Kill the Cows 2

Hello I believe it's time to write again! Shout out to the wonderful Crystal_Cat424 and gasmaryknockwhat000 for the idea of today's chapter, because I probably wouldn't be writing it without their amazing ideas. <3 Without further ado, here are the warnings for the chapter: Guns, animal death (completely humane this time...), blood, somewhat gore, and yeah...

~~~~~~~~~~

Horror stared out the window, gaze hollowed out by regret. His brother was up and over the horizon. He was far, far away. 

Farm stood by his side, deep in thought, analyzing the rising sun as it cast a shimmering glint on the windows. Horror didn't know why he stayed as still as he did, but didn't dare question it either. 

"Welp," Farm huffed, pushing off the windowsill as he clapped Horror on the back. "Today's going to be one heck of a birthday." 

Horror turned what would've been a sigh into a yawn. He didn't want to convey his discontent with Farm, for the sake of his own dignity. 

Farm wasn't the first person he'd want to be trapped in the middle of nowhere with. Out on an estate, with nobody around, not even people he didn't trust. Nope. Just him, and Farm, on one giant property with no one around for miles. 

It sent shivers down his spine. At Farm's mercy, on Farm's property, currently under Farm's technical 'jurisdiction'. (Whatever the hell that meant) He just had to pray Farm didn't do anything out of character. 

"You sure seem a bit slow today." Farm hummed, suddenly close to Horror's ear as the latter gave a small jolt, yanked from his thoughts. "Did you sleep well?" 

"Y-yeah..." Horror uttered, slipping away from Farm, who followed him closely with his eyes. "I'm just... thinking." 

Farm hummed, seemingly confirming something in his head as Horror was now the hypersensitive one, watching Farm's every move as the skeleton swept out the room. 

"Aren't you coming?" Farm called, poking his head around the corner as Horror thoroughly tore himself from his thoughts. 

Horror shuffled across the room to catch up, walking maybe a foot or so behind Farm for safety reasons he wasn't even too sure about. He could've just been being paranoid, but it didn't feel that way. He was apprehensive for the first time in a while. 

"So why are you so clammy now?" Farm asked, walking in swift steps in front of Horror, leading the way. "You were really talkative back with Crooks in the room." 

Horror missed a step. Farm was listening? 

Why had he been eavesdropping anyways? What was up with that? 

Apprehension slowly churned into aggression, and Horror stowed the detail in the back of his skull before the silence stretched out for too long. He stayed on his toes, at least for now. 

"That's because Crooks is my brother...?" Horror snapped near matter-of-factly. He did his best not to make it sound offensive or sharp, but the damage had already been done. 

Farm just nodded, dropping the subject. Horror didn't know if his previous curiosity had been deterred by Horror's tone, or if he was actually satisfied with the answer. 

"Well alright, we're headed to the slaughterhouse." Farm declared obviously, retrieving his coat from a random room before casting a glance at Horror. 

"Wear this." He then demanded, tossing a windbreaker Horror's way. "Should keep the chills from getting to you." 

Horror tried not to dwell on the finality of Farm's tone, submissively pulling on the light jacket as Farm bushed past him, heading for the front door. Was he in a mood now? Did Horror say the wrong thing?