Saved!

—Your POV—

CRACK!

At that moment, 4 different things happened. 

One, the roof of the bunker caved a few feet in front of you, sending dust and debris flying everywhere. Two, an odd looking person fell through the hole. Three, you let out an earsplitting scream. Four, someone yelled off in the distance. 

Upon seeing the stranger in your domain, you grabbed the item nearest to you (being a bag of perfectly good popato chisps) and chucked it at them, earning a pained grunt from the figure.

You ceased fire as they sat up, terror slowing overtaking your body and movement. They rubbed the back of their... skull? As they muttered some ouches and oofs. You however took this time to scan the strange person, figuring that it was a skeleton, dressed in a sleeveless gray shirt, with a white one underneath. He also wore dark blue pants, and blue boots similar to the color of his... cape? Bandana? Scarf? And... pauldrons with a blue trim. 

"AH, H-HUMAN! DO NOT FEAR! ow— FOR I AM HERE TO HELP!" He said, not to sound hurt but he obviously was.

 Cautiously, not fearing he'd hurt you, but fearing you'd hurt him. You crept over, placing a soft hand on his cheekbone, smoothly sliding your thumb across his face. A small 'woah' coming from you as you saw his large, cyan eye lights lock with yours. 

You weren't completely isolated from monsters anymore, but seeing this one was just... fascinating for some reason. Maybe it was the way his innocent eyes glowed, or the pretty blue hue that settled on his cheeks at your kind touch. But who knows? 

"H-hi, I didn't m-mean to throw stuff at you...sorry." Your voice was a little rough, you'd no one to talk to for the last few days and the only sounds you made were either you giggling at a book or choking on a chisp. 

The skeleton's expression softened he leaned into your touch slightly and quickly scanned your sitting form in front of his. He smiled a bit, though it didn't reach his eyes. 

"Human, are you h-hurt?" He asked, his voice was small now, like an adult speaking softly to a weeping child. You shook your head, a couple days ago you think you sprained your ankle but it healed quickly in the span of 3 days. 

He shuffled, reluctantly leaning off your hand and standing up slowly, wincing at something you didn't know was hurting him. You too got up, and glanced expectantly at the skeleton, ready for him to lead the way to safety. 

—Blue's POV—

I looked at the human, I couldn't believe it I really couldn't! I found the lost life form! While all my instincts were telling me to scream, party, and make celebratory tacos, I had to ignore them while I was working. 

"OK HUMAN I'M GOING TO TAKE YOU TO SAFETY." I said proudly, but wincing at the pain shooting through my legs and spine. The fall hadn't left me unscathed, but I wasn't hurt too bad. I glanced at the human, estimating their weight, they looked like they  weighed... at least a hundred twenty pounds? That wasn't too bad, I could lift them, I'd just be a little weakened from that fall. 

Without asking, I hoisted them up onto my shoulder, receiving a lot of shouts in protest, but when I questioned their safety without me they went silent. I huffed inaudibly, gathering the magic and will to teleport back the where we started so I could contact Dream and Ink. 

"CLOSE YOUR EYES PLEASE HUMAN!"

And with a crackle of magic, we were back in the starting area. I put the human down, chuckling as they stumbled awkwardly across the ground. I whipped out my walkie-talkie, now that we were in a spot with decent connection, I could contact my comrades freely. 

"Hello? This is Lieutenant Dream speaking." I giggled at the military act.

"AH YES, I'VE FOUND THE LIFE FORM SIR."

"Really Blue, are you sure." The doubt in his tone made me feel absolutely horrible.

"YES DREAM!" I cried, feeling a rising frustration that I quickly quelled.

"O-ok Blue tell me where you are please." He said it as though trying to soothe me, like my frustration scared him.

"I'm at the starting area." I said quietly, trying to hide any apparent hints of anger or frustration.

The line cut off, and I turned to face the human who now stood pleasantly by my side, they had backed away during my conversation with Dream but I'm sure they heard everything I said. 

A soft sparkle of magic caught my eye and I turned just in time to see Dream step out of a portal and promptly close it. Immediately, the human squeezed in behind me, possibly scared of Dream. He frowned at this, slowly making his way over with raised hands, trying to look harmless. 

"Blue, you did a great job." Dream said softly, giving one of those soft genuine smiles I've been yearning for ever since my little 'fallout' a few weeks ago. I smiled back, bright and happy. Then I turned to the human, who I just now realized was an inch or so taller than me. 

"HUMAN! YOU DO NOT NEED TO FEAR! DREAM IS MY FRIEND SO PLEASE DO NOT BE AFRAID!" I said kindly, the human nodded and looked up at Dream who smiled at them in an endearing way. I smiled too, feeling content with myself for finally restoring my honor as a star sans, I didn't want them to recruit that Comet guy instead of me, no way. 

So... maybe things will be back to normal now?

~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah! I may not post two today bc I have to shower now. I'll try tho. 

Drop a vote maybe? We nearly hit 1000 words.

Hope you enjoyed thanks for reading, and don't worry Horror will come snatch you from the tiny hand of the Star Sanses in a few chapters. êwê trust meh.

- De Moogus