Angered Spirit

"Test that theory?" Fallon said.

Bucky nodded. "Yep..." Fallon sensed a shift in the room.

Bucky looked up slightly. Fallon frowned as he noticed there was no light in his eyes. Bucky chuckled a bit.

It sent shivers down Fallons spine. This was not the man he was speaking to a second ago. "You know who the winter soldier is? Right?" Bucky asked.

Fallon immediately attempted to attack Bucky. But when the table broke, he saw Bucky was gone. He flinched when he felt a gun placed at the base of his neck.

Fallons eyes widened.

"A blind spot." Bucky said. Fallon turned towards Bucky, but the winter soldier had punched him square in the face.

Fallon hit the floor hard. His vision was blurry as he saw Bucky walking towards him. "Must be terrifying..."

Bucky covered Fallons eyes as he put the gun against his head. "... to sit there and know your life handed in the balance of a man who's been wronged."

Fallon didn't dare move.

"Are you going to kill me?" Fallon asked.

"Yes." Before Bucky could fire the gun, Fallon kicked him off and manipulated his gun throwing it away from them.

Bucky wasn't phased. The winter soldier had a stronger grip at this moment. Fallon manipulated Bucky and slammed him into the wall.

Bucky winced as he glared at Bucky. "You... are a pain..."

Bucky winced as Fallon put more pressure on the man. "I won't kill you yet..." Fallon said quietly.

"I want your daughter to see..."

Bucky didn't change his stance. Fallon threw him into the wall completely opposing them.
Bucky cringed as he hit the ground. "Have a wonderful evening... Mr. Barnes."

Fallon left.

Bucky winced as he pushed himself up. He trembled as he stood up. He teared up as stood up. Bucky just... just couldn't take this anymore. He cried out in pain.

He was just alone.

He sat against the wall, his hands holding his face. If he could, he would've been drunk, but... he couldn't.

He longed to feel his husband in his arms once more. Even though they'd been married and together for years somehow he didn't feel as if he had enough time at all.

The next morning, Bucky somehow had fallen asleep. He woke up slowly. He reached and felt for Sam but his hand met the cold and empty blankets.

He gripped the blankets and then let go. He just laid there, wondering if he was ever going to wake up from his nightmare. His mind ended up drifting to a moment him and Sam had a day before.

Sam sat on the couch reading something. Bucky walked over and sat next to him.

He saw Sam glance at him and then back at the paper. "Wow. Just got ignored by my own husban-"

Sam leaned over and kissed him. Bucky smiled a bit and kissed him back with a smile. Sam smirked into the kiss and then pushed him down onto the couch and continued.

Bucky broke the kiss and laughed a bit. His hair a mess in his face. "In a mood much?"

"Not a mood... just realizing how fleeting life is." Sam says as he admires bucks face. A slight frown appeared on his face.

"You're thinking about Fallon threatening you again."  Bucky said.

"It's hard not to think about a death threat." Sam said quietly. Bucky just held Sam's face.

"He won't hurt you. I'll kill him first." Bucky said with a smirk.

Sam just looked at Buck. As if knowing what the future had for them. He just leaned down and just Bucky gently. This was a kiss of longing.

A kiss that highlighted their love in their obvious love story. Bucky could tell the difference. He kissed him back as Sam broke the kiss slightly.

"Let's watch a movie."

"Don't you have work? Bucky asked.

"It can wait."

Bucky stared at the window. He just couldn't move. He felt as if an elephant was sitting on his back. He just... he just couldn't.

As he laid there, there was a knock at his door. He just ignored it. The door opened and Natasha walked in.

"Dad."

He didn't say anything as he stared out the window.

"Dad... please talk to me..." she almost begging. He just couldn't say anything. The weight keeping him on that bed, just made it harder to talk, to think, to live.

"Hey. Do you want coffee? Tea? What would you like?"

"My husband."

Natasha froze. She teared up and sighed. "I can't give that to you."

"I know sweetie." He said as he sat up. Natasha's eyes widened when she saw the bruise on his back.

"What happened?!" She rushed over. She saw the bruises on his knuckles.

"Fallon came here last night." Bucky said so matter of factly. Natasha nearly went pale.

"What happened..." she asked as she held his hands.

"I found his blind spot, punched him In the face." Bucky said as he looked at her. He looked exhausted. He saw the same on his daughters face.

He just carefully pulled her into a hug. She teared up as she held onto him. "We only got each other now." He said quietly.

She nodded a bit as she tightened the hug.

"Very true." She said quietly. She pulled from the bud eventually and smiled sadly. "Wanna get some breakfast?"

Bucky just nodded. "Sounds good."

Fallon slammed his door open the following morning . His face was bruised a dark purple. Wanda choked on her tea when she saw him. "Fallon?"

"I'm killing that damn winter soldier and his daughter!" He yelled. Wanda frowned as she listened to this threat.

"You said you promised to Sam... not to hurt them..." she said.

"I don't care...Sam is dead. I can do whatever I wish to them. Perhaps.... He'd be happy to be reunited with the family." Fallon said as he looked at the redhead who was staring at him in horror.

"I think you've strayed off your path..."