REDEMPTION??

Hahaha thank the beloved @gasmarynockwhat000 for this sudden change of events.

As far as warning go, there's some mentions of the gore, PTSD kinda shit (mentions not actions), and really just pain. The main stuff is over, time for the sun to rise for dawn.

—Your POV—

You flew up into a sitting position, rushed and uncomfortable. Immediately, two gloved hands came into view and lightly laid you back down, the shock still passing over too much for you to pay them any heed. 

You were in pain from head to toe, definitely your appendages aching the worst, as you couldn't even trust yourself to move. You barely made out the figure of Edge in the corner of your vision, the tall skeleton preparing something in the corner, rapidly mixing a liquid while frequently looking back over to you, features tensing when he met your gaze. 

"H-Human, you do not look sufficiently acquainted for..." Edge stopped as his voice drained to an incoherent mutter. The imperial skeleton stalked over to you and gave you a cup to drink from, which you were essentially force fed with or without consent. 

You croaked put a 'Thank you' the liquid clearing out your throat and making you feel a bit more mobile, as you lifted your arm for a few seconds to scratch your neck. Your mind was boggled, probably still trying to drain the (metaphorical) black goop from Nightmare's little dream dimension. 

"Edge, what happened, where am I?" You hissed out, the words coming scratchy and rough, but he understood nonetheless. "Human, I brought you to my personal dwelling, you are on a cot, and as for what previously occurred, you had fallen off the couch and I brought you here, in which you remained for at least 2 hours." Edge explained, offering a sympathetic glance in your direction. 

You frowned deeply, feeling like a fool with no control over their own life. You couldn't help whenever apparently telepathic goopy skeletons reached out to you and knocked you unconscious effortlessly, especially when they ordered you to find their clumsy henchman who just so happened to be slightly attractive crackheads. 

"I feel as though it would be necessary to cut you some slack human. You have been through much, and I am not usually a skeleton of mercy, but I am willing to strike a deal." Edge suggested, much to your still a bit disoriented surprise, but you tuned to hear what Edge had to say. 

"First however, let us address your current state of torpidity." Edge interrupted, single handedly lifting you out of the cot. You were too tired to fight back, weakly gripping into his shirt fabrics in the irrational sense of sense of fear that he'd drop you. It was a short walk, barely that even,  as it was just simply him lifting you from the cot, and into a large chair, afterwards folding the cot and seating himself on the end of his bed, looking at you with concern on his features. 

"Here is my proposal human, I will give you the nicotine free of charge, no hidden fees or motives, and let you go and continue your business without a word, on 2 conditions you must meet." Edge presented, making your eyes widen in anticipation, as well as a slight suspicion snaking up into your mind.

Not like you didn't like him, but you didn't completely trust Edge, but decided against voicing your opinions and waited for him to continue speaking, giving an approving nod of your head while you tried to wiggle your fingers and move even in just the littlest increments imaginable. Nightmares sure did a god job at messing you up, and you were paying for it as of now. 

 "Well, firstly, ... I'd like to know why you are in the OmegaVerse anyways... you see me and my brothers are part of a large institution that illegally survey and manage the people living in this part of the city. We knew exactly when and where you arrived when you did, as well as gather some background information that yields nothing about where you came from or how you got here, other than you're a 21 year old human who fell from a portal." Edge stated, pulling a sheet of paper from his pocket and handing it to you. 

"I-I... I'm here on a bounty mission." You lied, spewing out the first thing that came to mind. Edge's face deflated a bit, he clearly wasn't buying your bullshit but at least he didn't shoot you down. "I see, though you don't seem like the type to hunt others, care to elaborate?" He pressed, spotting the lie, and attempting to test just how much you could think up before it became unreasonable or awkward. 

"U-Umm well, I didn't have too much money, so I got a job and I have to report back in a few days!" You uttered, trying to think of anything more convincing without overwhelming your already befuddled mind, even though it was staring to over heat up there and you broke out in a cold sweat. 

Edge sighed, probably wishing to know more of the truth, but he looked sincere enough to let you off the hook, only leaving you to worry over the next requirement. "Well then, with that out the way, next I'd like to you clean yourself." Edge said sternly, glowering at the dirty maid outfit on his clean chair. 

You blushed a bit, immediately rising only for your legs to give out from the pain, resulting in you landing face-first in Edge's hold, only embarrassing you more. "I suppose I should heal you first, then you will clean up, and finally we will discuss the remaining details." Edge assured you, lowering you back into your seat before shuffling over and holding out his hands, a soft, green glow emanating kindly from them. 

"This will take but a second." 

~~~~~~~~~~

Checco Checco!! Good day! I cannot wait for fall break!! :D Guys!! I took my exam and aced it! I'm gonna get one of those Matryoshkas!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH SO HAPPY TOO HAPPY I'M DYING

Thanks for reading, Hope you enjoyed!!

- De Moogus