To Say Thank You

Anthony took his mask off as he stepped into his office. He jumped when he saw Natasha sitting there.

"Holy shit captain- fucking scary..." he said as he took his cap off and sat down in his chair. She frowned at that. She didn't like being called scary.

She just put the file on his desk. "Sorry... well. You're on my strike team. In case things go bad, you're the last line of defense with me, Clara, Kylo and Mina." She said as she stood.

"Got it..."

"Any questions?" She asked as she fixed her hoodie.

"Nope. Just... will there be training?" Anthony asked as he put the file in his safe.

"Yes. I'll be conducting it." She said as she opened the door.

"Wonderful." He mumbled.

"See you doctor." She left after that.

Natasha now had to go tell Clara. Natasha sighed. She was back in her gear since Clara was at HQ.

She walked back over to the training room where she saw Clara training more rookies. She slammed one to the ground.

"Sloppy hand movements." Clara said as she helped them up.

"Keep elbows close and strike hard and fast, not slow and hard." She said as she saw her rookies all staring at the captain who was walking in.

"Captain?" Clara said with worry on her face. Natasha looked at her. "Sorry for interrupting, but may I speak to you outside for a moment?" Natasha asked. Clara smiled a bit and nodded.

"Rookies, you may take a break."

"A strike team?" Clara said surprised as she looked through the file.

"Yes. And you're the co-commander of this team." Natasha said looking at her. Clara looked at her surprised.

"Oh, why thank you Captain." Clara said with a smile. Natasha nodded.

"Well, I'll be heading home. I'm done for the day." Natasha said tiredly. "So you need a ride home tonight?" The captain asked afterwards.

"Oh no. I'm good, I'm taking the bus tonight." Clara said. Natasha heard her and nodded slightly.

"Alright. Then, I'll see you tomorrow for the mission training." Natahsa said.

"Sounds good, Captain." Clara said with a soft smile. Natasha smiled ever so slightly and waved as she walked over. Clara chuckled a bit as she walked back into her training session.

Natasha didn't necessarily go home right away. She stopped at a biking shop to pick something up.

She got a blue helmet  custom made for Clara. It wasn't safe for either one of them not wearing a helmet. Natasha was pretty happy with the helmet. She picked a little Daisy design to be on the helmet.

It was perfect. 

When Natasha left the shop, she noticed it was raining. Natasha knew Clara would be waiting at the bus stop, and well... the buses would be late due to the rain.

Natasha just pulled out her phone and texted her.

Natasha: coming to pick you up. I have a gift for you.

Clara: oh thank you! I was regretting saying no. A gift ?! That wasn't necessary but thank you ^_^

Natasha: I'll be there in five. You'll like it

Natasha pulled her on helmet on, and drive down to the bus stop. Natasha parked and Clara came running over. Natasha parked under something (kinda), so she could properly give Clara her gift.

"Captain!" Clara said with a chuckle as she ran through. "Thank you for the rescue!"

Natasha took her helmet off and chuckled. "No problem. I'd rather you get home faster than later when it's raining."

Clara chuckled. "Thank you for the concern."

Natasha smiled a bit. "Her closer your eyes. I gotta put your gift on you." Clara smiled a bit and closed her eyes.

"You don't need to get me gifts Captain."

"This one is necessary." Natasha said as gently pulled the blue helmet over her head. It was perfect.

"Alright. Open your eyes." Natasha said as she held her phone to he as a mirror. Clara opened her eyes and gasped slightly as she saw the blue helmet.

Clara held Natasha's phone as she looked. "It's amazing!" She said as Natasha pulled her helmet on.

"I'm glad you like it." Natasha said as she looked at the glittering eyes of Clara, who was just so thankful.

"I love it." She said a chuckle.

Natasha just smiled at that. "Good. Get on and I'll drop you off at home." Clara just smiled and got on, happily showing off her new helmet.

Natasha rushed off and headed down to Clara's apartment complex. Clara held onto the captain, and for once, was pleased the captain couldn't see her face.

Because, on her face was only the biggest smile she thought was embarrassing. Eventually Natasha parked in front and helped her off of her bike.

"Hope you like the helmet." Natasha said with a chuckle as she lifted up her visor and looked at the blonde. Clara pulled her helmet off and smiled a bit.

"I love it. It's also in my favorite color, so a plus." Clara said as she stood in front of the captain who was now sitting on her bike again.

"Good. It was a way to quell your fears of me not wearing a helmet, and a thank you for taking care of me." Natasha said as the rain fell around them.

"Well, I'm glad you listened to me. Can have you getting a concussion, and ... it's the least I can do." Clara smiled softly.

"See you tomorrow for training, Captain."

"See you." Natasha said as she watched her go inside. Just as a precautionary measure before racing away.

Natasha started her bike and pulled her visor down.

Natasha got home and parked her bike outside. She sighed softly as she thought back briefly to the smile that covered Clara's face. Her eyes lit up when she received the helmet from Natasha. It was a look of excitement and relief.

Natasha pulled her helmet off and smiled slightly to herself.

She realized as well, she took care of herself by wearing her helmet.