Almost there

—Your POV—

Well, long story short, Lust was doing his best to keep his hands off you, and you respected that. 

He was done talking now, turned away from you to focus on any potential hinderances to your plan. You couldn't help but still stay the extra three or four feet behind him though, and you didn't know if that was helping or hurting the current situation. 

You did feel a little guilty, no one ever really complimented your general appearance, or even flirted with you, but you never cared. But, on the other hand, you never expected to be unceremoniously thrown into an unfamiliar world, full of monster and over powered humans with super abilities and crazy strength. 

You didn't even expect to survive after you hid in the bunker, but you were alive now, alive and with a mission. Besides, it's not like any of that was particularly bad, or inconvenient. It was nice to have people caring for you, giving compliments and actually paying attention to you. 

So maybe it wasn't all bad, you concluded as you scampered around a wall to row 121-135. You were getting a bit tired of this practical hide and seek, but it was better than being caught by some rude and/or edgy skeleton who had your worst interest at heart.

Speaking of skeletons, one that was not Lust came into view as you rounded the corner. Lust let out a squeak of surprise and immediately backed up around the corner, but not without being noticed. 

"Lust...? What's the dealio here huh?" He said footsteps echoing as he came down the row to the end, likely to inspect the situation. 

Lust reacted by shoving you back into row 106-120. A quick, light push backwards with enough force to be effective, but not for you to be caught off guard and make any potential noises. 

The skeleton that came around the corner to check on Lust was the same one with the black hoodie thing. You had no idea what the article of clothing was, but it looked cool so why question it. It was probably multiple clothings if not a custom design, but you didn't plan on asking so there was no point in getting excited.

"H-hey Epic, didn't see you there, you kinda gave me a shock." Lust stuttered, his voice not as smooth as it normally was, and his posture was stiff and awkward too. 'Epic' looked him over, luckily not spotting you spying on him from around the corner and too focused on the odd behavior of his coworker. 

"I dunno bruh, you look a little pale there." Epic said in a near teasing tone, the suspicion evaporating as he poked Lust on the nose, a gesture that could be interpreted in much too many ways. 

"Only because it was you who appeared." Lust purred, the mischief back in an instant, along with the sly and promiscuous behavior. Epic seemed to be deterred by the shift in action, taking a noticeable step back as the corners of his teeth dropped in the slightest.

Lust advanced, the discomfort now visible in Epic's face as you held in a snort. The tables have turned, Epic's next line of dialogue more than confirmed that. 

"Alrighty then...! If you're good over here I'll go patrol over on the other side of the prison with Shortfell! Bye!" And with a plume of magic, Epic was gone, and Lust's body relaxed entirely. He let out a deep sigh and looked over his shoulder at you, who was doing their best not to replay the previous events in their head and start giggling. 

"Notice that guy didn't slander me." Lust said plainly, straightening up and continuing around the corner. You considered that small detail as you paced after him, trying to copy his short, swift strides that he called speed walking. 

"Gotta remember all the guards here have the staff code..." Lust sighed, glancing at his wrist, seemingly for no reason. "I remember the painful moments before Core recited it to us, but I swear I passed out before they got past the 3rd number." Lust murmured, a weird half chuckle at the end that sounded more sad than joyful. 

"Wait what?" You let the informal sentence slip out your mouth without giving it any real thought, the realization only hitting you as Lust made a reply. "Yeah, the whole injection thing kind of makes my magic spike and be out of synch pretty much all the time, so when I came in the system treated me like a prisoner using magic." Lust explained, glancing back at you before peeking around more walls, waving to a random mutt before keeping the movement going. 

"But how does the system treat prisoners?" You queried, innocence lacing your tone as Lust made a strange whining noise. "T-The system gives a high voltage shock, which usually knocks them out cold the first time, but I'm a skeleton so I got shock like 4 times... I remember everyone laughing at me because I can't control my magic like them." Lust continued, a small feeling of empathy growing in your chest.

Lust had problems, that was much that clear to you, but you guessed you were merely scratching the surface. You didn't want to pry, so for most of the time, you were silent, more fond of observing rather than communicating.

You just watched, staying light on your feet as you and Lust rounded corners, dodged patrollers, counted cells, and even shushed a few nosy inmates. By now you were at cell 170, leaned over and cooing at a cute little prisoner who wouldn't shut up about race cars. 

Lust had informed you this bunch was particularly noisy, and if no one shut them up then arguments usually broke out. The one you were 'hushing' looked human-ish, pale white skin and an unsettlingly wide mouth. The eyes were crazed, looking in different directions while he rambled endlessly, body shaking wildly as he fell forward onto his hands and knees, every word sounding more and more exasperated than the last. 

He continued talking until he just stopped, falling flat on his face onto the hard ground of the cell and staying like that, the tremors becoming weaker too. You just stared at the anomaly before pulling away, thoroughly disturbed for the evening. 

Lust looked at you and giggled, coming over and giving you a back hug, making another one of those peculiar noises as his grip around your midsection tightened, giving you another little squeeze. 

You assumed it was worth it, nothing too intimate and it was ok, but being in such close proximity did make you feel a little uncomfortable. Lust did let go after some time, waltzing energetically to the end of the row, rounding a corner and beckoning you with him, to which you followed without a second thought. 

Things went smoothly luckily enough, you made it to Horror's row with little to no problems, and of course that's where everything went downhill. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Arf arf. I'm upset today lol. Missed a best friend's birthday party because of fucking family shit. My parents being petty about how if I really cared about my friends then I'd just buy a car myself, with the major lack of funds I have. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus 

(P.S on a side note, finally got my invite to ao3 and pounced on it. Currently writing a short story to get the hang of the website, check it out if you want to.)