Talking

—Horror's POV—

I looked at my helpless trap hung up on the wall. I remember putting it under the sheets this morning just in case Killer tried to get in my bed again, because last time, it didn't end too well and we both got yelled at by Nightmare for waking him up on the rare occasion that he did sleep. I'll never forget that, and I'll never stop putting my trap on my bed just in case. 

I checked out my Cupcake, seeing they had finally taken those damned bandages off, ruining the purpose of my idea, but at least the mark is visible. It's not permanent, that's for another time, but it'll probably stick around for another day or two, it was a well placed bite with decent force. I gazed into their charming eyes, and saw the sparks of curiosity and wonder that mine likely mirrored seeing as how I too was exploring the slightly altered state of the way I lived, though theirs was definitely more drastic. 

"So, what do you think of that cloaked bastard?" I muttered subconsciously, the fondness in their eyes instantly falling into confusion and worry, while my endearing gaze hardened into disdain. 

"W-What do you mean? Reaper's not that bad..." They replied, not telling me their full opinion but the rest was somewhat clear to me. 

"I don't like him, he's cocky and means bad news." I growled, keeping my stare fixated on their now widened eyes, until they broke under the pressure of it and looked away, rapidly scanning the room to find something else to stare at. 

Then I advanced on them, backing  them onto the footboard of my bed, inching my large hands closer to their fragile ones snaking my fingers unto theirs, intertwining them. They still refused to meet my eye sockets, which disappointed me, but I kept pressing her for answers nonetheless. 

"Would you by chance, explain what was going on before me and the guys came home." I said in an emotionless tone, earning me a shiver from their warm body. 

"Well, Mr. C-Crooks let Reaper in, and he came and s-stopped me from doing my work temporarily..." 

~Meanwhile~

—Reaper's POV—

Me and Nightmare stood intently outside the door, eavesdropping on Horror's conversation with his pet for no apparent reason. Nightmare hummed quietly as he listened to them explain what I did when I first showed up, shooting me dark glares every time they mentioned something 'bad' I did. It was good to know they didn't hate me, but I only wanted their trust to tease that silly crackhead. 

And another secret reason I won't mention. 

I just stood here staring at Nightmare as my nonexistent ears picked up all the words the housekeeper said, ranging from 'smirked dangerously' to 'spit up his coffee' to 'rifled through your boss' mail' I winced at that one, catching Nightmare's death glare and nervously chuckling. Maybe going through his mail was unnecessary, but it was icing on a burnt cake so whatever right? He'd forget in a short while and eventually everyone will sweep my bad actions under the rug. 

Maybe except that Cross dude, kinda threatened his life for near no reason there, and I know how much that'll make a person hate you, probably because I've experienced it firsthand... but that's another story. For a moment me and Nightmare stared at each other, so many feelings and memories flashing through our eyes simultaneously, until he furrowed his brow bones and stomped away, just when the housekeeper's words cut short. 

Didn't mean I stopped listening. 

—Back To Horror's POV—

I was pissed. How dare that bitch lay his hands on my Cupcake!? Speaking of them, they seemed to noticed my sour expression and shrunk back from me, softly stroking my hands, making me purr and snap out of my mood. I looked back at them, and they finally looked me in my eyes again. I smirked slyly at them, snickering in triumph when I succeeded in making them blush. They really were cute, and their personality made them more interesting than most dull, depressing humans. 

They huffed, snatching their hands away from mine to rub their heated cheeks, leaving them cold and empty. I scoffed haughtily at the large shift in my sense of authority, reminding them I was the one pressing them against my bed frame by lightly pushing myself forward, making the, jolt and try to recoil with no success. 

"H-Horror-San, if you're going to do something to me, just do it... please." 

I did a double take, widening my eye sockets at the words that just came out of their mouth. 

"And what exactly would I do~?" I asked, watching her face grow redder as they likely thought of something... not so appropriate. 

"I just thought you might bite me or something, because I noticed you staring at my mark..." They whispered, an indecipherable stutter sounding from my teeth as I leaned away from them, questioning how much my bite affected them. 

"No I genuinely wanted to have a conversation with you." I said, managing a warm smile as they looked at me, now devoid of any worry. 

"Thanks... for the concern." They muttered, giving me a small hug which felt like heaven, more sentimentally then physically, but I liked it either way. They pulled away, their face burning bright enough to light up a city. 

"Ok then let's see..."

~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading

- De Moogus  

(Edit: k so like. Damn. I could totally revamp this whole thing. I can't wait to start on the second one.)