Threat

Natasha finds herself going through the files that were on Maria's desk top. She was back at her apartment. She was trying to focus but her mind kept going back to the state she found Maria in.

She just closed the files and looked at Clara who was sitting next to her. "I'm going to see Maria."

Clara looks at her. "Want me to come with you?"

"Yes... I can't risk you getting hurt too." Natahsa said as she pulled her jacket on. Clara looked at Natasha.... Recognizing the walls being put up once again.

The captain was angry.

No... she was livid.

Maria was the mother figure in her life. She was one of the very few people she trusted with her life. Maria was the one woman in her life who took care of her, the complete contrast of Madam Hydra... the only other woman in her life that had such an impact on her growing up.

Maria gave Natasha a home, purpose, mission, and a mother. Natahsa couldn't lose her.

The two went to the hospital. Natasha leaned against the wall on the other side of the room... as if standing guard.

Clara was sitting by the bedside. Clara glanced at Natasha. Clara noticed she was carrying her gun in her upper body holster.

"Captain."

"Yes Carter."

"Are you okay?"

Natasha didn't say anything. Clara saw Natasha's gaze slightly turn towards the director. Small tears pricked her eyes as she stared blankly.

"I can't lose her..."

Clara stood up and walked over to her and touched her arm. "You won't."

"And how do you know?" Natasha said meeting Clara's gaze. Clara didn't know...

"I don't know... but I know she is strong, and will fight through this." Clara said seriously. Natasha sighed and clenched her fists.

"She is."

Maria now had a secret service detail that had a guest list that was approved by the president, and the president only. Maria was one of Sam's closest friends and he wasn't going to have anymore threats try and take her out.

As Clara sat by Maria again, she sighed. "Did you find anything in the files."

"There was a lot of files on the possible suspects for spies, and there was like 10 of them." She said as she decided to walk over to Maria.

She stood by her looking at Maria, when she noticed cuts on her hands. Natasha carefully held her hand. "Hm..."

Natasha ended up going into a meeting with the current deputy director.  A man who looked as if he had secrets behind his words.

She noticed that every agent that was under suspicion for being a spy was here. Natasha even saw Oliver.

He was talking to Clara in the back of the room. She watched the two slightly.

Oliver met her glance slightly. Natasha didn't turn away.

He just looked back at Clara with a smile.

The new deputy stood in front of the room.

"Agents, take your seats. I know it is a frustrating time. But we are here to keep moving forward. Reports detailing the directors attack will be released later this week." The deputy said.

Natasha sat back in her chair as Clara sat next to her.

Natasha felt as if something was missing. How did they not have an idea of who hurt Maria. "How do you not have any evidence yet..."
Natahsa said.

"What type of evidence, Captain?"

"Footage... blood... sign in stations?" Natasha said.

"It's all unable to use."

"Bullshit." Natasha mumbled as Clara smacked her leg.

"What did you say Captain?"

Natasha sighed and looked at the deputy. "Bullshit. That's what I said. It's hard to believe that an office like the directors is so easily accessed by someone? Agents without certain clearances are not able to get up there." Natasha said with frustration.

"Captain, I understand. We are looking for evidence, but... I've already said my piece. Oliver is in charge of the team to protect the director, working in cooperation with Secret Service." The deputy said with a slight smirk.

Natasha frowned and got up. "Wonderful... I'll be busy." She headed out. Clara attempted to follow her but got held back by the team.

Natasha sighed as she got on her bike. She pulled out her phone and called Sam. "Yes?"
He said.

"Can I bring some files of agents to see if they're in the SHIELD database?" She said as she saw Oliver walking towards her.

"Of course I can."

"Thank you... I gotta go." She said quickly before she hung up. She started to put her helmet on.

"Captain." Oliver said.

She looked at him through her visor. He stopped in front of her. "I plan on taking Clara on a date tonight, any ideas where to take her?"  Natasha frowned and searched for her keys.

"I'm sure you can figure it out, since you're so smart." Natasha said.

"Captain... I wouldn't get snappy with me." He said. Natasha looked at him.

"I've received a promotion. I have the same clearance as you. So..." Natasha stood up and looked down at him.

"Just because we have the same clearance doesn't mean, we are on the same level. I don't trust you... never did. Everything you say has a lie behind it and I know." She said.

He looked at her and just smirked. "I don't care.... You don't have anything. Anyways....  I might take Clara to that Italian restaurant downtown. I'll tell her you recommended it." He waved and started to walk back inside.

"Oh and Captain!" He said as he paused.

Natasha glared at him.

"Don't get too close to the deep end, cause you will drown." He said as he continued inside.

Natasha clenched her fists and got on her bike. She started it and drove to the White House.

"Ms. Natasha." Secret service said.

"It's Captain." She said as she walked down to her father's office with the files in hand.

She was cracking this no matter what.