Kill the Cows: Epilogue

More warnings for this series: Blood/Gore, syringes/drugs, and dissection/body horror (kinda). 

{Fwashback}

Horror mumbled something ungrateful. Cleaning cows sucked. 

There was no way to get to their insides without splitting them open, and that in itself was disgusting anyways. You had to remove their intestines, and whatever other organs they had, take out the bones, (but be careful with the ribs, Farm had said) and clean everything. 

Even after that, the cow had to be dissected because of certain 'cuts' of it there were. Of course there were obvious things, like cow tongue or the cow ears, but then there was crap like:

"Make sure you remove the sirloins." Farm instructed, glancing at Horror, who fumbled with gloves and an extremely sharp knife. 

"I thought you guys were farmers!" Horror growled, glaring at the dissected cow on the table before him. "Not butchers!" 

"The more work you do the less people you gotta pay." Farm answered simply, tracing along the part he wanted Horror to cut. "And the less people you pay the more money you keep."

Horror grumbled and rolled his eyes. The cow bodies had all been injected with some weird substance. The syringe for the injection was still on the table, just to the side where it wasn't in the way. 

The cows had also been drained of their blood, which was disgusting, but it took a bit. The later cows were still being drained, and Cupid was probably the one being currently dissected. 

"So why the hell do we have to do all the extra?" Horror asked, bitterness in his tone as he glanced at a nearby butchering diagram. It was all he had to go off of to make sure he didn't mess up. 

"Because I'd rather do things myself then have some random street rat do it." Farm replied, making Horror scoff quietly. "Plus, it's less people for the FDA to have to interrogate."

"Wait what." Horror said, sitting upright in his chair as his goggles bobbed oddly on his head. "I'm going to be interrogated?

"No no, not you." Farm chuckled, sitting back with an easy going smile. "Me and my bro." 

"Oh." Horror muttered, glaring at a particularly fatty piece of meat he was forced to cut through. His apron kept the meat from touching his clothes. 

"Oh and we're going to have to clean everything again after this ok?" Farm informed Horror, who restrained from whining about a sour complaint. "So just be ready." 

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Horror huffed, slicing through the fat and meat to get the cut Farm oh-so-desired. "But what's the point of all the cutting anyways? Can't we just throw out the bones and sell the cow?"

Farm gave Horror an incredulous look. Horror looked back, completely nonchalant and even a little confused. 

"Of course not!" Farm said as though it were obvious. "That's ludicrous! Every piece of a cow is used for something."

"Really?" Horror said, unconvinced.

"Try me." Farm responded, putting down his knife to look Horror dead in the eye socket. It was on. 

"Bones?"

"Gelatin."

"Fat?"

"Cooking oils."

"...blood?..."

"Medicines."

"...intestines!"

"Sausage Casing!"

"Cow skin?"

"Belts and shoes and jackets and hats."

Farm looked all too satisfied for stumping Horror. Horror looked much too flabbergasted with Farm's satisfaction. 

"You're lying." Horror accused, growling nonsense as Farm giggled.

"Anything else gets turned into other stuff, like hotdogs and bouillon." Farm continued, and Horror sighed in disinterest.

"It's over..." Horror said, cutting the meat and separating the pieces. "Let's just keep cutting meat."

—Time Skip—

"How do you think that bullet left the gun's magazine?" Farm asked, lazed out across the couch while Horror sat on the couch in front of him. 

Though his metaphorical heart skipped a beat, Horror didn't move, instead immediately generating a lie to tell Farm. It had to be believable, so logically, what came out his mouth was not anything useful. 

"...Maybe one of the cows did it." Horror murmured, mentally smacking himself for saying something so dumb. 

"That's a wild theory." Farm said, tracing a small circle on Horror's skull, no doubt looking at the hole in it too. 

The silence stretched on to an almost uncomfortable point as the circle Farm was tracing on Horror's head started to become numb. 

"I wonder what Crooks' doing." Horror whispered, flexing his fingers. "I hope he's safe."

"Of course he's safe." Farm assured him, one arm slowly snaking around Horror's neck. "He's with my bro, and I don't think the spider's gonna hurt him." 

The spider huh? Was that like, the farmer he was visiting? 

Horror shuddered, Crooks' liked bugs, but he didn't know how he would act. If he tried anything risky, it could blow the cover for both of them. 

"He's a good kid." Farm chirped, fingers latching lightly onto Horror's collarbone, earning a slightly startled noise from the latter. "I doubt he'd do anything dumb." 

"Yeah ok." Horror sighed. This break couldn't be that much more wistful could it? He missed his brother already. 

"Things'll be fine." Farm said, though Horror didn't buy it. 

"Just relax." 

~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter today = long chapter later that's how my brain works

Going gremlin mode solely because I've been home for way too long and I need to stop being sick because my nutritional value is at an all-time low. I cannot. I need to go to school. My days NEED structure. I wanna see muh friends. C'mon bro I know staying home is cool but any home but mine. I'm caggggeddddddd!

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus