Snow

That night, Clara helped Natasha to the bedroom. Natasha laid on the bed and relaxed almost instantly. "One of the positives of life right now..." she mumbled to herself.

Clara handed her a blanket. "Well... I'll be in the living room. You rest up." Clara said as she started to leave.

Natasha grabbed her wrist which caused Clara to stop. She turned and looked at the Captain. "Captain?"

Natasha immediately let go of her wrist. "I'm sorry- just... Goodnight." She said with a tired expression and laid down.

Clara looked a bit confused but nodded and left the room and headed out to the living room. She laid down on the couch and closed her eyes as she finally was able to get some sort of decent sleep.

Clara woke up to the sound of glass shattering in Natasha's room. Clara got up carefully and opened the doors.

Natasha was sitting on the floor holding her head. Clara stepped towards her up Natasha raised a hand at her. The blonde stopped and looked at the captain.

"Please don't get too close...." Natasha said quietly.

Clara listened and sat by the door silently. "Are you okay?"

"Somewhat... Zima's fighting me..." Natasha said as she gripped her hair. Clara simply listened to Natasha.

"Tell... tell me about Zima." Clara said. Natasha stayed silent for a few moments before she took a deep breath.

"Zima... became real when I lost control of me. She is an assassin, her and I fight a lot." Natasha said keeping her head low. Natasha winced and teared up.

Clara slowly got up and walked over to her. "Zima is just as scared as you, Captain." She knelt down in front of Natasha.

Natasha looked at her slowly. "You just need to understand you two were both manipulated by an organization who saw you both as a weapon." Natasha looked at Clara shocked.

Most would after with her that Zima was the problem, but... sure never heard it put like this. "I've never heard it like that." Natasha said.

"Strange." Clara said as she helped her up and sat her on the bed. "The glass..." Natasha said.
"We will worry about it tomorrow. We are going to sleep." Clara said as she walked to the other side of the bed.

Natasha looked hesitant.

"Isn't that why you grabbed my arm earlier?" Clara asked.

"Yeah... but I don't want you to feel forced." Natasha said in response.

"Natasha."

Natasha paused when she heard Clara say her name. She looked at her surprised. "Im not being forced. I chose to come in here... don't feel like your forcing someone when all you want is some company. I understand that... trust me." Clara said.

Natasha sighed and laid down. Natasha laid with her back to Clara. Clara laid down looking at the ceiling. She glanced out the window where she saw snow fall gently.

"We'll be home soon Captain... I promise."

Natasha just nodded slightly. She was already falling asleep. She finally felt safe.

The next morning, Clara woke up after Natasha. She looked and saw the bed empty. She sat up slowly and heard some noise in the living room.

Natasha was in her gear sitting by the fire sipping water. "Feeling better?" Clara said with a soft smile.

Natasha looked at her and nodded. "Much better. Thank you." She said as she stood and handed her a cup of water.

Clara happily took it and sipped on it a bit as Natasha looked out the window. She noticed it wasn't snowing.

"Did you ever sent out a distress signal?" Natasha asked Clara. "I did the night we got here." Natasha nodded and looked at her.

"Get into your gear. We should be expecting a helicopter today, and or company." She said as she grabbed her gun.

Clara nodded. As she started to leave...

"Agent..." Natasha said. Clara turned and looked at her. "Yes, Captain?"

"Thank you." Natasha said as she looked out the window. Clara smiled softly to herself.

"No need to thank me."

Natasha didn't hear a helicopter. "Carter!" She said as she grabbed her backpack. She was done being here.

"Yes Captain?" Clara said as she came out. It was now nighttime at this point. She saw Natasha holding her backpack.

"We're heading out. We can't sit here anymore..." Natasha said as she put her half face mask on. Clara nodded as she grabbed her backpack and put the fire out.

Natasha and her trek into the snow. The two needed to get out of there since they were becoming sitting ducks. As they dragged themselves through the snow, they heard an explosion behind them.

The house had been blown up. The two looked at each other knowing it was a good decision to get out of there, so... they kept going.

As the two continued through the snow. Natasha paused and turned to check on Clara. Clara caught up a bit afterwards. "You okay?" Natasha asked.

Clara nodded a bit as she sighed. "This is exhausting..."

"That it is." Natasha said as she put her hand on her gun. Clara noticed. The captain heard something.  Natasha gently pulled Clara more towards her as she looked around.

Natasha spun around and aimed her gun and fired. She Shot a Hydra agent. "We need to get out of here faster... this guy was a locator." Natasha said as she to Clara's bag to carry it for her.

"Stay in front of me." The captain said. Clara simply complied and stayed in front of Natasha with her shock bracelets ready for anything.

The two of them were just looking for a little town, with a phone, so they can call for a rescue.

Clara started to realize she was starting to get really cold. She tried to hide it, but Natasha noticed.

"Carter?"

"Yes,  Captain?

"I promise I'll find you somewhere warm. I know it's cold... but we'll find something soon." Natasha said reassuring her.

"I know you will..."