Shopping Spree

—Your POV—

For once, you get to skip along the hallway on your own. 

Not exactly by yourself, but at least no one is grabbing your wrist and forcing you to do whatever crazy movement they're doing to keep up. Papyrus walks contently by your side, his long strides matching your small steps in pace while Epic stays briskly ahead, his every step full of purpose and meaning.

It's a quick and quiet little travel from the intersection of hallways to what looks like more discreet room, where Epic scans his authorization card, mutters something to the sensor, and then you all enter. 

It's a large, primarily white room on the inside, full of counters galore with assorted bottles and containers littered about, as thought it was messily put away with little consideration. 

You glance around a little more, and see that it's a medical laboratory, probably where they manufacture and create the sedatives and other medicines used on the prisoners. 

"You can stop ogling everything, the scientists are out with Core today." Epic assures you, and you immediately snap your attention to the skeletons, who are already half way across the room examining your awestruck form. 

You rush over and see Epic standing on his tippy toes to grab something out of a higher cabinet, completely ignoring Papyrus who could've grabbed it effortlessly. It's a rather laughable sight, but you don't dare say a word for the sake of your mission. 

"Paps... a little help please." Epic finally says, concluding that he indeed is too short to reach whatever he was at this point swiping for. 

"Yes, but which one?" Papyrus asks innocently, seeming happy with the fact that he has been requested of. Epic simply lazily pointed at his desired medication and Papyrus took it down and handed it to him in a matter of seconds. 

"Thanks... these will help eliminate any lingering particles of the sedatives used on Horror." Epic murmurs, scanning the label and reading all over the bottle before triumphantly pressing something with his phalange, though you didn't care to see all that much. 

"I'll go get the supplements too." Epic chirps, power walking to another section of cabinets that isn't too far above his head. 

Epic crouched down and pulled out a little carton with a pink label on it. He mumbles many incoherent comments on the product as he spins it in his hands, taking in every single angle. 

"Alrighty, that should be the last thing we need from here, I have the axe, meds, the skeleton in question, a plan, and what else could possibly be required...?" Epic thinks aloud, you and Papyrus share a glance before Epic springs up from his crouched position, beckoning you two along as he heads for the door. 

"If you three are going to re-enter public grounds, you can't go looking like three of the most wanted criminals right?" Epic hums, catching you off guard when you hear 'three'.

"Three people? Isn't it just me and Horror?" You jump to attack the subject in an instant, and Epic chuckles genuinely. 

"Lust says he's coming too. Only been here 2 years and he says he already hates it, every chance he gets he's back at his bar, scheming and making it known that he despises Core." Epic informs you, and well you definitely feel something pass through your system at the newly acquired information. 

"Since it's likely he'll pick his own clothes, I'll pick Horror's and you pick your own." Epic instructs you, leading you and Papyrus into a room full of assorted clothings. 

It's not too much to be dedicated to the clothes, probably a massive lost and found that's been accumulating for a while, but it's enough to make you raise your eyebrows at the neatly folded and separated (likely clean) garments all across a row of five or six tables. 

"Make sure anything you pick is your size, everything here is clean, and feel free to choose whatever you want, I don't care and nor does anyone else." And with that, Epic leaves you to it, letting you meander about eyeing clothes and prodding them, childishly snooping around like a kid would.

A cream colored jacket catches your eye, maid clothes long forgotten as you examine the casual business wear you're currently sporting, perhaps it is time for another change. 

You take the jacket, seeing that it'll fit and making sure it has a hood. You have no idea how old these are, so you decide on being safe about what attire you choose for sure.

A more leisurely pair of grey sweatpants also grabbing your attention when you approach it, the way the fabric blends is odd, but you note that it's part of the design. 

You pick it up, the tag indicates that the the pants will look a little large on you due to their size, but a little extra room never hurt anyone, and you'll know that later when you put them on for real. 

You look at your choices, good picks in your opinion, but you feel like you should grab an extra set or two since you couldn't wear the same thing for weeks on end, and based off your prior knowledge you can tell that Nightmare doesn't have any clothes for you and won't be taking you shopping any time soon. 

Gingerly, you place the first set on an empty table to the side and continue sifting through the various finery until you find another diamond in the rough, taking a black and white vest of a plaided argyle design, as well as a fancy white undershirt to go with it. 

As for the bottoms, you select a pair of jeans with a sort of washed out grayish blue color, placing them beneath the vest and undershirt to be worn later. 

For the final set, a lounge-worthy T-shirt of a purple color bearing the words 'Five more minutes', and ominous indigo bottoms decorated with little skulls. 

All of that and the clothes you're wearing now are your new wardrobe, you guess, starting back towards Epic and Papyrus to find them energetically chattering about the many clothes Papyrus is holding and what Epic is deciding on. 

It's a short discussion about your chosen items and what you think Horror would like, Papyrus ranting about how almost none of the clothing options are great enough to even fit him, and how the only ones that do aren't just enough to be upon his magnificent bones. 

You don't change just yet, to preserve the quality of the clothing and keep the business wear just in case something gets a bit unruly, and Epic produces a backpack from the middle of nowhere to store the excess, and you now wear it on your back. 

Papyrus is sent with the medications to notify the other group, leaving you and Epic to plot the rest of this masterful plan. 

For the foreseeable future, things will be going smoothly. 

~~~~~~~~~~

[Redacted.]

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! (Rlly do) 

- De Moogus