Kindly Encounter

—Your POV—

For the second time in a row, you were running for your life.

Red's words echoed in your head, and you heard all the disagreeable mumbles of protest but Red barked something you didn't hear and that seemed to shut them all up. 

It was a tense and scary moment, running past all these metal cells muttering meaningless comforts to yourself, thinking that'd make you feel better. You didn't even pay attention to the numbers of the doors you were going past, you just ran and hid around a corner to catch your breath. 

Actually seeing the labels now, you had gone from door fifty to door 13, oh wow, great job getting closer to 203. You sighed, slumping down against door thirteen when an ominous voice made you nearly jump out of your skin. 

"Įš æńÿøńë thęrę?"

It was weird, hard to understand, but you stayed to hear any further dialogue. 

"Įf ś-śø, płęâsę ç-ç-çømę ãrøúñd tø thę śmæłł głäśś wįñdøw." 

It sounded desperate, pleading almost, and you succumbed to the pressure of the mysterious prisoner's begging, concluding you'd just pull away casually and apologize if things went wrong. 

You slowly and shyly twisted around, scanning the door for the little glass window before spotting it, and peering in towards the cell. It was a tad bit larger than a peep hole, enough to fit both eyes, and maybe toss a few marbles through if your aim was good. 

"ØH MŸ!! ÆÑ ÂDØRÄBŁĘ ÇRÉÄTÜRÊ HÄŠ GRĀÇĘD ŪŠ WĮTH ĮT'Š BĘÄÜTĮFÛŁ PRÊŠĒÑÇÊ!!" Again, choppy and kind of reverberated but this time a lot more loud and projected, the increase of noise shocking you, and the untimely compliment confusing you. 

You had no idea if that was praise, flattery, admiration, or just plain kindness. By the looks of it, this guy was not the chummy chumster he just portrayed himself to be. Nonetheless, the compliment was welcome and rather kind by your standards, so you smiled and whispered a small 'hi' in response.

The person behind the glass was odd looking to say the least... another weird melting monster with glowing eyes, one red and one purple. He looked sick almost, with a white X on his chest and a crooked smirk that sent chills down your spine. 

He kind of looked like Cross, but in an odd and distant way, so you just decided to play it safe and ignore the awkward resemblance. 

The large, inquiring eyes scanned your shy and unsure form, a nod of what seemed like understanding coming from the monster within the cage before it met your eyes again. "... Ÿøūr ñæmé îś Ÿ/ń, pręttÿ ńämė." It spoke again, the words a little clearer, and the smirk widening as your face became a little more insecure.

He knew your name just by looking at you, unsettling, but charming in an unfamiliar way. You looked at him, trying to pick out any more key details besides the glowing eyes and shocking resemblance to Cross. A few more things came with close observation, he appeared to be made of bone, looking a little like the prick at the front desk, and you concluded he was a skeleton too. 

"Mÿ ñåmę îß Gæštēr, wøüłd ÿøū bê ā dëâr æńd çhãt wìth mê?" The skeleton offered, smile returning to the more relaxed, positive, and somewhat inviting look it had before you let yourself show your uncertainty. 

Naturally, you nodded back, feeling like a break was mandatory and perhaps this strange person could help you. "Umm, sure let's chat! What do you know about this place?" You immediately got to the point for time's sake, and held back any ungodly noises when he comically put a finger and thumb to his face and raised a brow bone. 

"Æš fār ãš mÿ kńøwłędgë gøęś, thįś ïś thê ØmêgäTímêłīńë'š møśt heâvîłÿ šêçürêd príßøñ, črâwłïńg wíth gūærdš åš øf rêčêńt." Gaster explained, face twisting into a sour scowl as he waved a hand knowingly.

"Théÿ mædę ît hârdēr øń ûš prīśōńërš tøø, çûttīńg føød tímë tø ôńčē æ møńth." He near sneered, a low growl at the end of the sentence as what you assumed was his stomach made a small gurgling noise almost on cue.

However, something odd happened, Gaster shot up straight, eyes wide and a desperate look on his face. "Gø hïdë, ñœw." He instructed sharply, and you didn't get the notion at first but by the time you heard the shuffling of feet it was already too late.

Sure, now you were hidden, but it was kinda too late judging by the noises from down the hall of cells you were just in. It was just a short little dart from door 13 to behind the wall separating the first 15 cells to the next, but anyone who wasn't blind would be able to see that someone was there, even if only a blur of your rushed movements. 

Suddenly, the voice came a lot closer, prompting you to move further away, but the noise of more distant footsteps killed that idea in an instant. 

"Hey Xg~, heard you chatting with one of your crazy imaginary buds again... but they weren't really imaginary, were they?" The voice was slick and cool, words sliding off the tongue of the speaker like a buttered stone. It'd have been nice to listen to, if there wasn't a chance that this very voice could be the last one you heard before the childish yet distant voice of Core hit your ears again. 

Slowly, you snuck around the corner, ignoring the sounds of anything approaching and darting down into the next row of cells, freezing when you heard the same voice ring out once more. 

"Hmph, that's too bad then, I'll move on to the next row, toodles~"

~~~~~~~~~~

If there's one thing I have to say about this chapter, it's that autocorrect gave me flipping hell. Making legit anything I typed out for Gaster to say all stupid and shit. I considered putting in some Wingdings, but I was like 'hell no too complicated' and just fucked with the letters. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

- De Moogus