking the pile of mail on the table for them. You gasped silently, remembering the letters you'd sorted earlier and Reaper's... interference. You watched as Killer and Dust picked up the mail designated for them and return to the areas the were previously dwelling in, small hums and snickers audible. 

It wasn't too long after you felt a pair of mismatched eyes on you, and instinctively flicked your sights over to Cross, who was eyeing you up for some reason, making you feel the slightest bit uncomfortable, but you stood your ground, watching him watch you, an odd conundrum but whatever. You thought you saw a ghost of a person floating next to him for just a moment, a small person, but then they disappeared, leaving you stumped. 

He looked away when Horror and Nightmare made their grand re-entry, Horror humming a tune from a movie you haven't watched and Nightmare simply walking to the beat of it, a lazy smirk stretched across his face. 

"Hey all you goldfish, apparently, there's a new guy on our team, and I'm sure by now you've recognized him as Reaper, right?" Nightmare drawled, coming over to plop on his couch thing. You watched from the kitchen, not counting yourself as one of his goldfish but listening nonetheless. 

"Reaper, my crew. My crew, Reaper." Nightmare said, with intricate gestures to 'introduce' the two parties. Reaper got a few lazy waves and smirks, and he then gave his crowd a smug smile and a carefree wave. Nightmare nodded at the exchanges, then looked at you and did something completely unexpected. 

He gave you a thumbs up.

Your face started to heat up, all eye lights were on you, and Nightmare's one exotic gesture was still unexplained. "Ya did good." Nightmare huffed the he turned his attention away from you and to his open mail, agitation weaving through his face. "Hey... who the hell went through my mail!?" Nightmare sneered, his reaction becoming 10 times more hostile when Reaper slowly raised his hand, still smirking his signature smirk. 

"Why?" 

"Eh, I mean... revenge??" 

"For what?"

"Y'know."

Nightmare growled and skimmed through his own mail, chuckling quietly at the golden letter, and questioning the black dotted one. "Who the fuck sent me this?" He queried silently, pacing out of the front room after seeing it, brow bones furrowed in thought. You glanced around curiously, looking for any signs of the skeleton you favored most, and seeing none. 

You pressed your lips into a pout, Horror being nowhere in sight. You decided to get up from the table, leaving to your room after putting your dishes in the sink. You went slowly down the hall, seeing Horror in his room before you got to yours, peering in to see what he was doing. He was laid across his bed, face flat, stripped of his jacket and axe, which were neatly placed in their respite areas. 

"I can feel you staring at me. Just come in." Horror groaned. Blushing, you shuffled in, standing by the side of his bed to be addressed. Horror shifted his head and caught sight of you, smirking gratefully as he dragged himself upright into a sitting position. Offering you a spot next to him, which you took feeling your face get slightly hotter as your eyes uncooperatively scanned his bare bones since he was in a loose fitted tank top. 

"Hey Cupcake, long time no see." Horror joked, and you thanked the heavens he didn't make a big deal out you essentially checking him out. "Umm, you saw me this morning." You muttered with a tilt of you head, looking up at Horror's slightly stained face. Without a thought, your hand sprang out to wipe a red substance off his smooth porcelain bones, instantly retracting afterwards. You examined the substance, it was something that had mostly dried, but you were able to wipe it off with little difficulty. 

For a moment you both sat here in silence, until you started blushing profusely and Horror burst out laughing. "I-I'm so sorry!" You pleaded, with Horror still keeling over with laughter until he sat back up, a faint crimson haze littered across his cheekbones. "For you to come out and touch my face so directly, without even an explanation!" He giggled, smiling playfully at you.

"There was a little stain... I couldn't just leave it there." You mumbled, looking down towards the bad to hide your red hot face. However, Horror gently pulled up your chin to face him, giving you a quick smooch before letting you go, your face equivalently red to that of a cranberry with your hormones going haywire. "I'm glad you cared, only my brother does stuff like that." Horror said, scratching his chin and looking across the room. 

"Oh by the way I noticed you moved my trap." Horror stated, signaling towards the large metal trap that you were practically bragging at a few hours ago. "Yeah, I found it while clearing the sheets." You replied, smiling at him, recoiling when you met his expression of slight hurt. "What's wrong?" You asked, leaning a bit closer. 

"Oh it's nothing, I just kinda like that trap."

~~~~~~~~~~

Yeehaw! Another one down!!! I'm so glad I got around to these today! I thought I'd be busy all night looking for part time jobs! But y'know I wasn't. ;3

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed!! >:D more heart to heart next chapter, I'm gonna make a section of complete or mostly wholesome chapters. That sounds nice, especially after Animosity. I'm feeling better too, so maybe I'll feel a bit more creative?

- De Moogus