Sneaking Suspicions

Tw: Slightly Suggestive (mention) 

—Dream's POV—

I sighed... watching the human and Blue converse was adorable to say the least.

Unless you look under the surface...

I frowned thoughtfully at the human, though they didn't notice. I could sense emotions, a useful skill growing up in this world of rage and warring. Sensing the human's emotions though, I felt something completely different than the bouncy, joyousness, coming off Blue. 

They were sad and terrified, hiding it with their meek and shy façade. 

But what should I expect? Their entire universe was wiped clean of life, all the people they knew, every home they lived in, literally their all was stripped from them, everything except the soul in their chest and the clothes on their back. It was sad, and cruel, I'd have to get my brother for this...

I really did. 

But, on a lighter note, this human was... special. Grant it, all humans are unique and beautiful in their own way, but this human was... more. 

Most humans' emotions come off in steady, small pulses, whilst this specific human had emotions that came in tranquil rushes and spikes. It was odd, but near addictive for people like me and my brother who could sense these emotions naturally. 

No matter what they were feeling they always relayed even the most devastating events calmly and thoughtfully, it was almost like they wa—

"DREAM!!?"

An 'angry' slightly flushed Blue stood in front of me, cheekbones puffed out, impatiently tapping his foot. He looked upset, but he was obviously trying to look angry to mask a wave a giggles that threatened to slip out. 

I smiled fondly at him, yellow dusting my cheekbones. I was too stuck in my thoughts to hear my friend! How clumsy I am. 

"THE HUMAN WANTED TO SEE YOUR HEALING MAGIC!" Blue beamed, I swear I thought there was a hidden threat there but his aura shows no signs of it. "O-ok." I said glancing at the human, who flinched under my stare, making me frown. 

"HERE DREAM, WHY NOT HEAL ME? I FELL THROUGH A HOUSE EARLIER." Blue spoke loudly, as if falling through houses was normal, however, me and the human stood with similar shocked expressions on our faces. "Ah y-yes Blue show me the injury please." I said softly, still slightly dazed by the human's drug-like aura.

They seemed to notice this, and took a mental note, nodding slightly as they registered it. I watched as Blue plopped down with a thud and the rattle of bones. I sat down next to him, leaving the human awkwardly staring down at our sitting forms before giving in and sitting down with us. 

Blue carefully slipped off his boot, wincing as he did so, revealing a large crack in the bone running from his ankle to his mid-calf area. I gently rolled up the pant leg, and hovered my hands just above the crack. I looked at Blue, who nodded at me only to promptly look back at his wound. I risked a glance at the human, who avoided my hypnotic golden stare. 

I sighed, brightening slightly as I watched the soft green glow from my hands allow the scarred bone to heal itself, too focused on healing Blue to notice the agile figure making it's way towards us. 

Having finished my healing, I sighed and leaned back, only to collide with a pair of legs. 

I yelped and  immediately looking up rather than leaning away, trusting I would not have made a mistake. Much to my relieve of course, it was Ink, wagging his finger at me before adding the dialogue to explain his actions. 

"Tut-tut Dream, what if I happened to be wearing a skirt?"

I felt my face flush, a heavy golden tint blooming across my face. "Aauugh... Not funny Ink." I muttered doubling over onto myself feeling utterly embarrassed, the fact that the human was here didn't make matters any better. 

It would probably be appropriate to assess the human now anyways.

—Your POV—

A little startled by the sudden appearance of yet another skeleton, you scanned this one too, the one thing sticking out to you being the iconic ink (or paint idk) splotch on his right cheekbone, sort of bothering you but you wouldn't mention. 

"OH HI INK! ME AND DREAM WERE JUST TALKING TO THIS HUMAN!" Blue gestured towards you, making you shrink back as the other skeleton's odd eye lights scanned near threateningly over you. 

Finally, he stopped at your face locking eyes with you for a second or two while a sly expression crept across his face. "Where did you even spawn from?" Dream asked, finally done with his lewd thinking. 

"Over there." Ink said, lazily jabbing a thumb over his shoulder at a puddle of gasoline, confusing you. Before you could say anything though, Dream cut off your words and thoughts with an idea proposed for your safety. 

"Ok, ok, now that we're all here," He glanced at his comrades. "Let's take this human back to the safety of our base."

Blue nodded, Dream smiled a little, and Ink sat there with an unreadable expression. 

So far, Blue was nice, Dream was ok, and Ink was suspicious.

~~~~~~~~~~

Heh, still got in two chapters. I'm proud!

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading.

- De Moogus