Inquiring Ink

—Ink's POV—

Here I stood, in Core's lousy lobby, speaking with one of my friends that I happened to bump in to. His name was Gaster, an older acquaintance of mine. We spoke on and on about art, until of course, he received a call in the middle of me making my point and had to excuse himself, slightly relieving me since I was getting a bit worked up.

I glanced around the lobby, taking a seat next to a little girl in a maid outfit, who immediately tensed and shifted away from me, not daring to show her face. I frowned, feeling inclined to attempt interaction with this retractive soul and forge a relationship.

"Hello friend, if you do not mind me asking, for what reason is it that you are here?" I queried, smiling softly just in case she did look in my direction. She refused to say anything to me though, and began to start quivering. I felt the smallest pang of suspicion go off in my skeletal body, but continued to act as though I didn't mind. "Excuse me?" I tried again, seeing her only start to shake more violently before she finally snapped and turned to face me. 

Instantly, I recognized her face, the human I thought would've died in the hands of those monsters. I was fortunately wrong though, because after I regained consciousness all I could do was worry. "Y-Y/N! I-I thought you were dead!" I whisper-shouted, assuming she didn't want much attention drawn to herself.

She glared at me, and I smiled, happy that she wasn't dead. "What brings you to the Omega Timeline? —A-And how did you escape Nightmare's group!?" I questioned, quieting myself when she put a finger to her lips. "Look Ink... I can explain ok? But let me ask the questions first." She mumbled, sparing a glance to the Burgerpants next to her, who looked like he didn't want to be here. 

"Ink, please don't become too inquisitive, but I need to know where they hold their... prisoners..." She said, slowly raising up as she bit her lip, looking into my inquiring eye sockets. "Umm... why would you want to go there?" I asked, and her hopes visibly dropped. "I...I'll explain on the way..." She uttered, seeming defeated. "I know where it is, but it's a no magic zone so we can't teleport." I stated, letting her win me over. 

I rose up quickly, grasping her hand and taking her down one of the long corridors of the CIC, bounding speedily to the nearest elevator. "Ah— I-Ink, I can't r-run that— FAST!" Suddenly there was a thud from behind me, her weight inevitably dragging me down with her. "Ouchie, that was a bit of a hard fall..." I grunted, pushing myself up off the cold tiled floor. There was a bit of a small scratch on my cheek, but other than that, I was fine. 

Now, Y/n had split her lip, but there wasn't much I could do about that, was there. "C'mon, we gotta go before anyone spots us!" I warned, pulling her up off the floor rushing into the elevator at the end of the hall, slamming the little star shaped button indicating the first floor. 

"Now then," I huffed, catching my breath from the intensity. "Why are you here?" I hissed out, getting an intimidated jolt from the human. "Uh!!" She squeaked, eyes darting all around the room as I advanced on her, cornering her in an elevator. "Ah! Yes! My fr-friend g-got wrongly accused, a-and his— b-brother! Yeah! Sent me h-here to come and get h-him o-out!" She stammered, tiny tears gathering in her eyes as she likely started to panic. 

"Fine." I growled, feeling a bit too winded to further investigate, which was great because we were already back at the bottom. "Come now human!" I chirped, decimating any malice that had lingered thus far. I pulled her out the elevator, running out of the building before the receptionist could react to us or call security. I kept it pushing, running down the block and making a sharp turn at the corner. I came to the bus stop, which was a tour bus for those new to the Omega Timeline.

 "Alright, this bus will take you to the prison, it's a popular tour site, but in your case, join the group of people who want to speak with the prisoners for whatever reason." I advised, passing her trembling form a ticket before my phone went off, jut as the bus arrived. "Shit... It's Dream. I'm afraid I won't be able to accompany you any further, but I wish you safest of travels ok?" I said, receiving a timid nod and a thank you. 

I watched as she hopped onto the bus, waving goodbye and bidding her farewell before walking into an alleyway to take my call. "Heh, sorry for leaving you ringing bud, I was helping a lost lad." I lied, knowing Dream would catch it but not wanting to share any information about Y/n being back. "Ink! I'm so glad you picked up, have you seen Core yet?" Dream beamed from his side of the phone, making me tense. 

"Oof... about that... I haven't see them yet, but I'll make it top priority as of now." I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. "INK! Have you no sense of importance!? If we don't establish this plan with Core, my brother will destroy the entire multiverse!" Dream shouted, mostly fear prominent in his voice. "Ok! Ok! I know I know! I'll return to the lobby ASAP!" I grumbled, hanging up on him before teleporting back into the lobby and startling a few humans. 

Meanwhile the only thing I could imagine is why a bus would come around so late... and better yet why Core would be up this late. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Inky Winky... Y'know, this afternoon, we went past a place called kinki sushi... 🤢🤢 I don't really like sushi in general, but the name immediately grossed me out anyway. 

Alight alright... double update! Ily all! Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

- De Moogus 

(Tbh I felt like naming this one 'Nosy Little Bitch to go with the last one, but I changed it because why not.)