Horrific Reunion

—Your POV—

Adrenaline. 

That's how you describe it. A high so high you can't come down until your life is so boring that even blinking could add some kind of depth to it. So high up in the excitement coursing through your veins, your body practically drops your stomach like a sandbag. 

You think you're experiencing an adrenaline overload. 

Yet, with all this new, hyperactive energy, you can't bring yourself to move. It's odd, all you can do is think about rushing to the door, undoing the lock, and flinging yourself onto the first skeleton you see, but not do it. 

You twitch, flinch, shudder, tremble, bite your tongue and clench your fists until your knuckles turn white, but alas, nothing is happening, you can't move. 

The gaggle behind the door goes silent, save for a few questioning mutters and shifting of feet. You catch little pieces with your hypersensitive ears, such as a '...right door...?', '...be more excited...?', and '...keys...'. 

It makes you want to move, you really want to, but you can't, for some stupid reason you can't bring yourself to lunge for the door, and you don't even know why. You suck in a sharp breathe, breaking out in a cold sweat as your heart beats a mile a minute and your mind races just as fast. 

Perhaps it would be smart to—

"EPIC OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR RIGHT THIS GODDAMN SECOND!" 

Oh that's enough for your body to lurch forward off the chair and undo the lock so fast you hear the whir of the lock, then proceed to throw open the door so fast you're actually met by a stunned face in front of your crazed one, and throw yourself onto a random skeleton— unfortunately happening to be Fresh. 

"Woah broski, watch the digs!" He snaps, not sounding as upbeat as usual. Something must've went down while you and Epic were lallygagging and discussing burnt paper. However, that doesn't stop you from pulling away even faster than you open the door, the question on your mind flying out of your mouth faster than expected. 

"Where is Horror." It comes out of you as a hiss, maybe a rasp, you can't talk right. You wanted to be excited, but now it's beginning to backfire, if you're not rewarded soon, you fear that you might lose your mind and succumb to another mental breakdown. 

"Right here, Cupcake." 

To Fresh's left, stands a rather formal looking skeleton. He wears a yellow-tinted shirt, with dark brown overalls and black boots that go up to his mid-calf. Black gloves cover the sharp phalanges normally known to pierce flesh, (or just that one annoying-ass toilet paper package) as well  as a wide beige sun hat with a single gray ribbon cloaking a scar identified as that of a gruesome marking, separating the bad from the worst. 

Horror stands straight for once, posture perfect as a tremor goes through him every second or two, he's excited too, but maybe he's just had an overdose of whatever Epic prescribed him. 

Nonetheless, you run, Fresh and his 'digs' long forgotten as you run over and affectionately throw your arms around the newly dressed skeleton, who mirrors the action with no delay. 

"Cupcake."

"Horror."

It stays as this for a few minutes, Horror smells your hair and you smell the lavender scented shirt he sports, time moving slow as the others ogle at the scene with a preserved interest.

Well, it was good while it lasted, but something will ruin anything. 

Epic spawns in, landing mere inches away, which startles you and causes you to jump, throwing Horror off balance and sending the two of you crashing to the wall, where you're luckily caught before impact. 

"Fucking watch it you idiot." Horror growls, hostility fresh in his sockets, which you now notice are adorned with bright toxic green contacts. They did good with the disguise, only body shape differentiated Horror now, and with all the look-a-likes scampering around, you're sure someone very nosy would have to come along for you two to get discovered. 

"C'mon everybody let's go inside. You guys can't be calm for two minutes." Lust sighs, irritation lining his tone as well as he saunters in, plopping on the bed to which Epic accompanies him.  

Papyrus stands against the walls, as does Fresh, and Horror sits you next to him with a chair or two. Epic is the center of attention, all eyes and eye sockets are on him and full of expectations you're not familiar with. 

"How's it feel to have an entire team helping you and your mate escape, huh Horror?" Epic purrs, taking on a tone more akin to Lust as Horror visibly recoils. 

"I just wish I didn't have to wear such stupid clothes." He grumbles, earning a few chuckles from the listening 'crowd'. 

"Yeah... I don't think anybody would wanna wear that." Epic snorts, earning another warning growl from Horror, and you take his hand and give it a small squeeze. 

He looks to you, than your hand, then Epic, and smiles in a strange way that disgusts Epic, because he mutters something incoherent and scoots away. 

"C'mon! Enough fricking foreplay! What the hell are we supposed to be doing!" Lust barks, prompting a few scowls for his obscene choice of words, but receives an adequate response. 

"Well, we prepare. Showering, sleeping, eating, packing, you name it." Epic lists unenthusiastically. "Especially our friendly little prisoner here. We need to make sure everything is ok and he won't pass out due to something stupid like sunlight exposure." 

You Horror hums, solemnly, and Papyrus shares a glance with Fresh. These last steps are the steps in which will save the masses, and now that you're reunited with Horror, perhaps contacting Nightmare would be possible. 

You glance around, mind gears churning as you overhear small bits of bickering and trash talk being flung about. Not directed towards anyone in the room particularly, but just in the air. 

Maybe you could talk to Horror privately, suggest and escape route and use it. You knew Nightmare didn't want anyone knowing about his gang or it's members, so there was no way you were going to talk about it out loud in front of a group of high-ranking officials under Core's command. 

But, as said high-ranking officials prepare the next phase of your plan, you only grow more anxious. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Show of hands for whoever knew that Horror's new outfit was something I took from a really, really old ship child for the whole HorrorFarm thing. (✋✋✋) (Personally I call it CornMaze or HauntedMaze or BloodCarrot or BloodCabbage or something but it seems this ship just lacks a decent name so here you are. 

Thanks for reading! Sincerely hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus