Candlelight

The two somehow... snuck into the hospital, and camped out in Anthony's office.

Clara sat in his chair playing on her phone. Natasha stood in the corner staring at the floor. Suddenly the door opened , and Anthony walked in, and once again almost went through the ceiling.

"Oh come on..." he said as he closed his door. "Can you guys stop scaring me at work..."
He said in annoyance.

"The director has been attacked, is in a coma, HYDRA has taken over SHIELD, the task force has been activated, and Clara and I are fugitives." Natasha said.

Anthony took his mask off and sighed. "Great." He said as he walked over to his chair, and motioned for Clara to get out of it. She hopped out of it and he took a seat.

"So.. is Supreme Witch going to be busy 24/7 with SHIELD?" Anthony asked.

"Most likely... but if you need to be here, I understand. Your patients are important." Natasha said.

Anthony thought. "Defending the world is also important..." he picked up his phone and dialed a number.

"Yes. Hi. Can you come up to my office? Thank you." They all look at him. He motioned to them to calm down.

He put the phone down. "I have a fellow doctor to help me out." As he stood a female talked walked in. "Captain, this is Dr. Christine Palmer. She knows I'm with SHIELD, and she knows I'm the Supreme Witch, and she's my step mother." He said as he smiled at her.

Christine crossed her arms. "I'm assuming you're calling me here... to take over your patients for an unknown amount of time?"

"Yes. Shit has hit the fan and they need me."
He said. Christine sighed and motioned the two ladies to leave for a motion.

Clara and Natasha both stepped out. Christine walked over to her son and held his face. "Be careful okay?"

He smiled softly and hugged her tight. "I will... don't worry." She nodded and kissed his head. "I'll let the surgeons department know, and I'll take over your patients."

"Thank you." He said as he pulled from the hug. Christine nodded and patted his shoulder as she stepped out. "Take care of my boy."

She said to Natasha. Natasha nodded. "I will." Christine nodded and smiled a bit.

"His father worked with both your fathers... you remind me of them." Christine said as she nodded and walked away.

Natasha took pride in being compared to her fathers. She just walked back into the office as Anthony pulled a file out.

"Where are we meeting?" Anthony asked.

"My apartment." Clara said.

"Cool. See yah then." Anthony said as he went to work on his final patients for awhile.

Natasha and Clara walked outside. "We need to find a car..."

"My cars at shield." Clara said.

"Too risky." Natasha said as the two continued to walk. "Guess we're walking." Clara said.

"Yep... oh and we need to stop by my apartment. I need my gear." Natasha said as she shoved her hands into her pockets. Clara looked ahead. "Sounds good."

The two eventually got to Natasha's apartment. Natasha unlocked it and started grabbing things. She grabbed a duffle and filled it with things. She grabbed a box that had a note on it.

Clara noticed. She watched as Natasha read the note. Natasha put it into her wallet and looked at Clara "I'm going to change into this. Make yourself comfortable." She said as she walked to her room.

Clara roamed over to this closet Natasha was grabbing things. She saw a picture of little Natasha smiling bright with Sam's shield.

Clara smiled softly at it as she saw a picture of Natasha standing next to a redhead. She held it and saw Natasha hugging her tight. Clara recognized the red head... she was the best of the Black Widows.

Clara then saw a photo book that had question marks next to photos. Each photo had Natasha as a kid. There were notes next to the photos, asking for explanations as to why she didn't remember any of this.

As she held the book, Natasha came into the room. She was wearing her own clothes, and placed something in her bag. There was a black shield on her back.

"Find anything interesting ?" Natasha said as she closed her bag.

"I'm sorry- I-" Clara said a she closed the book.

"Carter... it's okay." She said as she pulled her bag onto her back. Clara continued to look at the picture of little Natasha.

"I just found these picture of you when you were little... you were a cute happy kid." Clara said as she looked at the picture. Natasha walked over and held the picture.

"Yeah. I was. That was long ago..." Natasha said as she handed the picture back to Clara.

"Come on. Let's get going." Natasha said as she out a cap on.

Clara followed. She didn't want to put the picture back, so she put it in her pocket. Natasha stepped out into the cold with Clara in tow.

"Captain.. do you remember your childhood?" Clara asked. Natasha thought about it. "Very little."

"Was it cause of Hydra?"

"Yep."

The two made it to Clara apartment. Natasha sighed in relief as she sat on the couch. Clara closed her door and lit her candles instead of the lights in case people were trying to see if anyone was there.

Clara took her shoes off as she sat in her living room chair. She noticed it was snowing slightly outside.

"You okay Carter?" Natasha asked in a tone much softer than her usual. Clara looked over at her. She met these blue eyes who expressed concern.

"I am. I'm just a little worried."

"About?" She asked. Clara shrugged. "Everything? You? Me? The team... this world? What will be the outcome...?" Clara said as she adjusted herself in seat.

Natasha understood. "We'll find out won't we..."

"Yeah... yeah we will." Clara said softly as she continued to look at the captain. Natasha had her eye closed as she sat there.

"You're staring, Carter."

"I know."