TLC

Sam ended up taking the whole team back to their house. And no not the White House, a home him and Bucky own in DC.

He wanted her to be in a relaxing place, nothing that would stress her. They brought her to a bedroom.

She stared at the bed. "Is this for me..." she said quietly. Sam nodded as he opened her window to let in fresh air, and got her extra blankets from out of the closet.

"Yes it is. This is actually a room you grew up in, when I was the senator of Maryland." He said as she sat down on the bed.

"Let's get you out of that uniform. It does not look comfortable." He said as he opened a shelf. "I had some clothes sent here awhile ago in case you had to crash here." He said as he handed them to her.

She nodded as she held them. "I'll let you get-"

"Help me..." she said quietly. He looked at her. She teared up. "My body hurts and I'm just too tired."

Sam walked over and motioned for her to open the blanket Anthony had wrapped her in. "Ah... I see."

He texted Bucky to bring him some wash clothes, and a medical kit. "I understand." He said as he stayed knelt down in front of her.

"Can I take your boots off?" She nodded as she tried to help him.

He got her boots off as Bucky came in. "Everything alright?" He said. He was in casual clothes now.

"Yeah. I'm gonna get her cleaned up. I don't want to put her in the shower and freak out, so..." he picked up a washcloth.

"... washcloths." He said. Bucky nodded and went to go get him a bowl of water. Sam looked at her hands and extended his towards hers.

She reached and held his. "You're safe here with me. Okay?" She nodded.

"Alright! Here's the bowl of water." Bucky said as he put it down besides Sam. "Thank you, are all the others kids downstairs?"

"Yeah. They're all dressed down and resting. Clara's at the hospital though." Bucky said as Sam put the washcloth in the warm water.

"Got it. Make them some food? Don't burn it, and check on Steve for me."

"I'm not gonna burn it, and I got it." Bucky said as he headed back downstairs.

Sam squeezed water out of the towel and looked at her. "Ready?"

"Yeah..." he gently cleaned off her face, getting all the dirt and what he assumed was blood off of her face. She started to fall asleep cause of how nice he was being, which made him happy.

He eventually got her all cleaned up. He pulled the shirt over her head and helped her get her shorts on.

"Can... can we wash my hair please?" She said softly. Sam nodded. "I'll only be able to do that in the shower, and I know it can be stressful. Is that okay?"

She simply nodded. He nodded and walked her over to the bathroom. She put her head on the edge of the tub. He put shampoo in her hair and then conditioner. He turned the water on low and started to rinse her hair.

He could've sworn, she fell asleep momentarily.

He wrapped a towel around her hair and started to dry it.

He had her sat in front of a mirror as he did her hair. "You're the president right...?" She said.

"Yes I am." He said as he started to take care of her hair.

"Then why did you just hire a caretaker for me?" She said. Sam continued to brush through her hair. "Well... I could do that. You know make my life easier, and go to the Oval Office... but you're my daughter." He said he finished detangling her hair.

"And being your father is more important to me than being the president. You may not remember me all that much, but I know you...." He chuckled a bit. "I've known you since you were crawling... you probably don't remember me being there for every step and fall but I want you to know now that I'm right here for these steps." He said as he looked at her in the mirror.

Natasha looked at him teary eyed. "I want to remember you and Bucky so bad..."

"You will... just need to give yourself time." He said as he pulled her hair back.

"So... do you want a hair cut, do you want to leave it like this, or style it."

"Uh... can you put it up?" Sam nodded and started to braid her hair back. He gave her two braids.

"Voila. You look even more beautiful." He said as he helped her up. "Sure..." she said as he took her to her room.

She laid down on the bed and relaxed instantly into the comforters. "I'll bring you some dinner if you'd like."

She was already asleep.

Sam sighed as he covered her with a blanket. He kissed her head and went downstairs where all the other kids were asleep.

Bucky was just washing dishes humming to himself. Sam smiled a bit and said walked over and hugged him from behind. Bucky leaned against him and relaxed a bit.

"You okay?" Sam said as he kissed his neck and wrapped his arms around his waist gently. Bucky stopped washing the dishes and sighed.

"Yeah. I'm okay." Bucky said tiredly. "Hey I got the dishes. Go relax." Sam said.

"You just took care of our daughter. I got it." He said quietly.

Sam put his hands under his shirt. "You sure?"

Bucky nodded as he put his hand over his. "Thank you for coming home." Sam said quietly.

Bucky turned around and wrapped his arms around his neck. "No problem." He said with a smirk.

"Still smug after an emotionally draining mission huh." Sam said with a chuckle. "Of course I am. It's my 40s charm shining through." He said as looked at him.

"Oh shut up." Sam said with a chuckle.

"Make me." Bucky said.

Sam just smirked and kissed him.