Thin, Thin, Thin, Ice

Warning for those who get triggered by my harmless antics: I included lots of italics for almost no reason, I'm just in an expressive mood, hope you enjoy anyway.

—Your POV—

Welp... life sucks right now. 

You felt dirty, and no, not because you haven't showered in like a week, you were still sparsely  covered in the mud you landed in when you got here, you had fingerprints on your maid outfit, and you really craved a mental coping mechanism right now. 

You were subconsciously digging your chipped nails into the sofa's fabric, the presence of Edge never leaving once as you had a subtle mental breakdown internally. You felt... rotten. Your throat was dry and your head was beginning to pound, something inside of you giving you the notion this wasn't just a 'mental breakdown', probably because you went tumbling of the couch, clutching your head and letting out screams that were muffled by your own hands...

Damn, you sure know how to make a scene. 

~Noot—*cough*Nightmare Start!~

Well, that was quick, like really quick. Usually it's lots of theatrics and special effects before you're here, and even now things felt a tad bit rushed... You looked around, standing to your full  height and examining the area. Back in Nightmare Land, the endless void of muck and darkness, until of course, you stumble along—!

It was all one sudden and fluid movement, Nightmare appeared in front of you, and for the first time, his one eye socket was devoid of any little lights, which threw you off. Another thing that actually threw you off happened simultaneous with his miraculous appearance. 

The ground lurched strongly, sending you crashing inharmoniously onto your rear. Ok that hurt, you could tell with the way pain shot up your tailbone and throughout your spine. You were decently terrified, Nightmare towering threateningly over you, his body not shifting an inch even after that shift, confusing you. 

He was stood sort of slanted now, unnatural for a human, but then again Nightmare clearly wasn't human. You instinctually scooted back from him, tensing when he stepped forward. "U-U-m S-S-Sir N-Nightmare! What b-brings you by?" You attempted, though your voice was cracking and you started to tremble, the skeleton's cold and lifeless gaze providing no assistance.

"...I'm bored, and tired of this shit." Nightmare muttered icily, and it's the first time he's ever been so quiet. He looked distant, his void-like eye sockets giving off something that for once didn't make you fear him, and more so curious. His tentacles however, as they always were, reflected a whole other attitude, twitching dangerously and even randomly whipping outwards, filling you with an inexplicable feeling. 

You were scared yea, but something was off. Why the hell did he call you up? Just for amusement? You furrowed your brow, immediately regret filling you as an eye light materialized in its socket, glaring down directly at you. "Damn pets... anyway, I actually had something decent to say." Nightmare informs you, crouching down before muttering a disgruntled 'fuck it' and plopping onto his rear as well. 

He looked directly at you, and you were pretty much paralyzed, it wasn't just fear, it was also the extremely thick slime, and the fact that gravity seemed to weight down on you a lot harder here. "Look, I don't usually do this out of spite, or without reason, but I just had a thought that was all too revolutionary to pass up on." Nightmare purred, his previously dull expression lighting up into something monstrous and sinister, as his teeth curled upwards sickeningly. 

"Sooo~ heard those mafia brothers are meddling with you! Must be fun." Nightmare cooed, leaning over and making you slightly uncomfortable, one of those dangerous tentacles wrapping around you back and making you shudder.

The space between you two was scarce, not particularly to your liking, but at this point, escape was way farther than you and Nightmare. He waited, quiet for a moment before his grin fell into a scowl, seeming to be disappointed with you yet again. "That wasn't rhetorical Bait." Nightmare hissed, glaring deeply while you panicked and fumbled for the right words. 

"Uh— Y-Yeah!! D-d-difficult it is!" You agreed, trying to sound enthusiastic, but all you did was embarrass yourself into looking more like a fool. Nightmare tsked at you, the tentacle recoiling away in what looked like disgust, and you glanced at your sloppy attire. 

At some point, Nightmare caught your gaze and followed it, seeing your messy maid clothing. "Damn, you really are a slob huh?" He sneered, and you really wanted to retort with something nasty, but even more so, you wanted to escape the Omega Timeline alive

You said it quietly in the back of you mind, not only cursing the slimy monstrosity, but also mentally reminding him that he indeed was the one covered from head to toe in that ugly, disgusting, horrible, black slime. The corner of your mouth twitched upwards, then stopped when Nightmare looked back at you, your figure freezing completely. 

"You know... I can hear what you're thinking while you're here... right?" Nightmare mentioned, slowly rising up from his previously hunched over position. You watched, anxiety engulfing you completely as Nightmare's eye light thinned to that of a pinprick, tentacles conveying his true intentions by lashing about behind him, you were sure each and every one of them just wanted the chance to tear you apart, like they were sentient or something. 

Needless for either of you to say, you guessed, and you just kept you gaze fixated on Nightmare as the intimidating skeleton straightened up a little, then hung his head and started cackling ominously, all the while you sat, petrified, contemplating your next move, trying to predict his next move. 

The laughter abruptly cut out, making you flinch out of you thoughts. Nightmare's head took a painfully long time to fully turn back toward you, a look of something you could only compare to the killer instinct of insanity in his eye sockets. 

"Y/N. Run. Run right now. You won't be fast enough to predict my next move. Just get going. Before I maim you." 

It took you no time, your previously stone like state long gone as you made for the slime drenched hills, adrenaline fueling you as you never, ever, spent even one split second looking back. 

You were fucked, and that was all too clear right now. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hisss Hisss, I'm frickin tired. Double update woooohoo... maybe I'll make a shitpost on tumblr for this little hiccup I don't know and I kinda don't care too much... sorry for anyone I triggered with the italics, but not actually sorry. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus 

(P.S, I started a cult, no further questions unless you inbox me, I must sleep.)