Boredom

—Your POV—

It was later now, the idea of the sky dimming earlier than 4:00PM baffling you. Earlier when you were in your trance it was really dark for some reason, but standing in front of the window you were able to feel the rays of sunlight gingerly dancing across your skin. 

You sighed, deep and loud to attract attention to yourself, even though nobody was around. You were frustrated with waiting, feeling like a caged bird. You had toddled curiously into the room with the piano, but you hadn't mustered the courage to play it, and lolly gagging about and standing in the direct way of the sunshine did nothing, and you were feeling bored. 

You glanced back at the large instrument, the tantalizing aura it gave off baiting you in steadily. First it was just one step in the right direction, then two, then three, and finally you were in the seat, trying to figure out what to play. 

You had no crowd, which made everything a bit better, as stage fright would've been quick to overtake you and squander all your senses. But on the other hand, it felt a little lonely for you to just be sitting here alone again. So, you just tapped a few keys, getting used to the sound of the piano and concluding you couldn't tune it yourself anyway. 

When a song came to mind, you quickly shook it off, doubting your abilities as anyone would. Back in your early Highschool years, your music teacher greatly embarrassed you by putting you in a play, giving you a solo piece to perform whilst singing. It wasn't too bad, and you aced it, the lyrics and notes pretty much bleached into your memory, as well as the rush of panic you felt when you hit that one flat. 

You chuckled, playing the first few notes and cringing when you hit one of the wrong ones, sure it made you feel silly, but not a soul was around to comment on it so you kept going, eventually breaking out into a melodic symphony, mostly bringing up old memories for you. 

{Flashback Start}

For a moment, time paused, the other kids had just finished strutting across the stage with their loud singing and dancing, shouting harmoniously and moving gracefully. The spotlight had just landed on you, and you felt the eyes of over a hundred judgmental parents and other children looking at you, and felt your heart rate triple. 

Immediately your brain fogged, your palms became sweaty as you knew time couldn't stay paused forever, but right now was such a peculiar situation, one you had no intention of wasting. You inhaled deeply, knowing as soon as the air that had just entered your lungs came billowing out, time would resume, but you felt a certain readiness towards the terror that was ahead. 

Without further ado, you forced all the air out of your lungs and began to skillfully tap away at each and every key on your script, breathing easily as you waited for the drop so you could start bellowing lyrics, looking forward to ending this as quickly as possible. 

The other children were perfectly imitating the image in what the play would look like in your mind, boogying smoothly to the beat of your playing like professionals. You were amazed by the consistency, and pushed yourself to play every note with a little more vigor, adding meaningfulness to any movement your fingers made on the piano. 

Then it came, the drop that signified your ultimate declaration, the very drop you had to sing for.

"Hello World! All you people!

 Flying high, humanity's easel!

 It was love, or maybe anger! —A burnin' feeling— but such a banger~!" 

Your voice rang out like a large golden bell, tone gliding smoothly over all the words as your peers sang angelically, your fingers slowly pressing the appropriate keys. 

"I don't know why— 

but when I'm down! 

I decide— 

to turn my frown right upside down! 

And I know this next one sounds cheesy— 

but livin' with billions of other people... well, it ain't easy. 

But tryna' talk me out, of my good mood, 

giving everybody, an attitude, 

it just don't sound right, and not to be rude,

It's always better to be kind dude!" 

(Ugh I feel so giddy writing this shit...) Your voice faded out as you roused the crowd with another short rift of your fingers flying across the piano, the kids from the background picking back up on there part as actors. 

You felt much better, and continued to quietly tap away at the keys on your piano, the memory slipping away from your grasp as you felt reality letting itself back into the scope of your mind. It was a nice little remembrance, but it kind of saddened you to see it go so quickly, just as you finished the song... 

{Flashback End}

Well it was nice while it lasted, a little music went a long way you guessed, leaving the piano room to explore more of the mysterious and run-down shack that Edge currently dwelled within, that iconic red door catching your eye as you came back to the living area. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Bark Bark, thanks for reading. I had a pretty average Saturday, things going as usual, me doing lazing around and reading... sigh... I kept staring at my sweater... I don't know why I took such a liking to the Soviet symbol back in middle school and stuff but I'm feeling inspired. 

Hope you enjoyed... ^~^

- De Moogus 

(Feels a whole lot shorter than it actually is... and I spent like and hour on it...)