Jerks

—Your POV—

It was 10:36AM, the time where just about all the skeletons are awake and making a ruckus downstairs. You huffed, stiffly sitting up from your bed before stretching, feeling much more pleasant afterwards. You slipped out of you old clothing and threw them in the trash, the were tattered, ripped, stained, and just non-fashionable anymore. 

You slipped on the house cleaning outfit, that came in with clean undergarments. Your closet was stocked with them so you'd be like one of those cartoon characters wearing the same thing everyday. You giggled at the thought, coming out your room and overlooked the first floor from the loft, easily spotting Error looking through cabinets, Killer and Dust chatting, and Horror peacefully sleeping in the couch. 

You didn't see Cross or Nightmare, slightly to your relief. You didn't like Nightmare all that much, he just slunk around being mean and intimidating. And he does it so carelessly! Like if he gave you a heart attack he'd just laugh it off with no shame or anything.

You scowled and silently cursed him under your breath, receiving a firm pat on the back that made you literally jolt so hard you almost fell from the loft.

"What'd I do to be on your bad side pet." You knew it was Nightmare. The way his voice just oozed mischief and evil intent, it made you shudder, you couldn't think straight with all the fear clouding your mind.

"Don't you know how to address you Boss's Boss? Turn around and greet me properly." 

Immediately, you whipped around and bowed low enough to kiss Nightmare's slimy slippers. You figured you'd have to get used to this, Horror wouldn't always protect you and after last night, he didn't seem to be on your side anyway. You had to stop yourself from trembling though, you'll be around these spooky scary skeletons for a while you assumed. 

And luckily if you acted like a real maid they wouldn't kill you... Right? What if they wanted more than you could give? What if they killed you anyway? What if Horror got bored of you? What if someone blamed you and got you killed? What if Crooks was worse than Nightmare? What if they bullied you a lot? What if Horror really wasn't on your side? 

What if he—

"What the fuck are you doing?" The voice was deep and nonchalant, like an edgy teen or bored young adult. You shot up to your feet, only to bow on a sort of 90 degree angle to none other than Cross. He was indeed taller than you, and was looking at you with pure disdain, not making your job any easier apparently.

"H-Hello M-Mr. Cross...?" It came out like a question, you swore you had the names down already, as all the skeletons were pretty easy to tell apart. 

Grumbling impatiently, Cross curtly shoved you into a wall, a small 'oof' sounding from you as he stomped down the stairs and into the open kitchen. You moved to the landing getting a better view of the kitchen as you observed the walking talking corpses. 

Everything was peaceful, until of course, Error screamed. 

"WHICH ONE OF YOU ASSHOLES ATE MY FUCKING RAMEN!!?" 

Everyone froze, except Nightmare who shot you a knowing glance, and Horror who dramatically flipped off the couch and also looked at you. That was the first time you'd ever heard Error say anything that wasn't all glitched out and crazy. 

Silently, you prayed that one of the others did stuff like this often and Error wouldn't just blame it on you. Seconds later, your prayers were answered and Killer whispered something to Dust that made him giggle, making him Error's next target. 

Error marched over and grabbed him by the collar, suspending him in midair. 

"YOU DID IT DIDN'T YOU? YOU FUCKING BITCH!" You watched in Horror as Error just started hitting Dust repeatedly, this continued with no one doing anything until Nightmare stepped in and used an odd appendage sprouting from his back to lift Error off of Dust, effortlessly holding him though Error was still thrashing and screaming. 

Dust quickly recovered, wiping some blood (tf?) from his face and chuckling. 

"I knew you'd come save me Mama Noot Noot!" Dust beamed, confusing you. Nightmare rolled his eyes, and then turned in your direction towards the staircase. You saw his expression full of smugness as he held the limp Error who was violently glitching like you've never seen before. 

"Ya' owe me one for this ok?" Nightmare mumbled as he passed you, lightly brushing against you to show he noticed you. And plus there was disgusting slime on your clothing. Just when you thought about cleaning it, the stuff evaporated, making you more confused.

You plopped on the couch Horror was sleeping on, feeling safest where he was, since everyone else was odd around you. 

Horror had recovered from his big flip, now sat in the kitchen, dining on something you couldn't see. He turned to wink at you though, and made his way over a few moments later. He sat down, and you flinched away from him, sure he was kind of your caretaker, but whilst everyone else looked scary and menacing, and somewhat acted like it, he was scary, menacing, and he hurt you. 

He sighed, scooting over to corner you while forcing your chin up with his left hand. You whined in protest, gaining attention from the other three skeletons, making you quickly shut up. Killer and Dust watched, while Cross ignored you and sat on his couch. 

"Hold still Cupcake~." Horror cooed, making you stop and look deeply into his eye sockets. He was looking down at your neck, a small crimson hue spread across his cheekbones. You reluctantly at still, waiting about a minute for Horror to pull away, sitting back on his side of the couch. 

He handed you a sandwich, which you took gratefully, uttering a 'thanks' before you began eating. Paying no heed to the flushed Error who came and flopped on his sofa before getting on his phone. Or the smirking Nightmare who sat on his sofa. 

All was well and everything was quiet. Until someone started wringing the doorbell.

~~~~~~~~~~

Does this count as a double update? I mean it's technically past 12 soooo...

Nvm. Give a ⭐️! Please! The only reason I'm asking is because I want to reach my little goal for this book! Thanks! :D Hope you enjoyed!

sTaY cOoL dUrInG gLoBaL wArMiNg.

- De Moogus