Gone

Bucky fell to Sam's side. He immediately pulled him close. "Hey hey! Talk to me."

Sam just gripped Bucky's arm tightly. Pain was written all over his face. "Buck..."

"I'll- I'll get you help!" He started to call 911. Sam teared up as he shook his head. In the back of Bucky's mind, Bucky knew he wasn't going to make it.

Sam was bleeding so much, he could barely breathe. Bucky talked to the police until Sam grabbed his hand. "James..."

Bucky looked at him. Tears started to well up in eyes as he hung up. Sam looked at him with a weak smile. He coughed up blood as Nat stumbled over. "S-Sam..."

Sam didn't take his eyes off his husband. Bucky out more pressure on the would, but... but it wasn't doing anything.

"I love you..." Bucky said as his voice broke.

"I love you more..." Sam said as Bucky put his forehead against his forehead. Bucky held Sam so close to him.

He couldn't do this. He... he couldn't do this without Sam.

Sam thought of the life they had together. It was... a good life.

Sam's grip on Bucky's gear loosened. "No... Sammy." Bucky said quietly, hoping for him to hang on.

Sams hand dropped.

Bucky's whole world just fell apart. He gently shook Sam. "Hun...?"

Buckys tears started to fall faster. "Sam?" His voice broke saying his name. He paused as he looked at the lifeless man in his arms.

He cried out in pain. Pained sobs filled the silence as emergency services arrived. Bucky could hardly breathe as he cried. He held his husbands face gently, wondering why.

He wasn't even involved...

He didn't deserve this.

He deserved life. Everything good.

He just cried.

He could do nothing else.

Bucky sat outside the morgue at the hospital. His eyes were blank and puffy from crying. His hands were shaking, he just...  he just was lost.

The ambulance had tried to revive Sam over 5 times in the ambulance. Bucky was watching, it hurt him watching them realize he was gone.

Bucky looked at his wedding band, and Sam's that was given back to him. He just got up slowly and walked to the lobby.

There stood his daughter and her team. Natasha didn't know.

Natasha turned and looked at him. "Dad? You okay? Is dad alright?" She said as she rushed over to him.

Bucky couldn't look her in the eye. "Where's dad?" She said, concern growing in her voice.

Bucky just grabbed her hand, put Sam's ring in her hand. Natasha broke.

Tears welled up in her eyes. She looked at Bucky. He couldn't look at her. "No!" She yelled out.

He just hugged her tight. She cried into his shoulder holding onto him. "No..."

Natasha got to see Sam for the last time. She just sat by his side, holding his hand in hers.

Bucky stepped into the room. He stared at the two blankly. "He... he was in so much pain."'Bucky said.

Natasha lifted her head and looked at him. She saw the tears in Bucky's eyes. The anger that went across his face.

"He wanted to reason with Fallon to the end... because he understood the pain of losing someone. But... Fallon didn't even spare one ounce of mercy." Bucky couldn't get close to Sam's body.

It would break him down once more. Natasha just stood and looked at Sam. She pulled her hand from his gently.

The mortician looked at Bucky. "You ready for me to take him."

Bucky just stared at Sam. He just shook his head. "If you take him, that means he's gone..." Bucky just teared up more as he stepped towards his husband. His hand shook as he placed it gently on his chest.

Natasha watched him. Bucky just looked at his face as tears went down his face. "I hate this world..." he said as his voice broke.

"Good people die... and..." Bucky just shook his head as he started to sob. "... the evil get to live without consequence."

Natasha walked over and put her hand on her fathers back. She could feel the anguish, the pain, the anger.

This was his husband. The man who put him back together, the man he loved. "Say goodbye dad..." she said quietly.

Bucky shook his head as closed his eyes. "Natasha... I can't say goodbye to him."

"You have to."

"No."

"Dad."

"Natasha!"

Bucky didn't mean to yell. He just held his head and sighed. "I just... lost Steve, who I considered a brother.... He was with me from the beginning. And... your father was too."

Natasha understood.

Natasha gently reached for his hand that was on Sam's chest. "I know... but... at the same time. You have to heal... and he has to rest."

He turned his head towards her.

"Don't you want him to rest...?"

Bucky closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. He lifted his hand and took a step back. The mortician took Sam away.

Bucky stood there.

Natasha just teared up more and just hugged him. Bucky hugged her back so tight. Bucky just prayed this was just a nightmare, and that Sam was sleeping next to him, ready to walk him through it.

Sadly that dream would never be reality.

Natasha got her dad home. She got to her and Clara's apartment. She stood there against the door, staring blankly at everything.  Natasha felt the floodgates break.

She sank to the floor as she cried into her hands.

She didn't even get to say goodbye. Just cried out in pain. She gripped her hair and sobbed. Her dad... gone.

As she sat there. Clara walked over and sat next to her. She wrapped her arms around her girlfriend. Natasha held onto her and cried. Clara cried as well.

Both of them were in so much pain.

So much.

Fallon  walked back into his base. He turned when he saw Wanda standing there. "What..." he said.

She looked sad. "I thought you... you would've at least let Sam go."

Fallon raised a brow. "And where did you get that idea?" He said as he wiped blood off of his hands.

"He didn't do anything!" She yelled.

"Yes he did! He was associated... to them." Fallon said, anger rising in his voice.

Wanda looked actually angered by Sam's death. Fallon recognized this.

"You're upset..."

"Very."

"If you're so upset by my actions, that you knew were going to happen..." Fallon said as he dried his hands.

"Leave."