In the Bunker

—Your POV—

Horrified, you scrambled away from the window, questioning if he really saw you or not. It was the dead of night, so maybe the darkness will cover you for once...? 

Peeking back over the windowsill however, he was eerily walking towards the run down place. You could hear him faintly, chuckling to himself about food. It didn't make things better that when he was about 100 feet away, you accidentally locked eyes with him. 

He stopped abruptly, while you panicked, ripping your eyes away from his stare and hurriedly trying to scramble into the bunker. Within seconds, you dropped down messily onto the hard, sturdy wood. A pained whine came from you as you quickly slid the entrance closed, just in time to hear the door open. 

You bit down on your tongue, holding your breath and praying the skeleton didn't notice the bunker door. You'd locked it but it probably wouldn't deal well against that axe of his. 

You sat curled up on the floor, flinching and jolting at every creak the poor run down place would give because of the skeleton's weight. Silently, you crept over to a darker part of the bunker, just in case the skeleton did find the entrance you wouldn't be so noticeable. 

"Suppose there's no people in here~." 

The voice was deep and masculine, with a small rumble in it. It wasn't hoarse or raspy, but not comforting with the way he spoke. With a few more creaks and light shifting about through the floorboards, an almighty crash rang out making you squeak before quickly covering your mouth. 

Lots more crashes and thumps rang out, along with small particles of dust and debris falling through the roof of the bunker. You were now trembling, terrified of all the sudden noises as though it was thunder on a sunny day.

 Then a different voice rang out.

"H-H-Horror!! S-Stop playing around— T-the b-b-boss n-needs us to report b-b-back!!!"

The voice was glitched and sort of laggy, like a computer with bad internet. The way the other person kept stuttering and repeating some parts of words made it hard for you to understand them. 

Afterwards there was a grunt and what you assumed was a nod before more thumping rang out and the laggy person and the one they called 'Horror' left. 

You sighed, shivering slightly. That was scary and you could've died. Looking around the bunker you scanned your surroundings and noticed a couple things. Being a bunker, the space was large and rectangular, wooden shelves lining one side packed with rations. The other side had a sleeping bag and a bucket. The entrance/exit was on the far side, with a lamp and some matches on a coffee table underneath. The entrance/exit was like a trap door, drop in and close it once inside. 

You glanced at the food, it was a mix between dried fruits, proteins like fish, some potato chips, and a classic can of beans. Immediately you looked at the expiration dates on the food, none had gone bad yet and wouldn't for much longer than you anticipated being in here. 

Muttering miserably, you flopped out across the sleeping bag, letting yourself sink in. Since the pillagers were gone, wouldn't it be okay to sneak out and maybe check out the world above? You thought about it, seeing no reason not to. 

Dragging yourself up off the sleeping bag, you made your way to the trap door and slid it open, careful to dodge the large cloud of dirt and dust that fell in. "Sure is a skele-TON of debris in this old run down place." You mumbled humorously to yourself, humor quickly disappearing at the sight of a large wooden beam on top of the trap door's former position. 

You tried to move it, pushing it, shoving it, grabbing it, a part of you suggested just burning the damned wood to get it off but you feared even the smallest flame could burn out everything, even the bunker. 

Eventually, you gave up, deciding that maybe some Prince in shining armor will come save you. You crawled back over to the sleeping bag noticing a small hidden compartment you hadn't noticed before, waiting to be opened and explored. 

Filled with a sense of hope, you yanked the little drawer open, revealing a few waters on a sheet of ice. There were some other drinks you didn't care for, but you hadn't noticed how thirsty you were either.

Cheering, you pulled out a water to drink, chugging it down in a few gulps. You huffed contently, feeling temporarily full thanks to the bottle of water. You decided on sleeping for now, there wasn't anything good to do and you might be stuck here for a few days so you might as well rest up, right?

After staring at the ceiling for a few long minutes, you fell asleep, escaping into a land of slumber and odd dreams. 

~~~~~~~~

Ok little note, my word goal is 800 words per chapter. Is that good enough?

Plus I'm slow on Saturdays as a heads up. (Religious thingy)

Hope you enjoyed, next chapter shit gets real.

- De Moogus