Wishful Thinking

Clara and Natasha ended up going out to lunch. Natasha was a tad bit quieter than Clara was used to.

She looked out the window and watched the snow start to fall a bit faster than earlier. Natasha messed with her hands. "Why'd you come drag me out of my apartment..." natahsa suddenly said.

Clara turned the woman in front of her who was now chatting with her. "I didn't want you rotting away in your apartment, Captain." Clara said teasing her.

Natasha nodded a she looked at her hands. "Thank you for that... I think I was starting to rot away in there." She said as she looked up at Clara.

Clara smiled and chuckled. "No problem, Captain."

Natahsa ended up siting with her for lunch. The captain felt uneasy as she felt Zima fighting her.

Natasha sipped on her coffee as she held her head. Natahsa was slipping when Clara reached over and held her hand. Natasha panicked and ranked her hand away as she snapped back to reality.

Natasha looked at Clara horrified. Clara had a confused look on her face. "You okay? I called you a couple times." Clara said.

Natasha stood up and put five dollars on the table. "I'll see you later. I forgot I have an appointment." She pulled her hood on and ran out of the cafe.

Clara sighed and just stayed there. Suddenly as she was about to leave someone sat across from her. "Hi!" He said with a smile.

She looked at him. "Hi?"

"Don't mind me. I'm bored, and kinda got stood up, and I couldn't help but notice your date rushed off." He said curiously.

"She wasn't a date." Clara confirmed.

"Then, this is much easier." He extended his hand to her and smiled. "My name is Oliver, nice to meet you." She was hesitant but relaxed slightly.

She chuckled and extended her hand and shook his. "Nice to meet you Oliver, I'm Clara."

Natasha got a ride to the White House. She had called her dad's secret service to come get her. And well... they did.

She got to the White House and peeked into the Oval Office. He typed away on his computer. He glanced up and saw his daughter looking at him.

"Yes Captain?" He said as he closed his computer.

She walked in looking as if she was going to cry. Sam got up and rushed over to her side. "What's wrong honey?" He said as she suddenly hugged him.

He was stunned but hugged her tightly and held her head. She held onto him. He just sat down with her and kept her close. He knew the run in with Hydra messed her up... he was just waiting for her to tell him.

They stayed like that for a few hours. Bucky ended up making his way over after secret service had called him. He walked in carefully and saw the two.

Sam looked at him tiredly. "Hey..."

"Hey..." Bucky said as he sat on the coffee table across from them. He rubbed his daughter's back. He knew what was wrong... he had been through it himself.

As Bucky stood up Natasha sat up. Bucky looked at her. She looked at him darkly.

Bucky's eyes widened as she as tackled to the ground. Natasha's eyes were blank. Bucky winced as he saw Zima.

"Bucky!" Sam said.

Bucky grabbed her arms and pinned her down. He put his knee on her back. "Stay back Sam!" Bucky kept her down.

"Natasha!" Bucky yelled. Zima struggled but started to calm down.

"Natasha fight her..." he said seriously. After a few moments Natasha was back.

She groaned in pain as he got off of her. She teared up again and held her head. "Shit... shit..." she said as she stood up and looked at Bucky.

"I-I'm sorry!" She said panicked. She remembered she was at the White House. She looked at Sam and just held her head and gripped her hair.

Bucky was going to help her up, but she motioned him to stop. She hurt him...

That was all that was going through. She got up and wiped her tears quickly.  "I thought I could get help here... but I'm just dangerous apparently."

"No you're not Natasha-"

"Stop! I just tackled you to the ground." Natasha snapped. She didn't know what else to do. Bucky stopped talking as he looked at her.

"I... Zima is becoming more of a problem." She said.

All the progress.

All the work.

Everything she did to put herself back together was just unraveled. It left her in pieces, just like when she was younger.

It took years to put her back together. It took years of training, learning, and acceptance of herself to put the monster inside of her away.

Bucky looked at Sam. They didn't know what to do now... when she was younger it was easier to tell her what to do. Now she is a grown woman... for fuck sake she's Captain America.

Bucky stepped towards her but she backed up and started to walk out. "Natasha!"

She shook her head and ran out of the White House. She ended up walking in the snow. Her hands in her pockets.

She ended up sitting on a bench outside just... there. Snow accumulated on her shoulders and head when someone stopped in front of her. Natasha didn't even look up.

"Why are you sitting here?" A voice said. Natasha shivered slightly when the person knelt down in front of her. Natasha met their gaze.

It was Clara.

"Why are you still out here..." Natasha said.

"Oh be quiet. You are in no position to tell me that." Clara said as she took Natasha's hand into hers. Her hands were freezing.

"Captain! You're going to kill yourself sitting out here in these temperatures like this!" Clara said a she took off her jacket and wrapped her in it.

"That's the plan... but..." Natasha sighed. "... my body won't let me. Cursed super serum."

Clara teared up at that phrase. She simply just wrapped her arms around the woman in front of her who was torn to pieces.

Natasha felt the tears blur vision.

"Come on Captain... let's get you somewhere warm."