He cares

Tw: Anxiety attack (kinda)

—Your POV—

It was dark out now. Quietly curled underneath their covers was you, shivering lightly whilst glancing at the clock. It was 3:02 AM, no time to be awake, but you were too scared to sleep. Nightmare must've literally lingered on you or something, because every time you tried to sleep, horrific images would flash through your mind, on various scales of scariness. 

Not to mention the horror film you watched earlier...

Sure earlier, Nightmare told you that your 'mission' as a 'pet' was postponed until further notice, but that didn't make you feel entirely safe. He also told you not to go into his room, or he'd tear you to pieces, which made you rethink any snooping you'd planned.  Horror didn't really try to comfort you either, he just ruffled your hair and told you to get ready for the coming days. So, all in all, you weren't feeling the greatest. 

You were getting tired of sitting here, being scared of your own shadow, so you got up, flinching at a creak that sounded when you did so. Carefully, you tiptoed down the stairs and down to the kitchen, eyeing the sink and it's contents. It wasn't that full, so maybe you could wash them without making too much noise. You didn't want to know the punishment in store for you if you did. Plus, it would be one less thing you have to do tomorrow. 

Gingerly, you ran the water, grabbing the wash rag to begin scrubbing away at all the accumulated grime on the surface of the dishes. You decided to play it safe and place everything in the drying rack, since you didn't know where it went. You hummed a little tune, putting dishes away with soft little clinks or clatters or maybe even a chime but nothing too special. You'd nearly dropped a dish, but caught it, feeling a rush of euphoria afterwards.

You finished, feeling content with your work, and put the rag away, sighing in relief as you went to plop heavily in one of the kitchen chairs. It'd been a long day, you were ready for a break from all this madness, but you couldn't even escape to your Dreams. And it hurt, your throat was always tight, never a chance to relax, because of you messed up once...

You'd die. 

Your feeling of contentment and euphoria quickly came crashing to an end, tears stinging your eyes, and gravity seemed to push down on you specifically, crushing you into a small ball, and making you feel helplessly tiny. You let the tears freely fall, occasionally sniffling and hiccuping, wiping at your eyes to clear them. That was useless though, because you didn't even notice the skeletal figure watching you in plain sight. 

But this was just a bit too much for you right now, and you needed to cry a little, blow off some steam. When you spend the whole day smiling in everyone's face and pretending to be okay, it only hurts more knowing you lied to them. 

After a good few minutes, you got up, heading towards the exit, when you were unexpectedly stopped, a hand gripping your arm. Smooth bone. You knew the feeling by now, you lived all around it. Turning your head to see your restrainer, you quickly recognized it as Horror, a twinge of surprise in your features as you scanned his. 

He looked concerned, and upset, and maybe... hurt? "Heya Cupcake, mind telling me why you're up so late?" He was playing coy, like he didn't see you crying a moment ago. (But you didn't notice of course.) In a swift movement, he pulled you to his chest for a hug, memories of your nap flooding back, making your tear-stained face flush. "H-Horror-San— y-you're crushing me!" You squeaked, wondering why Horror was hugging you so tightly. 

He huffed, and let go of you, much to your relief. He scanned you, making you self-consciously wipe your face and smile joylessly. "Don't lie to me Cupcake." Horror growled, advancing towards you, making you step backwards. Horror kept coming to you, and you kept moving backwards, cursing when your back hit the cold unforgiving wall. You pressed up against it as hard as you could, but Horror had cornered you, his skeletal hands at either side of your head on the wall. 

"We're going on a mission tomorrow, you'll be here with Crooks..." Horror said, his phalanges running through your hair. You silently nodded, the adrenaline melting away as you leaned into Horror's touch, the fondness in his eyes confusingly welcoming. "I hope Nightmare didn't scare you too much..." He muttered, a glint of anger in his eye light. "Is that why you're still awake?" He asked, innocently tilting his head in just the slightest. 

"Y-Yeah... I don't do good with horror films either." You mumbled, far too entranced in Horror's gaze as you mindlessly answered his questions. It was almost as if he was using some kind of magic on you, to soothe your aching heart and help you relax. (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*)

"That's not very good, mind explaining why you were crying earlier?" Horror cooed, making you wince, nearly falling out of his spell, but he quickly caressed your cheek, stroking and petting you gently, making you purr like a cat. He smiled near seductively, feeling rather prideful of his work. 

"I-I— I just felt so small... like everything is too much..." You said in a quavering tone, your voice cracking slightly as you tried to remain calm. 

"I know how that feels. You're not alone." Horror droned, his smirk falling a bit, before he recomposed himself. "You don't have to cry Cupcake." He continued. "B-But I'm so h-helpless! And weak!" You cried, feeling your confidence drop. Horror chuckled, caressing your cheek more to earn another purr. "Let's take this to the couch." Horror suggested, picking you up and taking you to the couch. He placed you on his lap, and you leaned into him, burying your face in his chest to cry. 

He simply watched as your shoulders lightly shook, and when your sob session was over you looked Horror in the eye socket. "H-Horror-San... d-do you think I'm weak and helpless?" You queried, feeling the smallest but hopeful, just a bit. 

"Of Course not Cupcake. You'll never be weak as long as I'm around~."

And then... Horror kissed you.

~~~~~~~~~~

He was using his magic to soothe your soul, (and seduce you I guess) for all you obliviouses. Another Saturday, another slow update day. Sorry, just the way this is. 

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus