Check Up

Steve sat in a chair by Clara's side, asleep. He was exhausted and just drained from the mission the day before.

But now he was wondering when he daughter was going to wake up again. But since he was sleeping, he was finally having a moment of peace.

Clara opened her eyes a bit. She looked around as she felt the oxygen mask on her face. "Dad.." she said as she saw him.

Steve woke up a bit, but then saw her eyes open. "Clara!" He stood up and held her hand. "Oh sweetheart."

She smiled weakly. Steve called for a doctor and a nurse. They quickly did their tests, and got her sitting up.

Steve listened to the doctor as he brushed her hair. "Well. The bullet didn't hit anything critical. You do need to relax. Since you are part super soldier, you will heal a bit faster than my average patient, but, not as fast as Captain America." She said as she looked at her.

"Dr. Aikawa will be here to finalize the next step of your healing process. He did do the surgery. So I'll sent him in when he gets in."

Clara nodded. "Thank you."

The doctor nodded and waved as she walked out. Steve pushed her hair out of her face. "How are you?"

"I've been better... but I'm good." She said tiredly. "Is..."

"She's okay. She's at Bucky and Sam's private residence. Based on what I've heard, she's doing really well physically, no idea on the mental side."

"As long as she's alive and no longer near them..." she said as Natasha's screamed echoed through her mind. She didn't want to imagine what they did to her...

Steve saw her lost in thought. He held her hand and nodded. "They won't... don't worry."

Anthony yawned as he sipped his coffee. He buzzed into the hospital and had two classified folders with him.

One was Clara's and the other was Natasha's. She was going to be coming in for an appointment later that day. He walked into his office, and jumped when he saw Christine sitting there.

"I have a bone to pick with you." She said as she stormed over to him. "I'm sorry... things with SHIELD got-"

She just hugged him. He paused but wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry I was gone for so long." He said softly. Christine just pulled from the hug and looked at him.

"Just keep me in the loop the next time you are healing the whole military." She said with a soft smile.

"Got it." He chuckled. She waved and headed out to do her rounds. He grabbed his first folder and opened it. He saw the name of the patient and chuckled.

He walked down the hall and stopped by the room. He opened it and saw Kylo sitting on the bed. "Kylo Rodriguez..." Anthony said.

Kylo smiled a bit. "So you actually are a doctor."

"You thought I was lying?" He said as he sat down on a stool and pulled his gloves on.

"Maybe. Thought it was highly unlikely for the son of Dr. Strange to be a general surgeon, running the hospital in DC." Kylo said as Anthony scooted over to him on his stool.

"Does seeing me in scrubs help?" Anthony asked.

"A bit."

"Well, what did you come in here for today?" Anthony asked. Kylo lifted up his sleeves showing burns.

"I knew you were fucking hiding something yesterday." Anthony said as he grabbed his arm gently, and examined the burn.

"I'm going to clean it and wrap it up. I'll also give you some painkillers just in case the pain is too much." Anthony said as he got hours burn kit.

Kylo watched him closely. Anthony was focused, and precise. It was kinda a perfect match for him to be basically Dr. Strange 2.0.

Anthony cleaned the burn, stole ointment, and wrapped it nicely. "There you go." Anthony wrote something on a piece paper.

"Here is the prescription for some meds but that's about all. Any questions?" Anthony asked Kylo.

Kylo looked at him. "Actually yes... wanna get a coffee with me?"

Anthony looked at him surprised as he took his gloves off. "Coffee?"

"If you don't drink coffee that's fine, uh-"

"Kylo."

Kylo looked at him. "I'm cool with that. I'll get a tea, but... yeah. I'd love to get coffee with you." Anthony said as he stood up. He wrote something on his clipboard and then looked at him.

"Anything in the evening is good for me since I have patients during the day. And well... you won't be teaching." Anthony said with a soft smile.

Kylo stood and smiled a bit. "Thanks. I promise to make a good impression."

"Good." Anthony said

"I'll text you the date." Kylo said as he walked out. Anthony stood there and chuckled.

"Crazy guy."

He eventually got down his list of patients and came to Clara's room. He smiled as he saw her. "Hey! You're awake!" Anthony said as he adjusted his white coat.

"That I am." She said with a chuckle. He looked at his clipboard. "That's always a good thing." He said as he washed his hands and then looked at her.

"Alright. Did my nurse tell you what surgeries we did?" Anthony said as he pulled gloves on.

"No. I don't think she wanted to overwhelm me."

"Understandable. Well, we did surgery on your side to remove the bullet. Of course there was some internal bleeding, so we took care of that. And you had some other injuries we had to take care of which was after the surgery." Anthony said

Clara nodded. "What was wrong outside of the surgery?"

"Some bruised bones, you had a cracked rib, and I believe that is all." He said as he stood up.

"Got it."

"I do want to check your back thought is that okay?" He said as checked his notes.

"Yeah go for it."

He stood up and undid the top of her gown, letting her hold it in front of her as he checked her back. "I heard you ended up getting slammed into a wall a few times, so just making sure nothing is wrong with your spine." He said as he continued to check.

It was quiet. But then he smiled a bit. "Kylo asked me on a date."

Clara just smiled. "About time".