Permitted

—Your POV—

Well, this building sure is big. 

On the inside of the dome, it's tons of people. The chatter is above all else, yapping children, barking adults, worn-out clerks. It's almost like one of those indoor zoos. 

"We need to go there." Lust instructs, pointing distinctly at a far off little service station. 

You nod, as does Horror, and you all start on your walk over. 

"Umm Darling, I'll need to take a detour to grab a ticket. Wait for me?" Lust purrs, a flash of lavender in his eye lights making you a smidge on edge. 

"We'll wait." Horror grumbles, seemingly catching the colorful glint in Lust's eye too. 

"Thanks Lovelies!" Lust chirps, temporarily unhooking arms with you to run off and grab his much needed ticket. 

You're left with Horror, who's steadily steering you over towards the station which you believe may verify your tickets. 

"Cupcake, are you hungry?" Horror queries, though it sounds more so like a reflection of how he feels. 

When you look up to answer, Horror is ogling a small snack stand with a cryptic logo on it. You look too, humming in interest as you nod. 

"I'd love to get a snack after all that walking— but aren't we flat broke?" You inform him, earning yourself a boastful laugh. 

"Correction, you're flat broke." Horror muses, flashing you a handful of coins before making a detour to the stand with the edibles. 

At the counter, stands a blue bunny with a darker blue ring around her right eye. She's of a feminine build, a wide brim sun hat adorning her head with holes cut out for the ears.

As you approach, she eyes you eagerly, immediately flashing an award winning smile. 

"Fancy day we're having! See anything ya' like? Best to have a snack before a long bus ride on the way home!" She beams, a rough country accent accompanying her speech as she gestures vividly to her wares. 

Horror nods, surveying all the different options hanging about. He makes a silent decision, seeming to select one of the various bags of chips, along with a snack item you can only relate to some type of jerky. 

"Don't worry Travelers, I have human food too!" She offers,  pulling up an armful of assorted snacks.

 Hey, some of your favorites are in there, so you're quick to pick them. 

"Good choices! But would you like anything for your buddy back there?" The shopkeeper asks, apprehension present in her voice as you're sure Horror has already ordered. 

She gingerly points over your shoulder, but before you turn around, gentle hands find their way onto your head, as well as a bony chin, and Lust's voice ringing out atop your head. 

"Of course! How about a bisicle, Mrs. Bun." Lust hums, tone light and playful as he pushes of your head, coming to your side and hooking his arm back to yours. 

The bunny exchanges Horror's golden coins for your concessions, and it's only then when you realize both your arms are locked within the confines of skeletal arms. 

You give a small tug, and Horror shakes his head. 

"Cupcake, we're about to work out some verifications, the food can wait." Horror proposes, though you find it rather hypocritical the way he's viciously devouring his food. 

Even turning to Lust— and regretting it seeing the promiscuous way he moves his purple tongue along the 'bisicle'. 

He winks at you, and that's all you need to see as you avert your gaze and shudder. 

Suddenly, the idea of what you might owe Lust for his hand in helping you break Horror out of jail. 

You should never make a deal with the devil, and if you remember correctly, Lust is one of the seven deadly sins... so maybe you should've been more smart with your decisions.

"Darling, what on Earth is hindering your ability to look at me?" Lust coos, knowing the answer, and leaning down into your vision, a slight suggestiveness in the smirk he flashes you. 

"Nothing." You refute, tone of iron, fighting the small rosy haze threatening to run a muck across your cheeks. 

You were not going to give in to his sly little cues and prompts, hell no. In fact, a sort of defiance sparks within you as you trudge towards the verification station. 

No skeleton was getting the best of you. When you're on the bus eating happily, they'll be sorry they ate without you. 

Behind this desk, is a rather worn-out looking cat clerk... almost identical to the one you encountered in Core's waiting room. 

You hesitate, trying to squish yourself into the background, but feline eyes dulled by tiredness do not miss you. 

Though, not much arises from it, the cat clerk casually requests your tickets and you hand them in, letting them be scanned and verified accordingly. 

"This one's invalid." He murmurs, holding up Lust's ticket with a look that holds a hint of disgust. 

Lust makes a theatrical gasp, unhooking his arm from yours and leaning forward onto the counter. 

His expression then darkens, and he inclines to the innocent clerk with a somewhat malicious expression, whispering into the large, cat-like ears protruding from his head. 

You can't hear what's being said, or see any of the reactions being displayed, but when Lust recoils back and takes your arm again, he looks rather pleased. 

The clerk looks rather flustered, running all the tickets in some kind of machine and ignoring the sour little beep it lets out while Lust's passes through.

Hurriedly, the cat guy gives you and Horror both official-looking, certified cards that ensure your entry to the bus you want to be on. 

Lust gets a scribbled sheet of paper in the clerk's handwriting, that looks like a desperate attempt at copying the originals. 

You wave goodbye to the embarrassed cat before heading off to the bus loading zone, excitement pumping intensely through your veins. 

The bus is already here, you can see it pulling up the street as joy brims within you at the stellar timing. 

"On our way home Lovelies, more than halfway there." Lust says, a grin on his face as Horror hums anxiously by your side. 

The bus pulls up, and your full of an inexplicable feeling, opting to go first, but ending up denied by Horror and Lust. 

As you're finally entering the steam-powered vehicle though, you catch sight of something odd. 

There's a shape, in the shadow of the building, that doesn't look like something anyone would put up there. 

In fact, as you look up to see it, it's actually a person— rather a skeleton, crouched, watching you board the bus. 

However, as soon as you see him, he disappears from sight, though it's a tad late, you already know who it was. 

But why of all people would Epic send Geno to watch you on your way to the bus stop?

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi... I legitimately can't hear a thing. Lmao younger brothers brought some stupid sickness into the house, and now both my ears are congested asf... life sucks rn but I know (enough) sign language so yippee! 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus