Kill the Cows: Finale

Hello I believe it's time to write again! Shout out to the wonderful Crystal_Cat424 and gasmaryknockwhat000 for the idea of today's chapter, because I probably wouldn't be writing it without their amazing ideas. <3 Without further ado, here are the warnings for the chapter: Guns, animal death (completely humane this time...), and drug mention...

~~~~~~~~~~

{fLaShBaCk (couldn't find another compatible language that I knew... and I don't like Spanish)}

"Ok here's how things are going to go." Farm stated, pacing around the cow that laid limp on the table. "How about we take care of this one before we kill another." 

"'Take care of?'" Horror asked, fingers flexing as though they were still holding a firearm. His senses were hyperaware. He didn't blink in fear of missing a change in Farm's expression. 

"Y'know, sanitize, contain... nevermind that's more of a me thing..." Farm reconsidered, scratching the back of his skull for a moment before flashing Horror an apologetic smile.

Farm removed the gun from his pocket, placing it onto the counter and looking at Horror with a stern sharpness in his eyes sockets, though it quickly melted into Farm's usual tiredness. 

"Just stay here bud. Don't use the gun while I'm gone... just say hi to the cows maybe?" He tried, wringing his hands as Horror just stared with wide eye sockets. 

"Ok bye." Farm finished, entering a random door in the back of the slaughterhouse. He came back with a large lift, a platform attached, wheels on the bottom. 

It looked old, but it supported the cow's huge mass when Farm pushed it onto the thing. He then proceeded to leave, carefully hauling along the cow and waving goodbye to Horror before he exited. 

As soon as Farm was gone, Horror lunged for the counter. Swiping the gun from it, he pointed it at the roof, then the door, the table, even his own feet. 

"To hell with gun safety!" Horror declared, cartoonishly ducking and rolling behind the table. He shot at imaginary targets and even aimed at the pen with the cows inside once or twice. 

After darting around and 'shooting' things for a good few minutes, Horror put the gun away, expecting Farm to come back in a moment or two. 

When he didn't, Horror stared at the door, slightly confused before he shrugged it off and ran around the room aiming the gun and only lightly pulling the trigger.

Aiming at the roof for no apparent reason, Horror motioned theatrically, making little sound affects to go with the movements he made. On accident, during said movements, he pull the trigger a bit too hard...

Blam!

In the ceiling, was a bullet hole. Next to the light overhead, away from the entrance. 

Shoot. Literally. 

Mortified, Horror scrambled to put the gun away, praying Farm didn't hear the loud noise as he frantically looked for somewhere he wouldn't look too suspicious. Farm could not find out about this. Not if Horror wanted to keep his skull attached to his body. 

Leaning awkwardly on the table, Horror took a deep breathe and mustered some nonchalance. Farm would probably notice something was off, but not from Horror. No way.

He was just going to chill out, wipe the sweat from his skull, and act like he'd been standing here, stationary the whole time. That was the plan for sure. 

Minutes ticked by, and Horror stood still, ignoring the guilt and worry knowing at his bones. Nothing, nothing at all had happened. 

He jumped when the door opened. 

"What's up buddy?" Farm said, walking in with latex gloves on his hands. "Everything alright?" 

Horror nodded stiffly, looking Farm up and down. He wore a tired smile, and wheeled the lift in with a notable strain. 

"Cleaning up cows and stuff is hard work." Farm said, pushing the lift to the side as Horror watched him, rigid with the need to stay inconspicuous. "It can take hours, but I only did a basic level to make sure it doesn't bleed all over or have any bacteria start to fester." 

Farm briefly rambled before his eyes flicked to meet Horror's and he stopped. He narrowed his eye sockets in scrutiny. Horror mentally cursed his existence. 

"Say Horsie, you look a bit anxious." He observed, jabbing a finger in Horror 's direction as his face went from critical to coquette. "Did you miss me that much?" 

"Hell no." Horror snapped, suddenly loosing all doubt as it was replaced by bitterness. "Why would you even start to think that?" 

Farm chuckled, throwing up his hands in mock surrender. Horror really couldn't take a tease, and it was funny to mess with him anyways. 

"Well if you're so certain, why don't we continue our little task eh?" Farm offered, pacing over to the counter to grab the gun. "Oh, there's a bullet missing." 

Horror froze, body stiff as he internally screamed for not reloading the gun after using it. The shell was probably still on the floor too. If Farm noticed, Horror was dead. 

Bringing out another one of the cows, Farm stood before Horror, and reminded him of the charts he'd studied last time. He reread them, and positioned the gun over the cow's brain in order to shoot it. 

The process repeated for every cow. Roxy surprisingly didn't put up a fight, likely due to the intoxication from the drugs she was allegedly on. Horror wondered how strong they must've been. 

Once all the cows had been put down, Farm hauled them away to his house, Horror following close behind. The Sun was setting as evening lights stretched across the sky. Cool autumn winds licked at Horror's cheekbones as he trudged across Font Farm, seeking the shelter of Farm's home. 

"We're going to clean them up together." Farm declared, leaving no real room for argument. "Then we take our break. After that, we'll make dinner ok?" 

Horror refrained from protest, following Farm into another room of his large home that Horror didn't know even existed. There was a large table in the center, like the slaughterhouse. Also a basin that was almost three times the size of any tub Horror had ever seen. 

"We'll have to clean them up... inside and outside." Farm informed Horror, who nodded seamlessly, ready to work. 

"But let's get on our gear first." 

~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooooo friends.... I am very very tired actually. Which is weird because I got like 9 hours of sleep... I think? Covid is back and has struck me again so yeah... but just a random fact for the people reading: I have been listening to the distortionist by GHOST for hours on end and it's shocking how much I relate to the crispy boi... like seriously I think I am experiencing distortionist vibes from myself. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus 

(Also Saturday is now my official off day. I hope you understand because it really is an important in the week for me. Sorry if this is inconvenient for you.)