Taking the Hit

About three weeks went by since they had seen zima, but Zima had been all around the world committing crimes for Hydra.

Now the world knew about Zimas existence again. And now, the world was ready to execute her at the stake.

"Zima is a criminal! She needs to be arrested!"  A representative from England says.

"This is the same thing that happened to the Winter Soldier. We must be able to assist her no matter what. She has been Zima, and is a victim of human trafficking in her younger years, abuse, manipulation, and her freedoms being taken from her." Maria said representing the United States.

"You are only saying that, Director Hill, because you're the girls godmother." A Canadian representative said.

"I am saying this as her boss, and her commander at shield! She may be my goddaughter but she is also my right hand in shield. I want her home, but we can't do that if she is labeled as a criminal all across the world!"

Sam sighed as she watched the TV with the team. Mina shook her head. "They're not even listening to her... they just want to arrest her, or better yet, give her the death penalty." She said.

"This isn't fair to anyone." Anthony said.

Kylo nodded. "It isn't. We can't even make a move and then the UN will think we're conspiring..."

Sam sighed as he put the remote down. Bucky stood next to him. His arm was healed now, but his bruises remained.

"Welcome to the world of politics" Bucky said.

Clara was glaring at the TV. "I can't believe them..." she said as she looked at away and sat down beside Anthony.

"Maria's fighting for her life in there." Kylo said. Sam sighed. "She is."

Zima got back from her mission. "Madam has another for you." An agent said as she walked in.

Zima was exhausted. "What it is?" They handed her the file. Zima opened it and saw the blonde girl from last time.

"When does she want this done?" Zima said going over her information.

"Tonight or tomorrow morning." Zima nodded and prepared to leave. She put her communicator in. Her handler was giving her the details for the mission.

Zima nodded. "Understood."

"Zima. Do not mess this up, madam was not pleased with the previous mission that involved this group of people."

"Understood. I'll deliver the mission accomplished after I'm done with her." She said darkly.

"Good. Logging off." The handler got off of her communicator. Natasha just got onto her jet and headed back towards the states.

Clara had enough of listening to the UN. "I'm going home. I'll finish watching it there." She said as she pulled her coat on.

"Understandable." Bucky said to her. She just chuckled and hugged him and Sam. "See you guys later."

She walked out of the White House and drove home. She sighed as she unlocked her apartment. A breeze hit her face as she entered. She muttered a few words of annoyance as she closed it.

Suddenly she remembered it was closed when she left. She turned her head and saw Zima standing there leaned against her doorframe.

Clara locked the window and turned towards her. "What do you want..."

Zima followed Clara with her eyes as she walked towards her bag. "My mission today is to kill you."

Clara paused and tried to conceal her fear. "Do you... intend to do that?"

Zima didn't say anything. Clara teared up and sat down. This was a hard conversation to have. The girl she loved, didn't remember her and wants to kill her.

Zima continued to stare at her. Scanning the blondes face. "Why are you starting to cry..." Zima said.

Clara wiped her tears. "I'm... I'm angry, scared, and sad." She said looking at zima.

Zima knew she was scared of her.

"Why sad...?" Zima said.

"I don't know how to explain..." Clara said as Zima walked towards her. Clara saw the gun in her hand.

"Try." Zima said.

"It's just... you are someone I know." Clara said as Zima sat on the couch across from her.

"This Natasha person you mentioned last time..." Zima said. Clara teared up at that. Zima saw the tears again.

"I can assure you I'm not her." The agent said through her mask.

Clara looked at her hands and teared up more. "I-I'm sorry... we couldn't save you." She said quietly. Zima frowned at that.

"Save me?"

"Yes... I'm sorry I couldn't find you." Clara said as her heart broke seeing Natasha like this.

Zima felt her heart break as she listened to Clara. The assassin got up carefully, being cautious of her coffee table, and knelt down in front of Clara.

Clara looked at her. Zima gently took her hands into hers and lifted them towards the parts of her mask where it can be disengaged.

"Press the buttons." Zima said.

Clara carefully pressed the buttons. The mask fell from zimas face, revealing Natasha.

Clara put the mask besides her. "Do I look... like this person you cared for." Clara reached to hold her face, but she hesitated.

Zima looked at her. "Go ahead."

Clara held her face gently. She nodded slightly. "You look just like her..." Clara said tearfully

Zima didn't understand these tears. Suddenly her communicator went for.

"Zima status update. Is the target dead."

Zima backed up from Clara... she grabbed her gun and pointed it at her. Clara didn't flinch. "I..." Zima said quietly.

"Yes." She lowered her gun. "She's dead. The mission was finished a few moments ago, before you called in."

"Good. Your transportation be at the agreed upon location."

"Agreed..." she said as she turned off her communicator. Zima just held her head and gripped her hair.

"I lied..." she looked out the window. "She's going to shock me again..." she mumbled to herself as she started to panic.

Clara walked over to her. "Are you okay-"

"No! I lied! And I don't even know why!" Zima said getting frustrated. The team knocked at her door. "Guys-"

Mina opened the door. And froze. The whole team did.

Zima grabbed her mask and sealed back into place before jumping out the window. "No!" Clara yelled as Anthony went after her.

Zima rushed down the street as Anthony raced after her. Zima suddenly spun around and slammed him onto the concrete.

She got webbed by Mina, but she yanked her forward and was about to hit her when Kylo caught Mina.

Zima panted as she started to panic. She saw the blonde running down the street screaming at them to stop.

Cars were driving  around the fighting or getting into accidents.

Zima saw a car going towards Clara. Her eyes widened. "Clara!" She yelled as she booked it towards her.

Clara turned but Zima pushed her out of the way before she got hit. Zima hit the concrete.

Clara's eye widened.

"Natasha!"