Nightmares

Clara shot up from her sleep. She was breathing heavily. Her mind flashed back to when she had shot Natasha Romanoff. She held her head and teared up slightly.

It was a memory she had tried to drown for so long. It was something she never could run fast enough from.

It was if she was running in place.

It did not help that she was protecting her goddaughter who was named after her. Clara wanted to find a way to explain this to Natasha, but she just didn't know how.

Clara was starting to calm down a bit more when she heard someone rustling next to her. She turned and met the blue eyes of the captain.

"Are you okay?" Natasha said, her voice raspy and tired. Clara sighed and laid on her back, staring at the ceiling.

"Ever... wish you could tell someone something, but you can't?" Clara said hoping to be as discreet as possible.

Natasha saw through her but didn't push. "Sometimes... but it's not the right time just yet." Natasha said as she closed her eyes.

"I know it's not the right time for me yet." Clara said quietly.

"Then don't force yourself. It'll only make it harder." Natasha said as she relaxed more into the bed.

"Yeah..."

Clara knew no matter how long she waited, it would hurt Natasha, and she didn't want to hurt the captain.

She just covered her face and sighed as she continued her endeavors of trying to sleep.

The next morning, Natasha was lightly training. Her gunshot wounds were healed, at least enough for her to do some training.

Of course Bucky was watching her like a hawked which she didn't mind.

She had new scars on her arm, leg and chest. She was used to scars, but these hurt her greatly.

Natasha thought of Clara's cries in pain as she laid on the ground lifeless. She heard them... she always did...

Natasha touched the scars as she was dragged back to reality by Bucky. "Natasha!" She looked over surprised to see him.

"Hm?" She said.

"You okay?" He said worryingly.

Natasha honestly didn't know how to answer. Since coming back to life her mind kept replaying the moment she died, and the moment she got shot over and over again.

"I don't know..." she said as she looks at the punching bag. She punched it lightly.

"My mind keeps playing all these bad moments in my head.... and Zima has been fighting me more." She said as Maria walked into the room.

"You need to rest." Bucky said.

"I can't..." Natasha said with a chuckle. The moment she picked up the shield, she knew her job.

"There is a whole country under the control of Hydra. I can't sit still for too long." Natasha said as she looked at Bucky.

"Dad would've done the same." She said. Bucky knew she was right. He sighed and rubbed his temple.

"You're right... and you're just like him too." Bucky said as he looked at her, frustrated by her stubborness.

Suddenly Mina came running down the stairs. "Guys!" She held up her iPad in Bucky's face.

He held it and looked at it. "What is this?"

"T-that red dot! Is Sam!" She said. Bucky was silent for a moment.

"Really?" He looked at the shorter girl, an expression that could only be described as relief was on his face.

"Yes, and I have photo evidence he is alive." She said as she opened her surveillance. She had hacked in and had a photo of Sam being escorted to another cell.

Bucky sat down as he held the iPad. "Oh he's alive..." he said taking a deep breath.

Natasha walked over and saw the photo. She knew he wasn't doing well.

"Any way we can get him?" Natasha asked Mina.

"I think there is going to be a Hydra gala, and Madam is going to be there. It's being held near the gala location." Mina said as she opened another file showing her the schedule she found.

"So we're infiltrating a gala?" Natasha asked.

"Yes."

"Great." Kylo said as he came downstairs with Anthony in tow.

"Nothing wrong with infiltration." Natasha teased as she handed Mina her iPad back.

"Says the one who is the master of infiltration." Kylo said. Natasha just chuckled as she headed upstairs.

"All of you get ready for a gala." She said as she walked into her room, she made sure not to be too loud.

She saw Clara still asleep. Natasha walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. She gently shook Clara.

Clara grumbled as she started to wake up. "Cap... why are you waking me up?"

"Because it's time to wake up, and we have a new mission to get ready for." Natasha said as she got up.

"New mission?"

"Yep. Breaking into a gala." Natasha said as she pulled a hoodie on, a beanie and her shoes on.

"Where are you going?" Clara said as she finally started to get up. She got up and stretched as she walked over to Natasha.

"I'm going to get my disguise for the mission." Natasha said as she turned towards Clara.

"Assuming I need one too?" Clara said.

"Only if you intend to go with the group." Natasha said with a soft smile.

Clara smiled back and nodded. "I do."

"Then get dressed, and we'll all meet you downstairs. And don't dress too crazy, we don't want agents seeing us." Natasha said as she met Clara's gaze.

Clara chuckled a bit and nodded. "You're right." She looked at the captain and smirked.

"What color dress should I get?" Clara asked.

"Black." Natahsa said as she tossed a jacket at her. Clara caught it.

"Black? Why?"

"Cause we can match." Natasha said as she opened her door. She walked out as Mina peeked in.

"You two matching?" Mina said excitedly.

Clara looked at Mina and chuckled.

"I guess so."