Fresh Stress

—Your POV—

Fresh tilts his skull.

He's been wordlessly examining your posture for the past five minutes, and you've been uncomfortably squirming, for the past five minutes.

This is probably the longest time Fresh has ever been quiet in front of you. His usually chipper, full of life form (despite being a skeleton) is now full of an unnatural stillness, smile gone like the sense of security you had when he entered the room. 

Fresh had his hands on the wall at either side of your head, holding you in a pseudo-cage while his towering form looms over you, expression unreadable as you shudder in the restraints of your chair. 

Why did the temperature drop so suddenly? How come the pressure of Fresh's gaze tripled when he moved closer to you? And why did he suddenly become so... rigid? 

You recoiled from him, it was kind of like being trapped under an impending structure, the fear and adrenaline were real feelings threatening to overpower your system right now, but at the same time, nothing was happening... just a feeling of suspense with no real outcome. 

Or of course a horrible outcome waiting to happen.

You sincerely hoped the latter would not be your final result as you mustered an extremely terrified smile to combat the one belonging to the skeleton before you. He doesn't falter, in fact he lets out a small bout of laughter, startling you. 

"You're shaking like a leaf." Fresh purrs in an uncanny voice, leaning in, now inches from your face as you realize the immediate tremble in your body. Things are not going good as the skeleton practically leaks malicious intent, wrecking your nerves with the terrible feeling of helplessness. 

"You're too weak to kill a fly, Cupcake. You can't do shit." Fresh coos, albeit gently, but still majorly terrifying— especially with the addition of your sacred nickname. 

Fresh causes you to flinch when he brings a bony hand closer to your head, his phalanges twitching fiercely as he taps the tip of your nose, dragging his finger up the bridge of your nose and over your eyebrow, gracefully curving downward to the base of your chin, a path which an unexpected tear of fear follows, landing on Fresh's outstretched finger.

"You're scared, give up now. Go see Core. It'll all be over." Fresh speaks again, giving you chills akin to that of Nightmare's presence his voice sounded borrowed, as though he was being manipulated by a greater power. 

You shake your head, halfway an attempt dedicated to getting Fresh's finger off your face, the other half to get your opinion across, your eyes lifting solemnly to the smiling skeleton, his shades displaying the word 'RLLY', interpreted in both a questioning and sarcastic manner. 

Fresh stops again, returning to his eerily motionless state. 

If you were an idiot, you think he'd simply been thinking. But, due to your selectively perceptive senses, you could tell there was something more going on behind those shades. The way he spoke, and the way he moved, none of that spelled 'Fresh' it radiated someone else. Someone you didn't know anything about. 

You decided not to hold it against him when he was doing this, some kind of possession was obviously at work here, someone else was pulling the strings here, and by the looks of it, not in a good direction. 

Fresh pokes you in the cheek, the sharp, cold digit doesn't penetrate your skin, but you can feel your cheek pressing in on your tongue. Fresh's shades flicker out, leaving you with the darkened plastic to stare at while Fresh silently huffs through his teeth, and you sense something bad about to happen. 

"It's hard controlling two parasites." Fresh breathes out, more Fresh-like but his voice sounds weary, tired, a little broken. 

You squeeze your eyes shut when he grabs your face, the full gloved hand coming in contact with your head, pinky on your cheek, thumb on your other cheek, with his middle finger on the middle of your forehead and the other two above each eyebrow. 

"Give in, your pushing it too far. Luck doesn't last forever." Fresh's voice is more so underneath this sentence, a sense of grief in it while the other tone speaks more prominently. You shake your head, stiffer this time, eyes shut tight as you unmistakably feel Fresh's phalanges dig into your skin. 

It's not very painful at first, but you feel the pressure gradually build up as Fresh presses harder, causing your facial muscles to involuntarily twitch. Fresh doesn't let up, nor does he make any noise, and the quiet makes your skin crawl. 

Suddenly, the door busts open, and your eyes do to, spotting Lust and Epic through Fresh's fingers. The comical and cheesy faces they were previously wearing immediately harden into that of shock, sockets widening as Fresh drops your head near instantly. 

"FRESH!? WHAT THE FUCK?" Epic exclaimed, getting a sort of knowing glance from Lust as both skeletons fume, and Fresh's glasses spark back on now displaying 'OH NO'. 

"Biiiiig misunderstanding broskis! Me and the lil' buddy were umm..." Fresh trails off, imitating what looks like genuine confusion as the other two grumble amongst themselves. 

"Lil' buddy my ass." Lust growls, earning a deadpan from Epic as he gingerly hops over to the desk and pushes a button, releasing you from your restraints. 

You almost topple out of the chair, but catch yourself luckily. It's a nice feeling, getting to massage the blood back into starved tissues, and you take a moment to ignore the ongoing commotion in front of you so that you can do so. 

The skeletons bicker over your safety, it kind of cute to hear all the concern and care surrounding your name, even a few threats jut out here and there but they're all noncommittal. In fact, you hear them all go quiet at one point as you check your arms for sores, feeling three pairs of eye lights fall on you while you continue to look over yourself, looking up within a minute or so. 

They all look serious now, confident smiles fill the room while you stare at the trio with a dumbfounded expression. 

"What's all the hype for..?" 

"We're going to go save Horror!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Extreme apologies for not posting this last night! I had it pre-written and everything! But yesterday, our biblical study lasted into the later hours of the afternoon, so long we had to take a snack break. However, I ate something that apparently upset my stomach (I have no allergies wtf) and I had to go to the hospital because A; my parents overreacted when I said the world was spinning B; I think I fainted C; The doctors said they found something in my body that shouldn't have been there, so ummm yeah. Probably just food poisoning or something, the rest is kind of personal/confidential information, so I'll say it's most likely my sicknesses kicking up with the temperature changes... I'm also really thankful for the doctors agreeing to let me out early... yesterday was kind of scary but I'm glad I'm at home now, even if the chemicals inside me make me feel kind of inhuman still, but anyways, hope you can forgive me.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed! 

- De Moogus