Comfort

Clara started to fight this agent who had another knife. She blocked swing and kicked them into the wall.

The agent lunged at her pushing her to the ground. Clara gun fell out of her hand. Clara winced as this agent started to choke her.

She activated her shock brackets and shoved them into the agents neck.  The agent only flinched but Clara then punched her in the face.

She pulled out her knife and flipped it as she swung at the assailant. The two had a battle of knives. Clara's cheek got cut by a knife but Clara got the agent in the arm as she dove for her gun.

She spun around and was about to shoot when another agent appeared and kicked her to the ground. She cried out and winced as she saw her back up gun in a box.

She grabbed it shot them both. The two fell to the ground but then got up... and then jumped out the window.

Clara stood up stumbling. "Goodness..." she grabbed her phone.

"Hello?" She said. She didn't hear anything. She looked at her phone and called Natasha again but didn't get an answer.

Clara Just sighed and tossed her phone on the couch. She started to put her gun back in its box, a knock sounded at the door.

Clara glanced at the door and then gripped her gun and walked over to the door. She took a deep breath and then opened it aiming her gun.

"Carter!"

Clara lowered her gun. "Captain..."

Natasha walked in and turned the light on. "Are you okay? Who broke in?" Natasha said looking at her with worry written all over her face.

"Yeah.. yeah I'm Fine. Hydra agents broke in." Clara said as she put her gun on the counter and sat on the couch.

Natasha knelt down in front of her and saw the cut on her neck, and the bruises that were appearing on her neck. "Are you okay?"

Clara Just met the captains eyes. She didn't honestly, all she was sure of was that she was tired.

"Sure."

Natasha knew not to push. "Alright... well, I can help you clean up some of this glass." She said calmly.

Clara just nodded and started to clean.

The two cleaned for a couple hours. Around 10 pm, the two finally finished. Clara had gotten changed into comfy clothes. "Well... I'll let you be."

Clara watched her as she started to leave. Clara felt scared and didn't want Natasha to leave, but she didn't want to feel like a burden.

"Oh! Um... Goodnight Then!" She said trying to hide the shake in her voice. Natasha though, caught it as she grabbed the door handle .

She recognized that fear. Natasha dealt with it a long time ago, when she felt as if her fears were not important.

"Actually..." Natasha said as she let go of the door handle .

"I don't think it's safe for me to leave you here." She said as she put her motorcycle helmet on the counter. Clara felt herself tear up in happiness. "It's probably for the best if I stay the night. Is that okay with you?" Natasha asked with the smallest smile.

Clara simply walked over to her and hugged her. She started tearing up. Natasha was hesitant, but just hugged her tightly. "I gotcha..."

The next morning, Clara woke up slowly. She sat up slightly and rubbed her eyes as she looked around.

She saw Natasha asleep on the couch next to her. Clara realized she had fallen asleep against the Captain.

She nearly jumped through the ceiling with how fast she got up.

Natasha was asleep. Clara looked around, but flinched when she saw Natasha starting to wake up. She ran to the kitchen and started to make some breakfast, but proceeded to slip.

"Ow..." she said to herself as Natasha stood up and stretched.

Natasha stretched as she walked over to the kitchen. "You alright there, Carter?" Natasha said with a smirk.

Clara looked at her as she popped up. "Yes. Yes I am fine, thank you very much." She said as she opened the fridge and pulled out some eggs.

Suddenly Natasha walked over to her. "Carter go relax, I'll make you some food okay?" Clara looked at her as Natasha took the eggs from her carefully and walked over to the stove.

Clara just sat on the barstools and watched her cook. The two were silent.

"Thank you." Clara said.

Natasha glanced at her as she started to cook. "For what?"

"For staying the night." She said.

"No need to thank me. It was the least I could do." Natasha said as she handed her a plate of scrambled eggs and some fruit.

"And I'm sorry for falling asleep on you." Clara followed up. Natasha just chuckled.

"No need to apologize for that. You got sleep right?"

Clara nodded.

"Good. That's all that matters." Natasha said as she sipped on a cup of coffee.  She handed clara a cup of tea.

"Now. Relax. Then I'll be out of your hair and I'll be heading to headquarters. We have a big mission coming up, and I have a file here for you soon." Natasha said she ate some of the extra food she made.

Clara nodded as she ate. She noticed the chain around Natasha's neck. She caught herself and then basically inhaled her food and went to wash her dishes.

"Alright! Well! I'll see you at the office." She said as she headed to her room. Natasha finished up her food and washed her dish and nodded.

"See yah at the office." She said as she pulled her jacket on. She grabbed her helmet and headed out.

Clara just got her uniform ready. And sighed.

She thought back to the agents she saw the night before. They looked soulless in their eyes, and moved like puppets. She cringed at thinking about the things they went through.

But the one thing they confused her, is how Natasha was once one of those agents.