Epically Fresh

—Your POV—

Nervousness was just about the only thing on your mind. 

You'd already broken out in a cold sweat, and your palms were damp too. It was uncomfortable, not seeing Lust acting all naturally promiscuous kind of put the full weight of Epic's stare on you, though he didn't look angry with you, just serious. 

It was difficult to think of anything without giving yourself away, and it was terrifying to imagine you could be captured by Core or dissected by Nightmare, but that was if you said the wrong thing. Maybe, just maybe if you didn't let your feelings block out your goal, escaping alive was on the table. 

"Chop Chop little human, don't wanna get my assistant in here." Epic tuts, looking at his phalanges like one of those prissy girls with long nails. He then sighs, clicking the bell on the desk a few times before Lust grumbles something and Epic stops, gaze now fixated on the grumpy skeleton next to you. 

"On second thought, me and Lust need a room. I'm sure you'll like my friend quite a lot." Epic purrs, something unfamiliar in his face as he clicks the button on his table, snapping his fingers and appearing in front of Lust, who jumps and hisses at him. 

"To what do I owe th—" 

Epic touches Lust's collarbone and they both blip out of existence, no evidence of them coming back available, so you relax a little and stop thinking so hard, perhaps a break is necessary.

You look at the door expectantly, wondering what fancy new skeleton is about to waltz through either barking commands or taking pity on you. Oooooor, they could be some utterly terrifying and suspicious anomaly who doesn't give a crap about you and threatens to kill you within 5 seconds.  

Or of course, the most predictable of things could happen, and they could be a skeleton in clothes with loud, screaming colors, wearing shades over their eye sockets that say 'YO-LO', and a peculiar golden tooth that somehow set them apart in some way. 

Oh look, you just described the person walking through the doorway, spewing tons of words at once you didn't understand. 

It was...Freer? Or was is Frost? Maybe it was Freight? You'd seen him before, and his bright image probably should've been counted to your memory, but too many things had been flowing around, into, and out of your mind, so you were likely letting all the seemingly unimportant facts and information aside, not expecting to ever see them again.

Yet, here you were faced with someone your brain sought to forget, wrongly of course, but with reason. Now, he was more clearly speaking, not too fast, but that's when you notice he's not even talking to you, let alone paying you any heed. 

He appears to be speaking on a walkie-talkie with someone, brow bones furrowed as something unreadable passes through his expression. He looks a bit pissed, which is rare for a skeleton like him. Even just the 3 minutes convo you had with him a few days ago, he really did seem all friendly and laid back. 

Somehow, that's gone though. Replaced by rather undesirable stress and what looks like agitation, along with a few strands of strangeness you can't put your finger on. It really is a whole new playing field, so interesting, that you decide to tune in and listen, it's only one side of the chat, but it sounds heated on both. 

"BRO. Can't you chillax a bit? You know updawg won't let up like that." 

"..." 

"IT'S NOT THAT LEGIT BROSKI." 

"..." 

"But you know they're gonna clap back." 

"..." 

"Like flame bro." 

"..." 

"Mood..." 

"..."

"Well, bye felicia."

That's the end of it. 

Freight sighs, air rushing out from the crevices between his teeth. He still looks a bit irritated, but puts on a strained smile as he turns to you. 

"Sorry you had to hear that Broski, name's Fresh, but you know that." Oh, it was Fresh. Going to have to remember that for future reference if you ever ran into this guy again. He was an intriguing character, apparently with more to him than just his hyper and outgoing attitude. 

"Y'know, I haven't checked on my bro Glitchy in a bit, whole buncha' tea is poppin' up left and right. Too much to focus on, especially for a top dog like me." Fresh says, you can't exactly tell if he's looking at you or the floor because of the shades, but you nod anyway. 

"There somethin' you gotta say little buddy? Epic doesn't usually bind up little humans for a kick y'know." Fresh continues, a thick eyebrow raising to emphasize his point as you feel his eye lights land on you. 

"..." 

"Epic says you're a bit reticent, but that's still peachy, just take your time little buddy. Alls well that ends well." Fresh assures you, sitting down in Epic's chair and propping his feet up, exposing the loudly colored heelys. 

You looked down, brainstorming what to say. Fresh didn't seem like a fool, that was for sure, he just looked and talked like one, and that was just typical Fresh. 

You couldn't help but wonder what Lust was going through. Probably back to being sly and weird with no slip ups, but the way he acted still concerned you. 

"You good lil' buddy, you look a bit pale." Fresh stresses the last word for some reason, his toothy smile shifting upwards on one end. You just nod, not exactly caring about how you looked right now. 

Everything was going normal when an idea hit you in the head, a smart one. 

It's not completely bulletproof, but it might work.

~~~~~~~~~~

HALLO, GOT BACK LATE FROM DAVE & BUSTER'S WITH A MIGRAINE FROM THE MUSIC AND BRIGHT LIGHTS... MAYBE THE FOOD TOO. SORRY FOR THE HALF-ASSED SHORT THINGY, BUT I REALLY, REALLY GOTTA SLEEP lol. 

I'm not crying, you're crying. 

- De Moogus 

(Thanks for reading!! Hope you enjoyed.)