Home Base

-Ink's POV-

I eventually nodded, albeit reluctantly. Dream and Blue happily hopped to their feet, and looked at each other. I looked at this weird human, who was dusting themself off after sitting on the dry near desolate ground. I looked at my surroundings too, seeing how this place was total shit for having a heartfelt reunion.

"Alright I'll be opening the portal now!" Dream announced, probably energized from all the happy feelings flying around. Blue went through first, then Dream, but the human looked scared for no reason so I softly placed a hand on their back and motioned for them to step through.

They looked up at me, theireyes squinting in confusion as I just awkwardly smiled, telling them portal was safe. I was a Star (shit) Sans! Symbol of safety across the multiverse! No reason for them to fear!

"It's not that..." They muttered.

 "Then what is it?" I asked, starting to get slightly annoyed. They inhaled sharply before essentially diving into the portal, with me close behind. The first thing I heard was an 'AH!' followed by an 'OWWIE' and before I knew it I was on the floor.

Long story short, we were now a tangle of limbs strewn about.

Slowly untangling from a laughing Blue, a stuttering Dream, and a profusely blushing human, I forced myself up, stretching out my now freed limbs.

 "Ah, m-maybe not all at the s-same time." Dream huffed, still a bit shocked from the sudden 2 people just falling on him.

I giggled to myself, gotta love some good old tangling right?

Blue randomly shot up, seemingly having one of his moments of supreme omnipotence and knowledge. He started trembling, obviously with excitement, but the human shot him a questionable look nonetheless.

He excitedly bounced from foot to foot and said a random name, much to me and Dream's confusion. "SHOULD HAVE CELEBRATORY TACOS WITH US!!" 

Me and Dream stared at him in confusion for a moment, watching as his eye lights shifted from ovals to stars. It was less of a question and more of a plan, but upon realizing our befuddlement, he sighed, eye lights shifting back to ovals, and pointed a finger at the human. A small 'oh' came from me and Dream, making Blue giggle.

"Welp, let's get cooking."

-Your POV-

You glanced at the odd skeletons, who all walked in a foreign direction of the house. Quickly tagging along behind Dream, you made your way to a room that looked as though it were a kitchen.

It's just that you'd never seen a kitchen so big.

"Wow!" You gasped, mouth agape at the sheer size of the kitchen, making Blue beam proudly. 

"AH YES HUMAN THIS IS MY MAGNIFICENT KITCHEN THAT I USE TO COOK ONLY THE MOST DELICIOUS OF CUISINE MWEH-HEH-HEH!" You couldn't help but feel at least a little lifted at his hearty speech, so you too beamed.

Dream chuckled at you two, and walked over to a cabinet full of taco fixings. You took a seat at the table and watched Dream and Blue cook the meat, stir the veggies and prep the taco shells.

All in all, you were probably sitting here for about 30 minutes watching them in awe. However, upon looking around for the most mysterious of the trio, he was no where to be seen, probably having slipped into another foreign area of the building.

You huffed quietly to yourself as Blue and Dream went to go get Ink. They were all certainly mysterious, walking, talking, corpses with emotions, and well the ability to move at all. You thought you knew Blue the best but couldn't shake the feeling they were all hiding something from you.

Maybe you should speak up?

No, no, you definitely didn't want to come as pushy, they all played a part in saving you and you deeply respected it. You weren't going to try and overstep boundaries on your first day, then... what if they don't like you afterwards?

Maybe you're overthinking things. If you just take it slow everything should be fine. But... how long were you staying anyway? (Only like, a chapter and a half silly.)

Whilst you sat here brewing in your emotions, Dream stood on the farther side of the kitchen, those large golden eyes trained on you, as though he could alter the emotions by staring. Eventually, your natural gaze sensors picked up on this, making you involuntarily jolt up and see Dream on the far side of the kitchen looking at you.

Sheepishly, you waved, Dream waved back, and then made and advance towards you at the table. You flinched upon seeing the movement, quickly relaxing as Dream made his way over to ask a simple question.

"Would you like a taco?" He asked genuinely. You felt your guard drop, this place was just too harmless. "Yeah!" You said enthusiastically, beaming like the sun. Dream smiled back, a slightly yellow hue upon his face as he went to make you one.

"What do you eat on your tacos?" He called to you, making you think, what did you like on tacos? 

"Umm just the meat veggies and cheese will be fine." You said, eying the toppings strewn across the counter top.

Soon enough, Dream served you a taco, and you ate it, loving the deliciousness of the sustenance. Afterwards, Dream led you to your room, where you promptly got ready for bed. Whispering a 'thanks' and a 'goodnight'.

Then you had a good dream.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of words aksoskejjeeneje!!

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

- De Moogus