Food

—Your POV—

You ran, far, far away from the alley, the uncontrollable feeling of panic rising in you as you sped around a corner, flinching at every gaze that was cast in your very direction. It was unsafe here, and you knew that, your vision trained on each and every alley you flew past, scanning for any suspicious figures in the darkness. 

Was it worth it? Nicotine? Horror? You once against questioned your own morals, wondering about your time limit as well, the end of this week huh? You couldn't even dare enter a public area, because of the fear you may get caught. However, your body was slowing down and you were practically starving, having not eaten anything except a nibble of a cookie from the lounge earlier, which obviously wasn't enough to sustain you until now. 

Panting and out of breath, you dragged yourself into a small cafe place, figuring you'd grab a quick snack and then be back on the run, until of course you saw the no human currency sign on the window and moved on. Next you sauntered off down the block, seeing another restaurant to perhaps dine in.

When you saw no explicit signs on the front to ward you off, you went in, immediately seeing lots of monsters abstractly scattered across the seating areas, and seeing little to no human company. You kind of got cold feet, pausing upon entry as the bells overhead alerted everyone of your entry, and caused many to stare at you, causing the familiar discomfort you'd felt oh so many times already. 

You rigidly shuffled over to a booth and sat down, blocking most people's view of you, and calmly relaxed, letting yourself sink into the cushions. You closed your eyes, feeling peacefully accommodated to the environment, accepting the atmosphere and vibe of the people and building itself, at least until someone broke you out of your trance. 

"Excuse me dearie, would you like to order something?" 

You jolted, vision instantly taking in that of a purple spider lady, 6 useful looking arms and two legs, equipped with roller skates upon the feet. She wore a purple button up with an apron, matching purple pants and red hair bows and a pair of glasses as well. She looked nice, and was clearly scanning you as you were doing to her.

"Umm... A-are there any menus?" You muttered, feeling small being scrunched into the corner of your booth while she stood in front of you, two hands keeping her balanced, two holding a pen and notepad, and the others cleaning a small glass cup, her apron possessing pockets in which she likely stored anything else. 

"Sorry dear, but there are no menus, however, I just purchased a display up front if you want to see." She suggested, waving you along as you were doomed to stiffly walk past the uncountable number of eyes lingering on you as you went to see the showing of delicious items for sale.

Spider Cider, Spider Donuts, Spider Cakes, Spider Surprise... etc. 

That's all you saw that was available at the moment, your hand going to fondle about in you pockets for any spare cash. You went ahead and sat in one of the bar stools, two seats away from a man in an orange hoodie, who looked oddly familiar. 

You spun a little bit while you felt for any change, remembering how you'd left most of you money at the mansion. You still looked like a rag-tag maid, a slightly messy and a tad of dirt on you from earlier but you didn't really care as long as no one could recognize you. 

"Umm I-I'll take a spider cider and a spider donut...?" You ordered, but it sounded like a question again. Muffet took your order and gave you a bill, your total amassing to $6.40, which you quickly jumped to searching for within your dress pouch. By the end of your search though, you only had 5 dollars, and were considering dropping the cider. 

Just when you were about to call Muffet over to edit the order, a random 2 bucks came sliding down from your left, baffling you. It was only the hooded person over there, would they really do you such a kindness? Although, upon further inspection, the hooded person was the same lanky skeleton from earlier, now winking at you and mouthing a 'stay outta trouble' before disappearing. 

You looked at Muffet, who was watching as she rolled over to you, and asked if you were ready to pay. "Oh yeah... you can keep the change..." You mumbled, still confused as to the skeleton's actions. Muffet nodded nonetheless, rolling into the back to go grab your items while you greedily bounced up and down, eagerly awaiting you provisions. 

When Muffet came back, you joyfully ate the cuisine, feeling content with your fill before you left, little did you know you were indeed being hunted, completely for reasons completely different from bounty. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Oof... Short chapter today. Oh well? I mean, today someone called me a simp for taking interest to a guy who practically begs for attention with his hair over both eyes. (But actually, he's kinda cute, I'm not a simp tho)

Ok, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!! Fufufu I need to sleep...

- De Moogus