Framed

The next day, Natasha left Clara's apartment before she woke up. They both had a meeting to be at with the deputy that morning, so she would thank her then.

She also had to get into her uniform.

The captain ended up walking to her apartment. She groaned in annoyance as she walked out of the apartment, realizing her bike was gone. "Damn it..."

She really liked that bike...

She sighed and decided to start walking. As she walked she saw a car slow and drove beides her. The window rolled down and there was Clara.

"You know Captain it's rather rude to leave at spending the night at my apartment without saying goodbye." She said as she stopped.

Natasha put her hands on her hips and looked at her. "I figured I'd let you sleep in, and I would go get my uniform and without disturbing you."

"And were you planning on walking to SHIELD? In the cold..." Clara said as she raised a brow.

Natasha just turned her head. "Captain."

"Yes Carter."

"Get in the car."

Natasha stood there in a moment and sighed. "Fine."

Clara parked at the headquarters and the two went in. The moment they walked in, natahsa noticed Oliver looking annoyed by her walking in. Natasha frowned and took a seat.

Oliver went over to Clara. He chatted with her for a bit before she went to sit down next to Natasha.

The deputy walked in. "Alright agents. The medical report has been released." He passed everyone a file.

Natasha and Clara went through the files they received. "Oliver will be going through the details of the Directors attack in his file."

Oliver stood up and headed to the front of the room. "Before I go over the details, we actually have evidence of a suspect who attacked the Director." He said as he placed his file on the table.

"Captain."

Natasha slowly looked at him. "Excuse me?"

"Where were you when the Director was attacked?" He asked seriously. Natasha chuckled in disbelief, she shook her head. "Why?"

"Because you are the prime suspect in this case." He said raising his voice. He pushed an iPad towards her. She looked at him and paused.

He had cuts and scratches around his left eye. She stood up and looked at the injuries. Oliver for the first time the two met, he knew he messed up.

Natasha opened the file. "Glass found in wounds in hand... found broken award on ground on scene. Unknown traces of blood were found on the glass.. most likely from attacker..." she looked at Oliver and gripped the file.

"You have glass cuts on your face..." Natasha said as she lowered her file. She looked at the director. "Was the other blood matched?"

"No."

"Why?"

"I requested that it wouldn't be needed, Oliver hurt himself in an unrelated incident. And you still haven't told us where you were." The deputy said getting frustrated.

"She was with me. After I left him to go help the captain at her apartment." Clara said as she slowly stood. Her eyes were dark as she looked at Oliver.

"And then an hour after I left, we got the distress signal." Clara said. Oliver sighed as he looked at the deputy.

The deputy nodded and closed the door, locking it.