Self Control

Clara sat in her room. The windows were completely blocked out, and the light was a candle. The only light allowed in each room.

She was finally getting proper treatment by Stephen. He tied off the gauze. "You're all good now. Thankfully your leg was set back really well so you should be good pretty soon." He said as he took his gloves off.

"Thank you..." she said softly.

"You seem really close to the captain." He said. She looked at him as he said that. She chuckled and leaned her head back.

"Yeah..." she said as she thought back to Natasha holding the roof over their heads. "... she's a good person."

Stephen nodded with a soft smile. "You're the only agent I've heard say that." He said as he saw a light on downstairs.

"Guess she's either scheming or training." He said as he stood there. Clara winced softly as she tried to get herself up and out of the bed.

"Cla-"

Clara pulled herself up and limped over to the doorway and down the stairs slowly.

Natahsa panted as she took a seat on the floor. She was in a beat up training gym. She held her head as Zima yelled at her to let her out.

She thought of her father in the hands of Hydra, and how the world was going to shit right now. It was all overwhelming, cause the world was looking to Captain America for answers, for a rescue.

She just got up and continued to train. She punched the bag when her mind flashed back to the girl she loved in Hydra.

Again, she tried to push those memories as far down and away from her as possible. She couldn't escape it. No matter how hard she would try.

She punched the bag and broke it as she saw someone appear in her peripheral. She turned and saw Clara standing there.

"Captain?"

Natasha just looked at Clara. She couldn't lose her. She was realizing that, but she knew that for awhile. Natasha just walked over to her and hugged her tightly. Clara was stunned. She paused a bit and hugged the captain back.

"Natasha?"

"I'm okay Clara." Natasha said with a soft smile as she pulled away. "You need to be resting." Natasha said motioning to her leg.

"I'll be fine. You of all people need to be resting. At least go take a shower." Clara said with a chuckle.

"I can do that. I should do that." Natasha said she realized her hair was still in a shitty cut. Clara noticed.

"Your hair?"

"I cut it cause John grabbed it."

Clara touched her hair slightly. "Want me to fix it up?"

Natasha smiled slightly and nodded. "I'd like that."

Oliver walked into the new Hydra base. He was in charge of it now. He was now third in command to Madam Hydra.

Let's just say he loved being in command. He was tasked with killing the captain. This task was given to him by madam, so...

He was going to do it.

He walked down the hall with his entourage of assistance as he watched new agents get trained. "These agents are fresh into their training." A young agent said .

Oliver shook his head. "They're sloppy..." he sighed and looked at her. "Show me your most ruthless..."

"Most ruthless sir? Who is your target?" She said confused.

"Zima." He said quickly as he looked at her.

"Oh. Understood. Follow me."

They ended up going two levels down, to the more secure sector of the Hydra agency. He walked in behind her and was presented three agents.

He looked at them as they stood in front of them. "What have they achieved?" He said as his gaze drifted to the young woman talking him through everything.

"They have taken out navy seal groups, they've infiltrated governments, but they're too aggressive to have active anymore. They're actually suppose for be exterminated soon." She said.

The guards holding them in place looked like they were struggling. "I'll be sending them." He said. They were what he needed.

Unpredictable factors that'll push Natasha's hand. Suddenly as the aggressive and mindless agents were being put back into their cells one slammed the guards into the wall.

They rushed Oliver. He got slammed to the ground. The wind got knocked out him simply due to the sheer power these agents had. He pressed a pressure point and the agent fell to the ground asleep.

His team helped him up as he caught his breath. His mind flashed back to when the captain slammed him into the wall. It was the exact same... no.. she had more power than this sad excuse of a super soldier.

He groaned as he looked at his team. "They won't be enough..."

"They won't!?" The girl said.

"The captain is strong... especially when she's been angered." He said as he rubbed the bruises on his neck from his encounter with her.

"You might need an army to deal with her."

Natasha sat on the floor as Clara cut her hair. Natasha was flipping a knife around in her hands. She was zoned out as she felt the clippers go around her hair.

"Alright. All done." Clara said as she turned the clippers off. "Look at me?" Clara said.

Natasha turned and looked at her. Clara messed with it a bit and nodded. "Perfect."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Go look." Clara said. Natasha got up as she put her knife of the table. She looked at her hair in the mirror.

"Impressive." Natasha said running her fingers through her hair.

"Short hair suits you really well."

Natasha agreed. She liked being able to feel her head and with it.

"You did a good job. Thank you." Natasha says as she turned the bathroom light off and walked over to her.

Clara smiled a bit as she walked over and messed with her hair again. Natasha let her. Clara suddenly paused as she felt herself blush.

"I need to-"

She winced and stumbled. Natasha caught her and pulled her close. "You okay?" Natasha asked in the most gentle tone Clara had ever heard.

It made her melt.

Clara looked up at the captain. The two stayed like that. Clara gently touched the captains face, as if testing the waters. Natasha let her.

Clara was the only person Natasha let do this. The captain cared too much for this agent. Natasha sighed and put her forehead against Clara's.

Natasha may have fallen for her agent... but she couldn't go further.

She wouldn't let herself.

Natasha pulled away and helped her sit down. "I'll be back. Get some rest."

Clara sat there. She watched the captain walk out, she felt her heart racing and just gripped her blankets.

Natasha stood outside and held her head.

"Damn it..."