A Fathers Love

Bucky woke up the next morning feeling rather sore. He felt someone against him. He had his arms wrapped around Natasha. She was sound asleep against him.

He leaned his head against her as he kept her close. He closed his eyes tight, praying for one last miracle to save his baby girl.

Sam walked into their room. He saw Bucky sitting on the bed reading a letter. "What's that?" Sam asked as he started to pull his gear off.

"The government... telling me I cannot pursue a family." He said quietly. Sam paused and looked at him. Bucky looked at him tiredly.

"My past... makes me a risk, especially to the child." He said as he put the letter on his nightstand.

Sam walks over to him and read the letter. "Bullshit... I'll call Rhodey, and Nick. They'll both help us get this stupid ass thing undone."

"Sam is it even worth it...? Like-"

Sam knelt down in front of him and held his hands tight. "Bucky... do you want a family?"

"Yeah..."

"Do we want a family?"

"Yes."

"Then we will fight for one." Sam said with a soft smile. Bucky looked conflicted but he just nodded.

"Okay."

Sam just leaned forward and kissed him. Bucky just smiled as he kissed his husband back.

Bucky sighed softly as he adjusted the blanket onto Natasha better. He remembered going to court to argue he was well and stable enough to be a father.

He then thought of when he got to hold his daughter for the first time.

Bucky watched Sam hold their child. He was hesitant... he was honestly scared.

Sam cooed and just gazed at his kid. Sam then looked at Bucky.

Bucky looked at him. Sam walked over to him and motioned for Bucky to get ready to hold her. "No... Sam.."

"Bucky... she's your daughter."

He had a daughter.

Oh she was so precious.

"I... I don't want to hurt her." He said gesturing to his metal arm. Sam carefully reached and held his metal hand.

"It's okay.... I'm right here."

Bucky relaxed a bit and let Sam hand her to him. She made little noises in his arms. Sam brought Bucky's metal arm up to hold her.

Bucky teared up as he looked at her. "Hi baby girl."

The little girl just smiled a bit. Bucky cried as Sam kissed his cheek and leaned against him. "Were dads." Sam said quietly.

"We're a family..." Bucky said. He looked at Sam. He just kissed him.

Finally. Everything they wanted.

Bucky stared at the wall. He glanced at his wedding ring and took a deep breath. "Everything we wanted..."

He just held his daughter.