#11 | ksj

The smell of Seoul, the park you had always loved. It's been 4 years. 4 years and a month, since you last inhaled the air of Seoul. You sat on the bench as you saw your past memories flash before your eyes.

| Flashback |

You were sitting down, admiring the late afternoon for you had just finished a whole week of school, and it is finally weekend tomorrow. You decided to stay there for a while since you didn't have to worry about someone waiting for you because you live alone. Your parents were in Daegu.

Your phone vibrates and you receive a text message.

Landlady Mrs. Choi
: The woman living next to your apartment just left, a guy that I believe is about your age, will occupy it starting tonight.

You watch as the skies turn dark and gray, droplets of water starting to fall from the sky.

Great, just great. You didn't bring an umbrella. Now you had to run towards the huge tree in the middle of the park to avoid getting wet, but it was no use. You still got wet.

You were rubbing your arms for warmth when someone stood beside you. He shared his umbrella with you without even asking.

"Where do you live?" he says as he takes off his blazer. Surprisingly, he is in the same university as yours, yet he isn't that familiar. Maybe in the other building.

"E–excuse me?" you stutter in response.

"I believe you don't have an umbrella, I'll take you home. I just moved in an apartment two blocks away," he says with a half-hearted smile.

"The one owned by Mrs. Choi?" you turn to him with curious eyes.

"Uh, yes, are you the girl living next door?" he asks.

"Oh, yes."

"I'll walk you home then. A cutie like you might get sick," he smirks and hangs his arm over your shoulders as you begin to walk home.

He was the nicest person, one that made you agree to a relationship.

You were lying down on your bed, scrolling through twitter when your phone suddenly rang.

— Jin🐽 is calling —

him: yoonmi? come to the park now

you: huh? why don't you just come home

him: please?

you: arasseo arasseo, be there in 10 minutes.

You see him sitting down, fiddling with his fingers. He stares at his phone, then puts it back on his pocket.

He turns to your direction and you wave. He pats the space beside him and you sit down comfortably.

You stare at him as he caressed your hair, admiring every feature of your face. He smiles bitterly, although you know something's wrong.

"What's wrong?", you hugged him tighter.

"Nothing. I just want to say I love you."

"I know—"

"And I love you so much, you don't know how much I love you, it was the two best years of my life, with you. I will always remember you when it rains, and every second of my life. Yoonmi-ah, if we will ever part ways, don't ever forget me? Okay? I'm not saying anything but always remember that I love you and I will never stop loving you." he smiles and cups your cheeks. You nod even though you were kind of clueless of what he meant.

Raindrops start to fall, harder and harder. He hands you the umbrella, still the same one when you first met.

"I love you, Yoonmi-ah" he smiles.

He runs with his hands covering his head. You were calling him out but he just kept running. You stood there dumbfounded. You were soaking wet, he could've walked you home but he didn't. He lives next door but why didn't he?

| next day |

You struggle to knock on the door of his apartment with a tupperware of soup on your other hand. You were knocking and knocking for almost an hour. You decided to go back to your room.

Landlady Mrs. Choi sent a message.

Landlady Mrs. Choi
: The guy next door just left, a woman will occupy it starting tomorrow.

You were crying for almost an hour. You were really clueless why and where he went.

For a whole month, you always went there whenever it rained, but he was never back. You were always sick.

You decided to accept a job offer which was working at another country, Japan.
Maybe you could forget him in that way. But you never actually did.

| Flashback end |

You were carrying the umbrella he gave you 4 years ago. You have kept it wherever you went. You never wanted to get wet in the rain, not anymore.

You watch as the clouds begin to turn dark and gray. It was about to rain. You opened your umbrella and texted your friend if she was home yet because she had your keys to your old apartment. You didn't want to live anywhere else.

You were looking around when you saw a familiar figure run towards the tree. Those broad shoulders are so familiar. You look at him carefully and he really was Seokjin. It was taking all of your pride to stop yourself from going towards him, but you still did.

You stood beside him and shared the umbrella. He didn't notice who you were at first.

"Ah, thank you, miss—" he turned to you and his expression changed so fast. He was clearly shocked.

"Yoo–yoonmi?" he pulled you into a hug which you didn't hesitate to return.

You were the first to pull away as you remembered the bad memories. He explained to you why he left and as the soft person you were, you understood.

"I missed you so much," He cupped your cheeks and pecked it.

"Nado, I missed you too." You replied with a smile.

"I always waited for you here, but Mrs. Choi said you left. I only left for 2 years and came back after. I've been living there again for 2 years. I heard you'll still sleep just a wall away from me, but I wouldn't mind if you slept beside me." he smirked and chuckled lightly.

"Mianhae, for making you wait, but I waited for you too! You're lucky I still love you."

"I love you even more than the strands of your hair, Yoonmi."

"Wow, is that even a joke?"