Rescue

Clara kept checking her pulse and Making sure she was breathing. Bucky ran in panting heavily. He saw the blood on the floor and on Clara.

"Oh shit..." he said as he knelt down by Natasha. Her breathing was labored, her leg, chest and arm were bleeding.

Bucky just picked her up. "Clara... you're going to need to clear the way."

She activated her bracelets and led the trio. She knocked out many agents as they ran. Natasha's eyes were closed as she leaned against her father.

Clara cleared a way to the elevator. The group got in. Clara was breathing heavily as it continued to the top floor.

"The rendezvous point is outside the front of the building... right?" She asked. He nodded as he checked Natasha's pulse.

Clara noticed the slight change in his expression. He squeezed Natasha's hand.

Clara looked at him. "We need to get back to the house now." He said.

The moment the elevator opened. Clara shocked all the agents. The two ran. "Strange open the portal!" Bucky said.

The portal opened in front of them. The two ran through and it closed. Bucky winced and rushed over to the table. Clara cleared it off as he laid her down.

"She doesn't have a pulse!" Bucky said. Clara's eyes widened at that. Stephen immediately started to do CPR.

Natasha's head lolled to the side. Clara stepped backwards as she watched them try to bring her back.

"Clara! I need a shock!" Stephen yelled. She ran over and activated her bracelets. She shocked Natasha.

"Nothing."

"Again!"

She shocked the captain.

"Again!"

She did it once more. Natasha had a pulse, but she was not breathing. Stephen did more CPR and she then started to breathe. He sighed in relief.

Natasha's eyes opened slightly as she laid there. She cringed in pain. "I'm going to have to remove the bullets... but I don't have anesthesia." Stephen said.

Bucky looked at Natasha. She just nodded as she glanced at Clara.

Clara nearly broke down seeing this worn down captain who came back to life just seconds ago. Bucky nodded at Stephen. He got his tools and got to work.

Bucky held her hands, and Clara stayed by her head giving her words of encouragement. Natahsa gripped Bucky's hand tightly as she teared up.

Eventually... three bullets were pulled out and disposed of. Natasha was wrapped up in gauze, and her arm put into a makeshift sling.

They got her upstairs. She wasn't awake at the points but she was safe. Clara sat by her the entire time, waiting for her to wake up.

That night, probably around 2 am, Natasha groaned as she opened her eyes. She cringed in pain a bit as she saw all the gauze wrapped around her. She looked to her side and saw Clara asleep in a chair.

Her eyes softened slightly as she saw the exhaustion on Clara's face. Natasha just looked d at her sleeping guard.

"Thank you Clara..." Natasha mumbled. Her voice was raspy and dry. Natasha closed her eyes slightly.

"You're welcome..."

Natahsa opened her eyes and looked at Clara.
Clara had tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Natasha just extended her hand to the blonde. Clara just carefully leaned forward and hugged her.

Natasha hugged her tightly with her free arm. Clara cried into her shoulder. "Y-you died..." Natasha leaned her head against hers and said nothing.

"I told you not to go without me! You're so stubborn not letting me go with you! I know I'm your agent, but I'm trying to protect you! You won't let me half the time!" She said.

Clara pulled away and looked at her. "Y-you're hurting my heart Natasha!" Clara said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Natasha knew. She knew she was... Natasha just reached up and wiped tears off her cheek with her thumb. "I'm sorry... but I needed to."

"Needed to?!"

"Yes... I..." Natasha lowered her hand. "I can't lose one of the most important people in my life." She says quietly.

Clara just paused. She shook her head as more tears fell. Natasha just wiped them all. It was all she could do for the time being.

"Why do you hurt yourself like this, Natasha? Especially when I'm involved? You know I can take care of myself, you know I'm a black widow, you know I'm trained-"

"Cause I can't lose you." Natasha said abruptly.

Clara looked at her shocked.

Natasha sighed and looked at her hand. "I've lost so many people... all people important to me. And, I can't risk losing someone as wonderful as you. I can't imagine walking around not being able to see you or hear your voice." She said quietly.

"I had someone who I considered an ally in Hydra... and lost her. After that I lost everything." Natasha looked at Clara.

"I just can't lose you too."

Clara just leaned forward hugged the captain.

"I can't lose you either Captain... you understand that, right?..." Clara said quietly. Natasha had never really heard it like that. She just wrapped her good arm around her tightly and closed her eyes.

The two stayed there in silence for a while longer.

Clara then pulled away and looked at Natasha. "I'll be back shortly."

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be back shortly okay?" Clara said reassuring her. Natasha noticed she was wearing her uniform under her jacket.

"Clara-"

"I have a mission. And my mission is to protect you. I intend to do that, while helping ourselves out." Clara walked out.

"Clara-" Natasha winced.

Bucky saw Clara walking down the hall. He grabbed her arm. "Where are you going?" He said quietly.

"I'm going to do my mission. The first one I was given." She said as she side eyed him. He reached into his pocket and handed her something.

It was his gun. "Be back by tomorrow morning." He said seriously.

"Understood."

Clara now had a target.

It was Oliver.