Fallen

Natasha was slammed to the ground. She pushed herself up and panted as blood dripped from her head and nose. She chuckled and looked at her slightly as she pulled herself up.

"I-is that all you got-" Wanda lifted her and threw her into a metal wall. Natasha cried out and held her side as she stared at the ground. She wasn't healing fast enough.

She got up but stumbled. Wanda walked towards her and lifted her up with magic. "Madam Hydra told me about you... you were her best mindless soldier."

Natasha glared at her until Wanda slammed her to the ground over and over and over again. Natasha couldn't breathe. She pulled herself away before she stumbled herself. She pressed a distress signal on her uniform as she dragged herself away from Wanda.

"She said she wished she could've kept you as a toy for her doing. You proved better results than that of the winter soldier." Wanda said as she kicked her to the ground.

"I... I am not... I am not..." she cried out in our agony when Wanda stabbed her with stray metal in the side. Natasha breathed heavily as she stared at the now blurry ceiling.

"You keep thinking that..."

As Wanda lifted her up one more time and slammed her into the concrete ground. A gun fired and a bullet hit Wanda in the arm.

She cried out and looked to the side. Clara was standing there, with a gun in her hands. She fired again, hitting Wanda in the leg. Wanda glared at Clara.

"Oh agent Carter..." she raised her hand made a fire start. Clara's eyes widened.

"For that... you will die with the captain." Wanda then disappeared.

Clara tossed her gun to the side and immediately rushed over to Natasha who was covered in injuries. She was bleeding, and barely conscious.

"C-captain..." Clara badly could get out. Natasha tried to get up but stumbled. "Get... get out of here..." Natasha said in a pained groan.

"No!" Clara said before Natasha grabbed her arm. "AGENT CARTER! T-That's an order!"

"Fuck your orders!" Clara said. "You are Captain America! We need you, the world needs you, I need you! I am not going to let you die in this inferno! So shut the hell up and let me help you! Please!" Clara begged as she turned Natasha's face towards her.

Natasha stared at her. She looked down and nodded. "Thank you!" Clara said with relief. She then helped Natasha up to the best of her abilities. The two tries to get to the exit.

Natasha being 6'0 and 230 pounds made it extremely difficult for the 5'7 and 125 pound agent to bring her towards this exit.

Natasha tried to help, but couldn't move without Clara's help.

The two made it to the exit but realized it was blocked by debris. Natasha then fell to the ground and wasn't able to move. Clara teared up as the flames got closer. Clara pulled Natasha away from the flames and towards her in a corner of the building.

Clara held natasha close to her. Natasha's eyes were barely open as she gripped Clara's wrist. "I-I'm sorry..."

Clara just leaned her head again the captains and shook her head. "Don't say that... you did enough."

Natashas grip on Clara's wrist became weak and she fell unconscious. Clara was struggling to breathe with the smoke when suddenly a portal opened in front of them.

In came running a creature that looked almost identical to Venom. It brought them outside of the building in the light and fresh air.

The symbiote who rescued them laid Natahsa on the ground as firefighters and EMTs rushed over. Natasha was immediately give oxygen, and was immediately put into the ambulance.

"Scarlet!" A man yelled. A young man who was opening the portals. "Head back to the sanctum! Strange  needs you! We got it from here!"

Clara was put into the ambulance with Natasha and was given oxygen as then had to restart Natasha's heart. Clara's heart broke seeing this.  This woman who puts her life on the line was taking the abuse from Wanda as a stalling technique. To let agents find a way out, to let Maria get far away enough with the tesseract.... To let her get away.

Natasha's heart monitor started to beep as they sent the final shock to her heart. Clara felt herself relax at the sound of her heart. She just teared up and have thanks for her friend coming back to life.

Eventually Natasha was given surgery, and then was placed in a room. Clara was cleared, but she chose to sit by Natashas side.

The captain was still hooked to oxygen machines, IV, etc. everything that was needed to keep someone alive. Clara changed the cool towels on her forehead with care.

She was the first guard to ever stick this long by her side. Clara replayed the moment where Natasha started to stop breathing. It haunted her mind as she looked at her. 

Natasha was prepared to die alone, but didn't anticipate her guard coming back for her. No one ever did.

Clara simply held her hand and rubbed her bruised knuckles. "I won't let you be alone, Captain. You won't have to do things like that alone again."

As she says that the door opened. She turned and saw Sam Wilson, ex Captain America and now the president, and Bucky Barnes, the white wolf now also First Gentlemen.

The two rushed over to their daughter before she could say anything. Sam was tearing up as he looked at her. He kissed her head and held her hands. Bucky did the same. Sam looked over at Clara with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"Are you the one who stuck by her... I believe you're  Agent Carter?" Sam said as he sat down.

"Yes sir. I am your daughters body guard." She said proudly. Bucky looked at her with a slight smile.

"We've heard a lot about you."