Epic Preparation

—Your POV—

You innocently tilt your head in question and smile. Epic seems to have recovered from his small panic, smiling more effortlessly than you've seen all day. 

"What does Lust call you... like Darling or something?" Epic debates, tilting his own skull with an interest as he scans your sitting form. "Think I'll use that too, Darling." 

You look up at Epic, he goes to a small closet, pulling it open and pulling out a stack of papers. A wonder crosses your kind as to what they could be, and perhaps why he's getting them now. 

"In order to prepare your leave and get along smoothly afterwards, you'll have to help me terminate these." Epic says, beckoning you over with a happy, yet serious expression, showcasing the papers in a tantalizing manner. 

You eagerly cross the room, leaning over Epic's shoulder as he places the papers on his rather messy bed, which looks like a struggle was had on it earlier. 

You furrow your brow briefly before Epic moves aside so you can stand next to him rather than behind him, revealing the papers to be Horror's prisoner files, including mugshots, personal information, place of finding, and known aliases. 

Based off the papers, you can infer that Horror had probably been interrogated once or twice, but refused to leak anything, as in a more messy and informal handwriting, it says 'Nightmur??' but obviously not solid enough for them to confirm anything about the gang.

Speaking of the gang, you wonder how previous investigators of yourself were able to find out so easily. They just took a long stare into your eyes, (which were likely widened in fear) and then miraculously blurted something about you being with Horror and Horror being with Nightmare. Even Epic went as far as to say you love him, which wasn't completely untrue. 

"See, we need to get rid of these in order to squander any left over bits of your presence here." Epic explains, fiddling with a more flexible corner of the paper, repetitively bending it back and forth. 

"Don't wanna go around burying what you should burn." Epic says, a twinge of pain or maybe experience in his tone as his eye lights dull for a fraction of a second, before he looks back to you with a certain fondness. 

"Wanna shred em' or set em' ablaze." Epic suggests, rising to full height for a stretch, his bones clicking and rattling with the movement. 

You think for a second, also straightening from your subconsciously hunched over position on the bed. If you shred the paper, there's a chance someone could come along and find them, and shredders are typically loud. Though there's not an abundance of people stalking the halls, that could change with the right noises. 

A blaze? Well you didn't exactly like the idea per say, but it's a sure fire way to burn evidence, but where are you going to get it lit? Or better yet, how are you going to heat things up? You don't think Epic would say something like that if he wasn't prepared to execute it, so you let the questions drop. 

Looks like you'll be cooking tonight. 

"Let's just burn them so they're not buried." You conclude, deciding to heed the small warning from earlier and going with the option of burning the papers.

"Was hoping you'd say that." Epic utters, a solemn smile coming to his face as he gathers the stack in his arms and heads to the door, with you immediately behind him.

He steps out, holding up a hand to you as a signal for you to stop. 

"You've already decided on what to do, and it's rather risky to have you out and about... please stay, Darling." Epic coos in a tone you haven't heard before, and are somewhat unable to deny. 

"Good." Epic smiles more softly, tapping your cheek before disappearing, likely reappearing in a more convenient room as you shut the door and glance around. 

You decide it wouldn't be a felony to plop on his bed, and so you do, sinking in a little on the mattress that's fairly plush and luxurious in comparison to what you slept on back at Nightmare Mansion. 

You feel a shred of envy slip into your heart as your hands find their way across the bed, your mind tracing back to why it could be so unkempt and wild looking. 

You're just about to reach the rather plump but also wrinkled pillow when your hand comes across a wet spot, retracting in an instant as you leap from the bed and return to your small chair in the corner, no longer wanting to know about Epic's personal dwelling. 

A small shudder escapes you, eyelids fluttering closed for a moment before you flick them back open, making a mental note to grab more coffee on your way out of here. 

Being tired on the job wasn't beneficial or practical, but right now you were pretty much running off of tolerance, traces of distant excitement, and expectation. You've never stayed up for more than 48 hours at a time, but you feel like you might break that record in the very close future. 

You bring your knees to your chest, toes hanging off the edge of the seat as you sigh out of boredom. You didn't plan on snoozing, but if nothing aroused your senses for too long, you fear you'd fall asleep right here in the chair. 

Staring at the floor, you rapidly blink away tiredness, an exasperated groan escaping you while you fight for your own consciousness, contemplating getting up to maybe just walk in circles to keep your energy flowing. 

Just when the sleepiness is coming down on you at a crushing weight, and all feels more than just a little lost to the powerful promise of a nap, three sharp knocks ring out on the door, shocking you out of whatever slumber you were attempting to have and bring your attention to the door, where a muffled tone comes through.  

"Guess who!" 

It's Horror's voice. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Yaaay glad I got this out before 12:00 am! Though I'm sure I'm a tad too late... been very excited for the reunion, even if The Who breakout process was extremely cheesy. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus