Departure

—Your POV—

You blow the hair out of your face. 

It feels like time is moving a sluggish pace just because you're waiting on someone again— two someones.

Talking didn't work, so now you're back to being bored, in silence nonetheless. Papyrus opted to play Uno, but Lust declined and now they're done too. 

You wanted to maybe suggest solitaire, but that was shot down immediately as you realized Epic didn't have it in his bedroom anyways. It made you a little bit saddened internally, but it went ignored as you carried on. 

You kind of hate the fact that you feel like you're the only person who's experiencing extreme under stimulation, as everyone else at least looks busy in some way or another. 

Papyrus is back over by the stove, examining his empty spaghetti pot with a concealed awe. Lust and Horror trade looks every now and again, with Lust staring promiscuously at Horror, and Horror giving the occasional eye roll. 

You feel like you could just melt and become part of the table when there's a loud banging on the door, followed by some jumbled slang and the sound of plastic crinkling. 

You bolt upright, but you're too late as Papyrus opens the door and Fresh and Epic are suddenly inside the room, piquing the interest of the other skeletons as well.

"Escapees! Gather round' for out master plan!" Epic announces dramatically, splaying out his bony arms and kicking the door closed behind him. 

You, Horror, and Lust all scramble to meet him, getting comfortable in the tight squeeze while Fresh hands you all little discs with intricate designs. 

"First off, I'm going to send a little EMP through you all, to destroy any tracking devices on you." Epic informs, and for a moment you're not sure if you should be terrified or indifferent. But it's not like you have a lot of time to protest anyways. 

"Go!" 

Nothing happens. 

You glance around, dumbfounded and confused. Wouldn't you feel an EMP? Did it hurt? 

Slowly, you relax you muscles and glance at Horror and Lust, they're fine too. Horror has a small glare in his eye though, and Lust looks just the slightest bit irritated as well. 

Just as you're going to ask what's going on, a sharp sting explodes across your shoulder, as well as a shrill crackling noise. 

"There we go, after like 8 pulses no less." Epic tuts, coming over and poking you. 

"They hide trackers and shit on their own guests, how rude." Epic continues, running his hand across your shoulders as his eye lights become aglow with purple magic. 

They pain dulls as a soft green shines from epics palm, cooling the pain and relieving you. It's kind of fascinating actually, you've seen a handful of monsters perform this kind of magic... maybe it's healing?

"Thanks." You utter as Epic pulls away, receiving a nod of acknowledgment as he moves on to Horror, and then Lust. They each get a quick frisking and a pat down before they're good to go. 

You're surprised Fresh hasn't started blabbering yet. In fact, this whole time he's been casually leaned against the doorframe, no movement except the steady rising and falling of his chest. 

You're a tad impressed by such controlled behavior coming from an unhinged individual like Fresh, until something else hits you. 

That motherfucker is drooling. 

No way in hell he's just standing there. The dumbass fell asleep, and that's a fact. 

You sigh, rolling your eyes, a new disinterest filling you as you turn your attention back to Epic, who's whispering something to Lust. 

"Anyways, you guys' records have been erased, and any camera footage has been terminated." Epic says, looking off to the side as a small bit of purple creeps up on his cheekbones, but's he's back on track before you can wonder why.

"Now I'll just teleport you guys outside, an you'll walk to the bus stop from there." Epic finishes taking hold of Lust's hand, who takes Horror's hand, who takes yours. 

You're baffled for about another second before the ground beneath you shifts, then disappears, and an inexplicable nausea floods your system. 

You stumble when you're standing again, gripping Horror's hand for dear life when the ground makes a few unexpected jumps for your face.

"On your feet, Cupcake." Horror muses, and you shoot him a look as you steady yourself.

You're in a public area, various monsters and humans passing you by and a few looking, but not many. 

Epic looks exhausted, an exasperated heave coming from him as he stretches a little, flexing his fingers and giving out a yawn. 

"What if we get lost?" Lust asks, leaning forwards towards Epic and checking him out briefly.

"Oh... we got that covered." Epic mumbles, looking on a diagonal angle and winking, prompting the three of you to all look in the same direction, but you don't see anything except buildings. 

"Anywho, I'll leave the rest to you all, be careful, be safe, and be smart ok? Don't make everyone's hard work meaningless." Epic advises, smile easy, light, unthreatening. 

Life will probably throw you hell because you're working towards something you care about, but you try not to think about it too much. 

Lust turns to you and Horror, a tiny lavender hue littering his face as he shoos you. 

Horror makes a weird noise, and then turns you from the spectacle you could've witnessed. 

"C'mon, Cupcake... we'll leave Slutface to catch up on his own accord." Horror spat, pulling you along with him towards the crowded streets of the bustling city. 

"I know where the stop is." Horror grumbles, literally leaving Epic and Lust in the dust as you and  him progress further down the street. 

You don't dare look back, continuing on with a stir in your stomach as your mind wanders. You're eager to get on the bus, ready to leave and go home. 

Well... not exactly home, but your current place of dwelling that was where you just so happened to reside. You guess. 

The walk should be short and sweet... if you can avoid trouble for that long. 

~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like cringe is starting to burrow into my very soul... I'm in Highschool, why the hell do I still draw like a 7 year old? I know my writing isn't perfect but all the praise i get irl just feels so fake... (not from you guys though... the fact that you don't even know me, but you're willing to support me is phenomenal.) 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus